Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Fantastic Company

Nijhoom tours were fantastic, we were looked after from the moment we landed in Dhaka to the moment... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
23Charlee
via mobile
One day Dhaka tour

The Dhaka tour was interesting and driver and guide were great in understanding our wishes... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Penny H
Southampton, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Dhaka City
from $490.00
from $48.00
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews day tour rickshaw ride mr hasan wildlife guide wild boar paddle steamer spotted deer photo tour terrorist attack a unesco world heritage site boat crew narrow streets an adventure feel unsafe outstanding tour tiger footprints horrendous traffic
Selected filters
Reviewed December 31, 2018

When I told people I was going to Bangladesh, the usual reply was ‘why?’ or 'what's there?', coupled with a quizzical look. It is indeed an ‘out there’ destination, often overlooked due to its proximity to India, a tourism magnet. Hasan Raw, the owner, efficiently handled all the booking details and was always prompt in that regard, an indication of attention to the client. The Glory of Bangladesh tour was excellent, providing insight into the country’s history and culture. Its core interest for me was covering the country’s three World Heritage Sites [Bagerhat, Sundarbans and Somapura Mahavihara]. The tour provided so much more. The streets of old Dhaka are reminiscent of those of old Delhi. Our Dhaka hotel, Hotel Civic Inn, was chosen for its ready access to the airport. It was a good hotel, including two things we saw very little of in other places: a proper shower and coffee/tea making facilities. Its location in Uttara is not in a tourism part of town. We had two boat journeys of differing character. An overnight on the Paddle Steamer Mashud [the class of ships better known as the Rocket] was a chance to appreciate a mode of transportation from bygone days. It was so slow we had to hurry our tour of Bagerhat the next day but that’s travel. The second boat experience was two nights on the Seagull as we visited Sundarbans, the crew becoming our extended family, the cook somehow preparing fine meals from his simple kitchen. Having the room at the front of the ship, it was my first sleeping spot ever without a floor. There were other great sites like Puthia with its many temples to Krishna and the allure of Panam Nagar, a street of wealthy Hindu cloth merchants, now a stunning set of ruins. Two train journeys provided another way to travel, the scramble to get on the second train, the 709 Parabat Express, making you fell like a local. Our time in park settings was where Bangladesh kept more of her secrets, the elusive Bengal tiger only seen via a paw print, good photographic chances re most birds, wild boar, otter and the like quite difficult. The time in Sreemangal among the tea plantations was peaceful. The selected hotels were fine, most of them just one nighters. The van transportation was good though the availability of seat belts was a concern on a couple of occasions, bearing in mind the crazy passing of some drivers. The drivers were all good, a tip of the cap to Mubarak who was with us the most of the time. If this was not enough, there are three more areas that confirmed the excellent nature of this trip. Be prepared for some very rough roads, all part of the experience. We visited five villages, all very different and full of people happy to return your smile or nod of the head. Even more striking was the very engaging nature of the Bangladeshi people. Anywhere and everywhere, we were asked where we were from and how did we like Bangladesh. In almost thirty years of overseas travel, I have never been asked to take so many photographs of people or allow a selfie [or two or three]. The friendliness of the Bangladeshi people made the tour a more rewarding experience. Last and not least, Faisal, was a great guide. He knew his stuff, he added little things like the brick making stop and gave us insight into the wonderful food of the country. His Christmas Day impromptu dance will cause me to smile whenever I think about it. His affable nature and smooth handling of operations made the trip a 6 out of 5.

2  Thank Terry M
Reviewed December 22, 2018

Mr Hasan from Nijhoom organised the Rocket Steamship ride and a Barisal Backwater tour for me with Dhaka City tour and Sonagoan Old Town tour tacked on either end. I found this company excellent to work with. Mr Hasan was very responsive to my requests and organised everything I asked for. My guides Faisal and Naeem (trainee) were both great. Faisal in particular went out of his way to make sure every detail of my trip was perfect. We went to local schools, logging port and brickworks, villages, floating markets and more. I love to take photographs and the trip provided many opportunities to take photographs of local people and lifestyle. Faisal was was flexible and went out of his way to help me purchase a train ticket on the first day. The boat and car drivers were also very helpful and friendly. I would not hesitate to use Nijhoom Tours again on future trips.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed December 22, 2018 via mobile

After a bit of messing around getting payment through we were confirmed and on our way. After a ride into old Dhaka in a minibus we were off on foot seeing a Hindu temple, the a couple of mosques, before jumping on a rickshaw for a view of the backstreets and more sights. This was followed by lunch, a trip on the river and finally the pink palace. This tour covers all the key sights in old Dhaka and is definitely recommended. Note that this is a full day tour, and due to the long day, the heat and the walking can be tiring for some.

1  Thank Tmenzies
Reviewed December 7, 2018

Our trip with Nijhoom Tours was a great experience. Well organized with a good driver and a friendly guide, we made it through the country for 7 days.
An impressive Rocket cruise , a ride on an express train and a drive on a moderne van made our tour very memorable.
The peoples are friendly and Bangaladesh is a safe county.
The guide Mr Naeen was very helpful and knowledgable. He gaves us a deep insight of the local culture and living circumstances of the Bangladesh people.

1  Thank wisarat1
Reviewed December 7, 2018

We were met at Dhaka airport and transferred to our hotel where, after a night to recover, we began an action-packed 5-day tour. Our guide, Faisel, was very knowledgeable and helpful. After a day exploring the colourful, frantic chaos that is Dhaka it was a relief to board the Rocket and escape down the hazy river. After a comfortable night on board we drove to Bagerhat where my love of all things terracotta began... not to mention the stunning pillars of the Sixty Domed Mosque! We then had two nights on board a private small boat on which we drifted through the Sundarbans, stopping for amazing early-morning excursions on a small boat up narrow creeks where we saw bright-coloured kingfishers, otters and monkeys. A walk though the long grasses of Kotka Wildlife Sanctuary took us to a wonderful beach and left me relieved not to have encountered any tigers. The constant new visual and mental experiences, including a visit to a fishing village and a crocodile breeding center and a continual supply of the most delicious food, made our time in the Sundabans feel more like a week! Mr Hasan, owner of Nijhoom, was extremely kind and helpful organising train tickets and accommodation for us in addition to the tour. I know the tour is more expensive than others available but there is no doubting the quality!

Date of experience: November 2018