Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
3 days Sundarban excursion in private boat

This was the best excursion, met all our expectation and more. Well organized, plenty of support... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Virani123
Fabulous Old Capital Tour!

We chose to do the Old Capital Day Tour which was great from start to finish! Our guide Faisal was... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
carmelitaassuncao
Sydney, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Dhaka City
from $88.00
from $75.00
from $438.00
More Info
All reviews day tour rickshaw ride mr hasan wildlife guide paddle steamer wild boar spotted deer photo tour terrorist attack a unesco world heritage site narrow streets private tour an adventure feel unsafe outstanding tour tiger footprints boat ride on the river
Reviewed December 7, 2018

We were met at Dhaka airport and transferred to our hotel where, after a night to recover, we began an action-packed 5-day tour. Our guide, Faisel, was very knowledgeable and helpful. After a day exploring the colourful, frantic chaos that is Dhaka it was a relief to board the Rocket and escape down the hazy river. After a comfortable night on board we drove to Bagerhat where my love of all things terracotta began... not to mention the stunning pillars of the Sixty Domed Mosque! We then had two nights on board a private small boat on which we drifted through the Sundarbans, stopping for amazing early-morning excursions on a small boat up narrow creeks where we saw bright-coloured kingfishers, otters and monkeys. A walk though the long grasses of Kotka Wildlife Sanctuary took us to a wonderful beach and left me relieved not to have encountered any tigers. The constant new visual and mental experiences, including a visit to a fishing village and a crocodile breeding center and a continual supply of the most delicious food, made our time in the Sundabans feel more like a week! Mr Hasan, owner of Nijhoom, was extremely kind and helpful organising train tickets and accommodation for us in addition to the tour. I know the tour is more expensive than others available but there is no doubting the quality!

Reviewed December 2, 2018 via mobile

The tour is so amazing. I experienced very local culture and living of Bangladesh people. I love it. I have been Bangladesh several times. I never know any attractions until I joined this tour. They brought me to Indian temple, Mosque, Church, taking Rickshaw though small lane, taking boat... very interesting and cool tour. I would never forget it.
The guide and driver are nice and friendly. The guide did very well to introduce every attraction clearly. Very nice.

Reviewed November 26, 2018

What an adventure! Everything was excellent. The tour guides were so helpful and knowledgable. The staff was attentive and kind, making sure this vegetarian was well taken care of.
Yes ,Bangladesh is a third world country but never once did I feel unsafe or nervous. Actually the Bangladeshi people are inquisitive and very friendly.
This gal will be returning for more adventures in this beautiful country!

Date of experience: October 2018
2  Thank labuckley
Reviewed November 26, 2018

My trip with Nijhoom Tours in Bangladesh went great. I found Bangladesh to be a friendly, safe, and beautiful country. Our guides were attentive, organized, and knowledgeable. The whole trip exceeded my expectations.

Our tour started in Dhaka which can only be described as organised mayhem. Having a good guide in the city was absolutely the way to go. Faisal kept track of our group and was very well organized which allowed us to take in the sights of the city and truly enjoy our experience there. The people of Dhaka are friendly and courteous and I never once felt unsafe. But navigating Dhaka without a guide would be a challenge.

Once we left for the Sundarbans, Faisal did a great job adjusting plans when drivers went on strike. We all thought the impromptu rickshaw ride through the Bangladesh countryside was one of the highlights of the trip. Once we hit the river, the boat we stayed on was clean and crewed by a friendly and competent staff. The food was better than expected for sure.

The Sundarbans are amazing. The landscape is beautiful, particularly at sunrise and sunset. The birdlife was also surprising diverse, colorful and made for a great symphony in the mornings. Butterflies, spotted deer, swimming in the Bay of Bengal all made for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

While Ali, our wildlife guide, did a great job with the wildlife and rural culture, Faisal was just as knowledgeable about the variety of mosques and the Bangladeshi culture as we toured the mosques of Bagerhat.

All in all it was a great trip that I would recommend to anyone looking to get off the beaten path. Thank you to Nijhoom tours for a wonderful experience.

Date of experience: October 2018
2  Thank samg266
Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

Nijhoom tours runs a great operation, with everything promised provided and on time for my three dsys with them last week. My guide spoke exceptionally good english and was able to answer my many questions well