“As authentic Korean cuisine as it could be!”
Review of Koreana Restaurant

Koreana Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 602 Restaurants in Dhaka City
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open 11 am - 11 pm
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We just paid a visit last week and would never regret it. In fact, we plan to visit again. It was an FnF visit. the decoration and staff are very pleasant. Menu is rich enough and as authentic Korean as it could be in Bangladesh. We took Chicken, Vegetable and Bamboo Soot soup and steamed pork dumpling as our starter and the great Korean BBQ followed on. We took Beef Bulgogi and seafood. Along came the complimentary side dishes: kimchi, steamed veg., bean sprout, cucumber in garlic and chilli sauce and something that tasted like green papaya in chilli sauce. We sat a bit closer to the kitchen so could watch all the food passing by so could take a view on the available dishes. So, all these foods together with Soju and Heiniken beer is just complete satisfaction. But warning for the pure Bangali Taste Bud possessors: if you're one of them, then this awesome restaurant is not for you. Even if you decide to go there, stick to common fried rice and chicken fry type stuff. for me: I would go there the next chance I get.
Cost? for 4 of us, it costed us 5500 BDT plus excluding drinks. For that add an extra 3000 BDT plus.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The interior looks great and some tables have BBQ grills as would expect in a traditional Korean restaurant. The tofu and kimchi dish has also some beef in it but it was an excellent choice. The Korean noodle I tried was a little disappointing, but the overall impression was good particularly considering this is in Dhaka. They serve small dishes. If you like Kimchi, it is great. For three people with three main and two side dishes in addition to the small dishes, we spent EUR12 per person. I hope to try the BBQ next time, although the price was a bit more expensive.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is closest Korean food you will get in Dhaka.
They have a special room where you can get the real Korean favor, where they will prepare the food on your table and with Korean style sitting arrangement.
Their Sea food is special so is their beef.
But the food is a bit pricy but overall an excellent choice if you are looking for a different flavor for your platter.
And also I would not recommend this for family visit as its quite hustling.

Overall a 5 star experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Imagine a Korean resturant in Dhaka!! At first i was skeptical, but the foos quality was great and compared to some of the best Korean resturants i have been too in other places.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have tried Korean food many times in different restaurants in Bangladesh and Korea. Food in Koreana restaurant are sumptuous and authentic. I went to this restaurant many times, foods are indeed delicious. Few years back one of my Korean business partner took me to this restaurant, first time I was a bit hesitant but once tasted me became fan of Korean foods. This is one of the best Korean restaurant in Dhaka that I always rank on my first choice. It has many variety of recipes: Kimchi which is comprised of pickled cucumbers, radishes and sprouts salad comes complimentary – it is luscious. My other favorite items include Bulgogi - a stir fried marinated beef, Pancake, Beef & Vegetable bean soup, Korean style Sushi Roll, stir fried Noodles, Galbi, Tofu Stew etc. I haven’t seen much Bangladeshis visiting the Koreana probably for the reason that Korean foods are still unfamiliar in this country. Mostly the Koreans who live in Dhaka are the regular customers here. A great place for Korean taste.