Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
3 days Sundarban excursion in private boat

This was the best excursion, met all our expectation and more. Well organized, plenty of support... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Virani123
Fabulous Old Capital Tour!

We chose to do the Old Capital Day Tour which was great from start to finish! Our guide Faisal was... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
carmelitaassuncao
Sydney, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Dhaka City
from $88.00
from $75.00
from $438.00
More Info
All reviews day tour rickshaw ride mr hasan wildlife guide paddle steamer wild boar spotted deer photo tour terrorist attack a unesco world heritage site narrow streets private tour an adventure feel unsafe outstanding tour tiger footprints boat ride on the river
Reviewed November 26, 2018

My trip with Nijhoom Tours in Bangladesh went great. I found Bangladesh to be a friendly, safe, and beautiful country. Our guides were attentive, organized, and knowledgeable. The whole trip exceeded my expectations.

Our tour started in Dhaka which can only be described as organised mayhem. Having a good guide in the city was absolutely the way to go. Faisal kept track of our group and was very well organized which allowed us to take in the sights of the city and truly enjoy our experience there. The people of Dhaka are friendly and courteous and I never once felt unsafe. But navigating Dhaka without a guide would be a challenge.

Once we left for the Sundarbans, Faisal did a great job adjusting plans when drivers went on strike. We all thought the impromptu rickshaw ride through the Bangladesh countryside was one of the highlights of the trip. Once we hit the river, the boat we stayed on was clean and crewed by a friendly and competent staff. The food was better than expected for sure.

The Sundarbans are amazing. The landscape is beautiful, particularly at sunrise and sunset. The birdlife was also surprising diverse, colorful and made for a great symphony in the mornings. Butterflies, spotted deer, swimming in the Bay of Bengal all made for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

While Ali, our wildlife guide, did a great job with the wildlife and rural culture, Faisal was just as knowledgeable about the variety of mosques and the Bangladeshi culture as we toured the mosques of Bagerhat.

All in all it was a great trip that I would recommend to anyone looking to get off the beaten path. Thank you to Nijhoom tours for a wonderful experience.

2  Thank samg266
Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

Nijhoom tours runs a great operation, with everything promised provided and on time for my three dsys with them last week. My guide spoke exceptionally good english and was able to answer my many questions well

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 24, 2018

I spent one day with Nijhoom Tours in Dhaka in October 2018. The tour was excellent. The driver and the guide were very helpful and shared lots of interesting information about Dhaka and Bangladesh. Contrary to what you can hear about Bangladesh and Dhaka the country is very safe but challenging for tourists due to high and dense population. However with Nijhoom Tours all was comfortable and well organized. Don't try to visit Dhaka on your own. You'll be exhausted with traffic, crowd and noise in first hour. Book Nijhoom instead. They'll drive you, ride you, walk you, boat you to all interesting places all around Dhaka. Pay attention to the people on the streets who are extremely friendly, helpful and curious of yourself. I've never met so many smiling unknowns ready to help at any time. I'll definitely come back to Bangladesh.

1  Thank mayasty
Reviewed November 23, 2018 via mobile

I flew into Dhaka city with only two nights booked at the hotel.
That afternoon I started deciding what and where I wanted to do and see.
Contacted Nijhoom tours and the quick response and what they had to offer was fantastic.
The drivers and guides were friendly and professional and had great knowledge of the country and sites I saw.
Old Dhaka city
Sundarbuns National Park
Tea plantations in the east
Archlogical sites in the north west
Had a great 3 1/2 weeks in Bangladesh

Reviewed November 16, 2018

We have recently completed a fascinating tour in Bangladesh. It was arranged by Nijhoom Tours and we cannot fault the organisation. All went extremely smoothly despite the vagaries of the Bangladesh transport system.

Our guide, Arafat, was excellent. He took meticulous care of us throughout and was hugely informative, taking us to some amazing places and making sure we experienced authentic Bangladesh. Our drivers, Liton and Mostek, were skilful and careful drivers at all times.

Our tour took us aboard the famous Rocket paddle steamer to the Sundarbans - a beautiful forested mangrove swamp area, teeming with wildlife. Our group of three travelled on a small but comfortable boat where the cook produced some memorable meals in a tiny galley. We had many interesting forays into smaller canals and rivers in silent rowing boats which made wildlife viewings very special.

From there we went by train back to Dhaka then on to the tea growing area, Srimangal. Another fascinating insight into life in this part of Bangladesh. We also did a small trek into the Lachawara National Park to spot gibbons. We were able to visit a tribal village to see how local people live.

Another huge highlight was our visit to Rangamati and Bandarban. This is a tribal tract area in the South East of Bangladesh. People had warned us about security in this area and, yes, there are police and military checks, but at no time did we feel anything but perfectly safe. Everywhere we were warmly welcomed and treated like royalty. We were invited into village homes and made to feel very special. We would actively encourage anyone who enjoys travel to visit Bangladesh and particularly this area.

We highly recommend Nijhoom Tours and would like to thank, once again, Hasan and Arafat, for enabling us to have such a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Southley