All reviews complimentary pick up from the airport water pressure excellent hotel recommend this hotel room rate enjoyed my stay star hotel swimming pool islam bath toilet gym dhaka business foods amenities traffic
Selected filters
Reviewed February 22, 2019

My family and I traveled from Texas, USA to Bangladesh and found this very nice hotel in a very good and vibrant location. The hotel rooms were really spacious and the staff were really welcoming, accommodating and generous. The rooms contained all the latest amenities and even contained Jacuzzi's. They were well maintained and kept up to date with the much more expensive hotels. The gym and the swimming pool was nice and had many different equipment to choose from. The spa was great and it is run by a thai company. The restaurant was excellent and there were a lot of different cuisines on the buffet and assortments of dessert. They were freshly made and delicious to taste. We even got the tour of the kitchen and it was very clean and spotless. The management was great and took care of us really well. They made sure our needs were dearly met and provided with everything we asked for. All in all it was a great experience and we will back for more.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2019

Pleasant and helpful staff. Clean and spacious room. The property is full of amenities but some are not free. The food is excellent. The complimentary pick up from the airport is perfect. The return journey is chargeable at 1500. I enjoyed my stay here. The only challenge faced by the hotel is the ignorant smokers that are smoking in non smoking rooms. Although the hotel provides smoking rooms at the end of the corridors on all floors, they still selfishly smoke in the rooms. I discussed with the management and they have agreed to put smoke alarms in the rooms to deter smoking.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2019

I booked this hotel based on overall Trip Advisor reviews. Overall, I was very happy. The hotel is located in an alley - at first I was a bit worried but the hotel is relatively new and the rooms were large. The bad news is (1) I asked for quiet room and they put me facing the freeway; traffic noise is horrendous in Dhaka - horns honking constantly; (2) instant coffee at breakfast; and (3) we had a driver for six hours and both I and the front desk clerk told him the order in which I wanted to see things - it was in writing! Yet, he said "don't worry" and did his own version; with a result of wasting 3.5 hours (going 2 miles per hour in horrible traffic) of a 6 hour trip!

The very good news is that they have a buffet dinner that was excellent. The breakfast was even better - except for instant coffee! I have been overseas 200+ times. I really like french toast. 50% of the reason I booked this hotel is that another Trip Advisor reviewer mentioned the good french toast. This french toast was 99% as good as the best french toast I ever had! That good!

the beds are fairly firm, not as much as many other Asian hotels - more like standard quality at American hotels. The bath has a full shower curtain. Hot water is excellent as is the internet and air conditioning. The toilet flushes really slowly, it seemed that we had to hold the button down to get full water pressure to flush.

Thus, I recommend this hotel. However, if you want a quiet room, look out your window before you unpack. If you see the street/freeway, get another room.There is even honking horns at 4 a.m. It is one hour from the international airport.

P.S. when you go back to the airport, the lines are horrendous. It seems they have only two entrances and your bags have to go through screening just inside the front doors. Have your taxi leave you off at the head of the line. A gentleman in a uniform with epaulets saying something like "baggage service" will find you and ask if you would like to go the head of the line. The cost is $5 per person - it save us a hour-long wait and much anxiety!!!!!! Also, if you need to get rid of their money, between the two entrances there is a convenience store and a bakery, in the same space and very reasonable.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2019

We found the Sky City Hotel Dhaka when our previously booked hotel proved to be next to an election center (and therefore too noisy). Everyone at the hotel was wonderful, accommodated us immediately and made us feel very welcome. We met the director of the hotel while eating at the rooftop restaurant (excellent BBQ buffet by the way!) who not only introduced us to his family but also gave us some wonderful pointers on restaurants in London! We ended up returning to the hotel 3 more times during our stay in Bangladesh!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marios F
Reviewed January 2, 2019

I have traveled much of the world – for business and just as a traveler -- and by now I have made five visits to Dhaka in seven years, a wild impossible city that I love very much (I am an American from much quieter, and, these political days, much less congenial Washington DC). This fifth visit I thought I would stay in Dhaka maybe ten days or two weeks, but I found the Sky City Hotel such a fine and welcoming home, that I stayed for more than a month, and in fact overstayed my visa and had to pay a hefty fine (don’t believe people who say the fine is only a few dollars). It was worth it . This fresh very new medium-sized hotel is lovely, with a beautiful dining room with elegant lighting, huge modern windows, and a fine head chef (he worked at the Sheraton and gets international cuisine right ). Without exception the staff is welcoming, helpful, professional. The rooms are very nice and bigger than in the also good and slightly more expensive Fars Hotel, with a splendid bathroom furnished with high quality fixtures and a shower that beats the water pressure and hot water of most hotels in the United States. The hotel gym, a commercial gym with members who are lawyers, business people, and some spoiled rich kids and a few semi-serious lifters, is a terrific very clean gym – and there is a small indoor pool. The hotel manager seems to have a talent for hiring people who do great jobs – he must treat them pretty well, for they seem happy. It is good to have happy people working around you. The hotel owner Mr. Islam in fact spends much time at the hotel, talking to people (me among them) on the nice sofas in the lobby, asking questions giving good advice, and watching over his domain to make sure things run well. Many people decide to stay in the Gulshan region of Dhaka, the “rich” leafier part of town where the embassies are. I have done that only once, and I prefer the intense “older” rougher (but NEVER one bit dangerous) part of Dhaka around the Sky City. (I found the Gulshan experience nice, but a bit pale in comparison). The Sky City is right off one of the major and most intense city roads (with usual wild traffic and hoards of street vendors) but on a small much quieter road just down a side block. The immaculately clean rooms at night are quiet, and even quiet during the day, the air conditioning almost silent. and efficient. Ask for a few more hangers for the closet and they will appear in minutes. I recommend this hotel without reservation. And I definitely recommend Dhaka too, for the somewhat intrepid traveler who is not afraid of being overwhelmed by – to me – the most intensely teeming city on the planet (way more than New York, Calcutta, Shanghai, or Tokyo ). The people there are as welcoming and kind as any I have met on the planet. No Dhaka is not the South of France, but keep the South of France for next year, or the year after that.

Room tip: On 7th floor (top) you may hear noise at times from the rooftop barbecure.
Date of stay: November 2018