“Good location and service”
Review of Platinum Suites

Platinum Suites
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Dhaka City
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a day few months back and I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room and the helpful staff. The hotel is not comparable to Weston and Radisson but better than the othe options...

The best part is the location, it's at Road 11 in Banani, the food street of new Dhaka.Its also very close to Gulshan business district.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank imtiaz82

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed there twice & both times had a amazing experience. The phrase "Home away from Home" describes it in the best way. Suites are cozy & will be available in all sizes, depending upon your requirement. On my first visit I booked a Large Suite but got upgraded to Theme Suite, that too in their best one (Muslin Suite, 4th Floor).
The only issue is the food & the smell in the restaurant. They could do better with some good ventilation in the ground floor restaurant. Food is strictly of average quality, judging by the standard of the hotel and even the menu is pretty small. Be prepared to eat outside sometimes.
All in all, a good business hotel in the main business district of the city. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Choose 4th floor rooms if you are a smoker. The theme suites have bathrooms larger than any resident...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sumit_bose
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 15 days and it was wonderful experience. Staff is very cooperative and with the good sence of hospitality.
Most important is location where you can find every thing grocery stores, pharmacy , bakery and very near to gulshan business hub.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank imsindhu
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is my first visit to Dhaka and stayed at Platinum Suites from reading the reviews. I made my reservation directly and when I arrived at the airport a representative from the hotel received me and processed my visa. All I had to do was wait. He also waited for my bags with me and got the transport for the hotel ready right the moment we got my bags. The hotel is small but very clean. I got a small suite which offers a nice setting for my stay and doing business. Breakfast although not superior is good. The coffee shop is excellent and the coffee is great. The restaurant at the roof top is good although is not open every night, depending on the rain. I think the fact that I am here during Ramadan has something to do with it as well. Internet connection is as good as you can get in Dhaka. All the staff is very friendly and the reservations team is very flexible and attentive to my needs. I am coming to the end of my 21-day stay and I plan to stay here during my next trip in about three weeks. I recommend the hotel to any business traveler looking for excellent service at a good price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank GarciaSA
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Recommend this hotel for longer stays in Dhaka, clean, comfortable & very friendly staff. Well located in Dhaka & will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Choose room at back of hotel if you can to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Juliana Y
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Food is good, good service, Price could be less. It is located in a good place, At Banani 11 no road.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank dipu0050
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Arrived Dhaka on 15 June 2012 and Departed on 19 June 2012

Back in Platinum Suites Hotel, Dhaka Bangladesh made me feel at home away from home.

Most staff is still there since my 1st visit to this hotel. And most of them still recognise me although some may not be remembering my name - I didn’t expect they will remember my name anyway…

I must say that the standard of service is maintained at a very high level. SMILE is one of their key to providing excellent service.

Again, the excellent service has started from the moment I step out from the airport (the airport pick-up) until I enter the departure hall of the airport.

I must also say that… the ventilation of the restaurant MUST BE IMPROVED… hehe …

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business