“Super Service... Great Ambience... Well Furnished Rooms”

Radisson Blu Dhaka Water Garden
Ranked #5 of 81 Hotels in Dhaka City
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Super Service... Great Ambience... Well Furnished Rooms”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I stayed at this Hotel last week, while on a busniess trip to Dhaka, Bangla Desh. True to their reputation, this property is good. Close proximity to the Airport. Sprawling lawns and very peaceful / quiet. Just what I was looking considering the hectic schedules. Quite resonably priced for the overall package. Extremely courteous and well meaning staff. Polite and helpfull. Good breakfast spread and quick room service. Room was very well furnished with all that you would look for while on a business tour. Fast Internet (wifi) and free at that !! I certainly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Room with Pool side view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Asad Z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Dhaka Water Garden, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such an inspiring review on Trip Advisor and sincerely hope you had a pleasant journey home.

We are delighted to know that your whole experience with us was magnificent. Your admiring comments regarding our convenient location with serene ambiance and luminous view along with our high speed Wifi, gourmet options and efficient room service could not have explained what we stand for in better way. Also our well trained staff will be thrilled and feel more encouraged to continue their “Yes I Can” attitude when we share your comments with them.

It is support and motivation like yours which allow us the opportunity to correct ourselves and go that extra mile to provide excellent service.

It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to enchanting you with more Radisson Blu hospitality in the near future.

Asad –Uz- Zaman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
Australia
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My 16th visit at this property was poor: Poor customer service, dirty linen and rooms that are poorly maintained is a sad reflection on what was my favorite hotel. The management appear disinterested and don't appear the support I have given this hotel The Westin will be my next stop with more new properties to come on line soon enables more choice to frequent visitors to Dhaka.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

6 Thank MightyCats1234
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor and for your continued patronage of Radisson Blu Water garden Hotel Dhaka.

We do apologize for not meeting your expectations and certainly appreciate the feedback. The information you provided is invaluable to the hotel Team in finding opportunities of not only to “Make it Right” but also for future improvement.

To “Make it Right” for you we will need a little more information about the incident (Your Name, Check in and Checkout date) and the person of interest, which we would appreciate if you email me directly at afom.dhaka@radisson.com. Constructive feedback from repeat guests such as yourself help us grow more and develop even more. This will help us “Make it Right” for you in future and the other guests in future.

Thank you for your loyal support for all these years and we look forward to have the privilege of serving you again in the future so we can “Make it Right” for you.

Paris, France
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I have been in this hotel for several years.
It was one of the 2 hotels well situated, nearby the airport.

The pick up cars / vans need to be replaced. They are quite old and dirty inside. The fare for the ride is not even included in the price.

The rooms are OK, but be careful to ask for the swimming pool view, not because of the view but for the noise.

The experience at the front desk depends on the staff. Sometimes they are great, unfortunately we can not count on it.

Quite disappointed by the new restaurant at the top floor. Wish to keep it a bit more European.
The buffet is not what I prefer because too much food and everyday is the same. The quality is so so.

Wish the level and the variety of the restaurants can be improved.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Lilia C
Dear Valued Guest

I am sincerely sorry to know that you did not enjoy your stay with us this time and had few hiccups during your stay.

I am also saddened to read that the pickup service was not satisfactory due to the vehicle condition. However, you will be glad to know we have recently added 3 new transportations to our airport transfer services. We thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

While we are on a track of sharing good news I would also like to enlighten you on the fact that our new Executive Chef has just joined us all the way from Italy, “Buon Appétito”. We highly recommend you to try our modified cuisine. We would be delighted if you allow us another chance to provide you our unparalleled level of service.

I personally believe the above modifications will contribute to making your next stay with us nothing short of a memorable one!

shanghai
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Great location for the airport and the British embassy but a bit of a hike to get into Central Dhaka The rooms are clean and well equipped. The pool is ok , not fantastic. The restaurant is again ok. If location is important choose the radi , if not then the westin is a better choice.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor and hope you had a pleasant journey home.

We are pleased to know that, you were pleased with your stay as a whole. Your admiring comments regarding our facilities such as location, cleanliness and amenities are much appreciated.

However, I could not overlook your average satisfaction regarding our pool and the restaurants. I would like to take this chance to share that our new Executive Chef has just arrived from Italy and hope his endeavors and novelty changes your mind next time. It is support and suggestions like yours which encourage us to make continuous improvements and go above and beyond to provide you with excellent service. I would sincerely appreciate it if you could spare some of your valuable time and email your suggestions directly to me at afom.dhaka@radisson.com.

