“A better hotel in Dhaka”
Review of The Westin Dhaka

The Westin Dhaka
Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Dhaka City
Norway
“A better hotel in Dhaka”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Hotel Westin is probably the best hotel in Dhaka (and Bangladesh). The contradiction between the street outside and the hotel is huge, as the quality is at the same standard as any other Westin hotel in the world.

The staff is friendly and the food is good.
They have not been professional enought when it comes to hosting us in conference rooms, as the service interrups us constantly, making it impossible to hold discussion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Gjermund_Lia
Nazrul I, Manager at The Westin Dhaka, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

It is nice to see that you have noticed our adherene to the strict standard of property and services which is a hall mark of any WestinHotel anywhere in the world.

We will be delighted to book your room in our hotel during your next visit to Dhaka.

Nazrul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Based on the conditions overall in Dhaka, the Westin Hotel is the best hotel to stay in. The restaurants are very good and the rooms are nice with excellent service. It is unfortunate that the wifi was spotty and not available in most rooms but overall this is a good business hotel to stay in Dhaka.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank MakatiJoe
Nazrul I, Manager at The Westin Dhaka, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your good comments on our hote - specially on our 'very good' restaurants 'nice rooms' and 'excellent services'.

We have also taken note of your experience in using our wifi service. We are working on it and I'm sure you will find our internet service much improved during your next visit to The Westin Dhaka.

We look forward to have your reservation with us ver soon.

Thank you.

Bangalore
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed couple of times at westin and is located in Gulshan area which is the business hub in dhaka city. excellent facilities, love the food and relaxing spa treatments are some of the few things i like about this property

Room Tip: Opt for high rise floors to get a view of the city around you
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SunilBangalore
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking time to let us have your encouraging comments on our hotel. It is nice to see that some of the excellent attributes of our property and its services are mentioned in your review.

We will be delighted to have you back in our hotel during your next visit to Dhaka. I'm sure you will have even a better experience.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is my 4th stay at Westin Dhaka and definitely my best experience among them. It was my wife's birthday and I reached out to Front desk manager Tawsif Ahmed...he did a wonderful job and surprised her with a cake, fruit basket and a nice card. We also got a room in high floor with good view.
The front desk check in was smooth and room service food was tasty.. Would highly recommend Nasi Goreng.
We also felt that the staff have become more proficient in english over the years.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid street noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank imtiaz82
Nazrul I, Manager at The Westin Dhaka, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Your encouraging words will help us to take the quality of our services to the next level.

We will be delighted to have you back in our property time and again.

mumbai
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The only good thing about this place is the location and that one of the only few places where you can get alcohol in dhaka. otherwise really expensive for the service and quality. The corridor on a smoking floor stinks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rahulnaidu
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We would like to inform you that we have taken note of your experience as you mentioned.

We will review this and act on it to the best of our capacity.

Regards
Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at for a week in The Westin Hotel in Dhaka. The hotel has a 5 star rating. Athough I think the hotel is nice and I liked it overall I'm not sure I would give it a 5 stars. Unfortunately the overall rating above does not have something between average and very good as I think it fits somewhere in between.
For me the best part about the hotel was the staff who were very nice. Some of them went out of their way to be extremely helpful, in particular a young man, Zubayor(?), who was at the concierge desk. There were a few who didn't understand their roll vis-a-vis the guest but I chalked that up to improper training, lack of experience or to their age.
I thought the restaurant where the breakfast was held every morning had delicious food especially some of the local food. They also had a multigrain bread that was to die for! Breakfast was something I looked forward to because of the wonderful selection they had and to my very attentive server. The two nights I had dinner in my room I thought the food was good but not great compared with the breakfast.
My room was nice with a view over the city and the hotel was in a great location. I, as a woman, did not go far because westerners tend to attract a lot of attention, especially women and it's unusual to see a woman on her own. So despite being in the center of the city I couldn't take advantage of it.
While I was there I had a massage. The young woman who did it was good and although I don't think she was professionally trained, she did have some experience. I also had a pedicure which was also well done. My friend, unfortunately, was very disappointed in her manicure and pedicure. Again a lack of proper training. They seem to have the young people do a little of every thing so they could be giving a massage in the morning and a manicure in the afternoon.
I was disappointed that this major hotel didn't have wifi throughout the hotel. And that when I bought stamps and a sim card in the hotel shop I had to pay extra. I also had to pay extra to mail postcards which normally one doesn't have to do in any hotels that I have ever stayed in!
All in all my experience at the Westin was positive and the room was clean and comfortable. I just think they could spend a little more time training some of their staff and bring their spa up to the level the hotel is trying to portray.
Keep in mind also that there is quite a large tax on the room which I didn't know at the time of booking.
This was the first time I have ever stayed in a Westin but am due to stay in another one in Denver in March so this should give me a better idea about the Westin chain.

Room Tip: As the city is extremely noisy I would recommend something high up. My room was very bright and sun...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kathy D
Dear Guest,

We appreciate indeed that you have spent time to let us have your feed back on our hotel.

We are very happy to acknowledge your comments on different areas of our services where you have appreciated those.

Please note that your comments on areas where we did not meet your expectation level also have been shared amongst us. We certainly will act on those to the best of our capacity.

We look forward to have you back in our hotel.

Thank you.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Hotel is quite conveniently located in Gulshan area.
The staff is cooperative and attentive. Rooms are well laid out. The coffee shop is typical of Westin-quite international.
Price is steep for Dhaka at US $ 300+.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Padam99
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind response.

We are very pleased to note that you have appreciated services of our associates and layout of our rooms.

We will be delighted to have you back in our hotel.