“another enjoyable stay”

Radisson Blu Dhaka Water Garden
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Dhaka City
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here this week for a few nights. A good business hotel--- efficient, covers all the bases, good restaurant, good checkin/out, decent rooms, nice breakfast buffet. However, there isn't a natural flow, nor the same 'buzz' as at the Westin. At least there are rooms available at the Radisson... unlike at the overcrowded Westin.... and if your meetings are closer to the airport, the Radisson is the best option being 10 min from the airport. I'll surely stay here again... very good/functional hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Asad Z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Dhaka Water Garden, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the generous review of Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel Dhaka, we are delighted that our service and facilities made your experience a positive one. It is nothing less of an accolade to have our valued guests returns to our hotel, in spite of having other options to pick from.

Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel is the largest hotel in Dhaka, sprawled across seven acres of finely refined, lush gardens and water features, comprising 204 hotel rooms and suites. We like to believe our distinct location away from the city, yet close to the airport, gives us that extra added edge over our competitors squeezed in, in the hustle and bustle of the city. Our guests’ safety is of utmost concern to us due to which we take supreme security measures, screening random outsiders, and this may be the reason you did not feel the “buzz”.

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our service and offerings. I assure you that we will continue to make improvements to meet and exceed our valued guests’ expectations. I look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Dhaka Water Garden

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The best international franchise hotel in Dhaka! Staff are courteous whilst the food at the various restaurants are exceptional. However as with all other hotels in the city, it is considerably overpriced!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank crazy_k_2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It is truly heartening to receive your generous comments about Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel Dhaka. Your appreciation of our staff will be conveyed to them and I will personally share your kind comments with our F&B team. It is always uplifting to know that our continuous efforts in providing the best of dining experiences to our guests are cherished. May I please mention that our pricing structure is in fact one of the most competitive compared with other contemporaries in town.

It was a pleasure to have served you and my team and I look forward to wowing you with more Radisson Blu hospitality in the near future!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Located close to the main airport, this hotel warmly welcomes guests with friendly and attentive service. As the traffic ranks amongst the most chaotic, it is reassuring the have this close to the airport.

Rooms were well appointed and comfortable, well sound-proofed also ensured a good rest after a busy day of meetings and appointments.Views are nothing to rave about but not much time is spent in the rooms anyway.

However, the bathroom had an awful smell of 'damp linen' and this was due to the shower curtain being soaked with water. I think the material has to be changed or the curtain simply discarded. Sink also took a while to drain water away.
Also, it is quite expensive considering the city and location ... disappointing on this note.

Room Tip: High floor facing away from main road. I was in 403 as this was fine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback from your recent stay at Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel Dhaka. I am glad you were able to enjoy our well-thought out location and that you were able to find solace in our plush room after your busy schedule. I recommend you book a room on our east wing on your next stay as the bird’s eye view of our pristine, sparkling pool amidst all the greenery will certainly be a treat for your eyes. Your comment about the shower curtain has been passed on to the HK Department and they have changed it. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had but valuable feedback like yours helps us in our tireless drive for improvement.

Our pricing is in line with other five star hotels in town and our valued guests may please be informed that prices vary based on seasonal demand. Thank you for your kind comments which have already been shared with the team. Our premium staff service is one of the primary reasons that guests choose our property over other hotels in Dhaka.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had a five days workshop at Business Center at Radisson. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. The foods were tasty especially the desserts. It cost more if you select separate menu for workshop. So we took the buffet lunch throughout the workshop.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on your recent experience with us. Our staffs are trained to ensure that our prized guests feel at home, I shall indeed convey your encouraging comments to them. I am delighted to know you savored our scrumptious food offerings and indulged in our luscious desserts. Our buffet is arguably the best in town and it’s lovely to hear you appreciated it. I do hope your workshop went well too!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I've been staying here 11 months on and off for 6 week stays. The service is good and the staff are very friendly and always willing to help. The two worst things are the early morning wake up calls at 4.30 AM due to a loudspeaker calling to prayer five times a day and the nearby railway line which runs all hours and the trains sound their horns as they pass the hotel. The pool area is nice except for the lack of sunbeds most of which are old and broken. The restaurants and Spa are all very good. Overall very pricey for what you get compared to other cities, but only 3 good hotels in Dhaka until later in 2014 when 4 new ones open.

• Stayed: April 2014

From the Desk of General Manager, Christoph Voegeli

Dear Mr. Paul,

Thank you for your loyal patronage and for taking the time to kindly share a note regarding your stay with us.

However, I am a little confused by your comments as some of them are contradictory to your previous raving review in December 2013, if you could kindly recall. I was delighted to hear of your compliments which came along with several other glowing guest compliments.

We sincerely appreciate your acknowledgement of our staff service. Encouraging comments like these about our staff attitude & demeanor makes our industry one of the most rewarding and it will indeed be a pleasure to share your kind comments with the team. I trust you are aware that the entire Radisson Blu team is here to make “Your stay your way” and to ensure you feel at home.

We hope you will understand that it is beyond our authority to change Dhaka’s infrastructure (rail way adjacent to the hotel land) and also the Muslim custom of call for prayers 5 times a day.
However, your invaluable loyalty towards us compelled us to peruse the matter & re-check our double glazed windows (energy preserving and sound reducing) in an attempt to search for any scope of improvement. We are currently investigating this.

Thank you for letting me know that our pool sun chairs were not sufficient and as a direct step, you will be pleased to know we have ordered a whole new set of comfy, lush sun beds to ensure our guests are able to bask by the pool in utmost comfort & luxury.

Lastly, I was indeed surprised to read your comment about the pricing of our rooms which, I assure, is on par with other leading hotels in Dhaka. This is particularly a startling comment, coming from a distinguished Revenue Management Expert such as yourself, considering the fact that airline and hotels businesses are quite similar in that aspect.

Having said that, dear Paul, we remain here to make your stay as productive and enjoyable as possible. Please do not hesitate to call me or to pop into my room should there be anything you need us to change or improve.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have visited this hotel in the month of Feb 14. This is a nice hotel, strategically located just before the Dhaka traffic will catch you. But it is a very costly hotel in the city. Some time you are not able to justify the room charges. Not value for money. Apart from cost evry thing is good at this hotel. Staffs are very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DrAmresh
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel may be more than 50 times. Every single time I enter the hotel. Staff welcomes me by name and is extremely helpful. Front desk manager Mr. Moni is excellent and will try to bend backwards to help customers out. Their restaurant staff at Brasserie is extremely welcoming take care of customers extremely well. I can not even think about staying anywhere else when in Dhaka. It is a home away home. Ismail.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar. Swimming pool view can be refreshing.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Asad Z, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Dhaka Water Garden, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review on TA. It is a sheer delight and of utmost pride to us that you consider our hotel as “home away from home.” Beaming comments such as yours highlights what makes Radisson Blu Water Garden Hotel Dhaka such a memorable place to stay in. It is great to hear that our Front Desk team goes above and beyond their normal job to assist our guests. I have personally conveyed your kind comments to Mr. Moni as well as the team.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back many more times!