“Awsome :)”
Review of Tropical Daisy

Ranked #3 of 73 Dhaka City B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was on the business trip . Stayed near about 40 days . Loved to stay in this hotel .. Very pretty hotel. Very clean. Value for money ... The rooms are excellent and the service is great.
The rooms are spacious, well furnished and though, especially when one needs also to work from the room. The internet connection is very fast and allows to connect several devices.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sumit k

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed at Tropical Daisy for 5 nights. Although I was disappointed that I didn't get the Autograph room I booked and paid for months before, the 6th floor room was good, comfortable, clean. But constant honking traffic noise and nearby 5am mosque 'alarm call' will affect your sleep. Had one lunch, one evening meal, and both very good.
Very difficult at the moment for the hotel to help with organising tours, though they did recommend the Rocket Steamboat trip to Kulna, gateway to Sundarban. Unfortunately, political strikes (hartals) on alternate days meant I couldn't do the boat trip.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the road and as high as possible!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
t_daisy, Owner at Tropical Daisy, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad that you liked your stay with us and would be delighted to welcome you back.

We are sorry that we could not give you a room of your choice as the hotel was exceptionally fully booked and on your next stay we will make sure that you receive a better room.

We are also very happy to let you know that, we have started operation of our roof-top restaurant with authentic Bangladeshi home-cooked cuisine.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Being in Bangladesh for 2 weeks on a road safety voluntering project, we tried several budget accomodations in Dhaka and decided that if we (ever :) ) go back, this is the place where we will return to. The rooms are really good value for money, clean, big, tv, hot shower and bath tub, fresh towels/linnen, good food and nice and helpful staff. Laundry service is a bit expensive, but you get every piece of cloth back as if you just bought it in the shop! The place is situated near Banana lake, very quiet during the night and the city centre is easily reached by CNG (if you dare...). The great 'Oh Calcutta' restaurant is just next door as are other good restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ingriddutchie
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We made plans to have the hotel pick us up from the airport and they did not show up. We made our way there by taxi and it was difficult because nobody seems to know where this address is. Anyways, I was expecting a newer hotel since it was advertised as new. I think they newly opened but the building is old. The lobby was pretty shabby and the room we stayed in was run down as well. We did not get any hot water the first night. The second night, we got boiling water and no cold or warm water. The beds were very hard and the food was less than mediocre.

The A/C worked really well and the people were quite friendly. It's not that this place was bad. For the amount of money, it is ok for Dhaka. I was just expecting a better product from their pictures.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank btravel17
t_daisy, Owner at Tropical Daisy, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We understand that you booked and stayed with us between the dates of Nov-9 and Nov-11. We are quite disappointed to know that you were not happy with your stay. But please let me point out a few facts to make your stay more enjoyable in case if you would stay with us again.

1. You booked a cheaper "super deluxe" room with us instead of an "autograph collection" room which is why you did not receive the same aesthetically beautiful room as you had seen on the website. Please try to book an "autograph collection" room the next time you visit us.

2. The room that you stayed in did have some problems in hot water supply which has now been fixed. If you have any such problems, please always call zero at the reception and we would be more than happy to change your room for the rest of your stay.

We from the Tropical Daisy team hope that you would be coming back in order for us to prove to you that "we" as a Hotel always listen to our guests and your thoughts and reviews are the most important factors in managing our organisation.

Best Regards

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Excellent location, very clean, very secure, hotel staff is warm, they speak good English, the food is ok, not a lot of variety though, infact the hotel manager was very helpful in guiding me with some info on my business as well, I very much liked that.

I am staying here when I come again.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank ratnmani
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is an optimum balance between economy and luxuriousness!

Room is well decorated, location is superb just beside Banani Lake. Food quality is very good as well within reach for middle class. Service persons are very polite and well mannered.

But the only thing i disliked about them is, if you order food, this will be never on time, which is very annoying. By this time you'll have no appetite for food!

Otherwise, this hotel is very good!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Rusafie
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very nice views from most of the rooms (ask for a room on a high floor). The rooms have an interesting décor, but are clean and comfortable. On my first stay, despite booking an “Autograph” room, I was given a normal room and told me it was an “Autograph” room. A few minutes later, someone came to my room and told me I had been upgraded (back to the style of room I booked and paid for!). This was the only bizarre going on, however.

The wifi is reasonable fast, and there is a good choice of international TV channels. Breakfast is included and served in your room for no extra charge, along with a large bottle of water and English paper. It’s a shame there is no furniture on the balcony, and the balcony door are plain wood with industrial looking bolts on them. The staff speak reasonable English, and are very friendly and helpful. The location is pretty good, mid-way (about 5 mins walk) between the centre of Banani and Gulshan. The water pressure in the shower is good, and the water is hot. There is no sink plug.

One annoyance was that they folded the bathroom floor mat and towel everyday and neatly folded them…on the bed. Please, leave them in the bathroom where they belong!

I'll be staying here on my next trip to Dhaka.

Room Tip: Get a lake view room on floor 4 and up (2 and 3 have bars across the balcony, which isn't very n...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo