Stayed here for one night on business. The Ascott is an international serviced residence brand from Singapore and they are branded mid-high range. Therefore, I certainly was not expecting the very basic set-up of the room. Clean and well-kept, but very basic.
The room layout is what you would expect of a serviced apartment, with a small dry kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom. I was on the 2nd floor so the sound of traffic and people walking about went on quite late into the night.
The bed was also hard and the bedsheets were basic. Safe to say, I did not have the best sleep.
I did not have time to eat breakfast at the hotel.
Everybody in Bangladesh is very friendly and helpful so it was nice to know that the hotel kept to this standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ascott the Residence Dhaka, a luxurious 4 star standard business hotel in Baridhara Diplomatic Zone of Dhaka City established in 2010, with 55 spacious and plush rooms and suites. All guest rooms are elegant and contemporary in design, complete with all the latest amenities and facilities. The brand new guest rooms are uniquely planned with expressive interior, advanced technology specifications and comfortable accommodations, which escape the ordinary, and most important of all, delight your senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ascott The Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascott The Residence Hotel Dhaka City
- Ascott The Residence Dhaka Division, Bangladesh