We look forward to have another opportunity to serve you again in future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 15, 2014

The rooms are clean and comfortable. Both wired and wireless internet connection available in the room and no problem experienced with this. The staff are knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. The food in the brasserie is first class. Hotel is close to airport

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

2 Thank Robert Bob H
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read your positive comments and pleased that the hotel's facilities and service were well executed and convenient for you. Encouraging remarks like yours make our industry one of the most rewarding ones.

It was a pleasure serving you and we will look forward to captivate you with another dose of Radisson Blu hospitality in future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I spent five nights in this Hotel, in general the hotel is maximum 4 stars or less, but never 5 stars.
Furniture is old and outdated, standard rooms are not spacious, Food in general is overpriced and not quality, once I ordered a steak and it was like rubber, you can throw it on the wall and it will come to you back. Breakfast buffet is medium.
I reserved this hotel and they gave me the charge of 310 USD per night ++, which is reaching 392.5USD because they add 26.5% charges, when I checked out, and I was paying in Takkas which is their local currency , and it was on board on the reception counter that 1USD is 76.5 takkas, I was surprised that they charged me per room per night 32548.45 Takkas which by applying the announced price, (76.5 Takka for 1USD), it will be USD 425.46, AND WHEN I ASKED WHY, THEY TOLD ME THEY APPLIED ANOTHER RATE NOT ANNOUNCED ANY WHERE WHHICH IS 83 TAKKAS FOR 1 USD, TO JUSTIFY THE ROOM RATE TO COME TO 392.5USD, AND HENCE THEY SHEATED ME IN ABOUT 33USD PER NIGHT, WHICH MAKES ABOUT 165USD FOR 5 NIGHTS.
Their front desk reception called Monir is very impolite person letting me to talk and not responding, working on his computer, as if I am not talking to him , he refused to call his GM , refused to give me what proves they applied the charge of 83Takkas per 1USD which proves that this is not official price but black market which is against the law.
I will never come back to this Hotel again, as it is my first and last time, I tried Regency before and it is much more better than this hotel and half the price and rooms are more developed with updated furniture and more spacious, the only negative thing about it which made me try this Radisson, is the location which is on street main road.

3 Thank Amir65869
Asad Z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Dhaka Water Garden, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It is very upsetting to know that your experience was not as perfect as it should have been. We do apologize for not meeting your expectations and certainly appreciate the feedback.
It is truly disappointing to read some of your comments as they come along with many very positive reviews from our other guests. Our room floor space is already in line with Radisson Blu brand standards.

However our furnitures have not been changed since the opening of our hotel but we are working towards to renovating our rooms so that valued guests such as yourself decide to return to us in future. Regarding your food experience we sincerely apologize for that and would be thankful if you could provide us more details such as the name of the outlet, day and person of interest so that we can take certain steps (If necessary).

With regard to your concern about conversion rate we would like to clarify that like any other hotel we too do not hide our room charge conversion rate. If you kindly go through your booking confirmation letter you will notice , it states that “The room rate of the hotel is quoted in USD. However, the actual invoice will be generated in BDT (Bangladesh Local Currency) which is calculated on the DAILY ROOM CHARGE CONVERSION RATE OF HOTEL”. The reception counter rate is for the guest to provide currency exchange services only.

Your disagreement with one of our staff is very unusual unfortunate as we take pride in our “Yes I Can” attitude. We are currently looking into the matter and assured you that required steps and training will be arranged if necessary.

If you have any other query please feel free to contact me directly at afom.dhaka@radisson.com. Meanwhile, I will certainly share your comments with the concerned people.

We always honor our guest’s wishes therefore if you like to choose a local 4 star brand over international 5 star brand, we do respect your decision.

Thank you for your valuable time and for having a firm grasp on reality.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Very close to the airport. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Very nice property with lots of greenery. I walked round the property, since I had gone there for a business lunch. It was very well maintained and probably next time I go to Dhaka, will stay there. The only issue is the distance from the hotel to the City.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rajeev K
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post an inspiring review of Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel Dhaka on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to know that you were able to enjoy our well-thought out location and delighted that the hotel's facilities and service could satisfy your business needs. I shall certainly share your encouraging comments with the team.

Radisson Blu Water Garden Dhaka is strategically located between the airport and city centre (Gulshan and Banani). It is only 3 to 5 minutes away from our hotel although due to heavy traffic it sometimes seems the city centre far away from Gulshan and Banani.

It was a pleasure serving you and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.