See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2017

Hotel Victory is a good price room, clean and close to Old Dhaka. I always recommended staying in the hotel who are traveling in Bangladesh. Their Service is very good and friendly. It's a three-star hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank pathfriendbd
Reviewed March 12, 2017

I stayed at Hotel Victory for a couple days, and found it pretty decent for the price, though nothing especially amazing. The public areas are nicely appointed, but the halls with the rooms, and the rooms themselves, are quite plain. The traffic noise was ok but not especially quieted by the windows, and that may have been only because I was in a back room, not facing the main street which would probably be louder. Breakfast was decent but I wish the hours for it ran a little later. Overall, there's nothing specific to complain about, the place is pretty solid and not expensive. But you won't be impressed or anything either.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank DVAllen
Reviewed September 11, 2016

This was my first visit to Dhaka. I was travelling with one of my friend , who earlier had stayed few times in this hotel during his business trips. It took longer to reach the hotel from airport than my flying time from Kolkata to Dhaka :-) . It took almost 1.30 min due to notorious Dhaka traffic.Located right on main road and next to Opposition Political Party main office. Many eateries and markets located in and around the hotel.
I was told during check in rooms are getting renovated and was provided with one of the renovated room. Single room provided consisted of Flat screen TV with cable connectivity ,a small refrigerator and a chair. I personally felt room was overpriced. Room and Toilet was clean and spacious. Water Pressure was good with Hot and cold water available for shower. Quality of Towels provided was not of very good quality.
A bottle of water was provided only on day one. Room Price included complimentary breakfast. I liked the Breakfast and was impressed with Freshly prepared Juices being served. Breakfast consisted mainly local food and spread consisted around 10+ dishes.
Rooms didn't have safety boxes but was provided with a locker at reception area. Wi Fi was very pathetic ,only worked on day 1 was not able to connect on second day , inspite of making complain it was never fixed.Other than few cons I would say , I have pleasant two night stay and could recommend to others.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Raja02
Reviewed June 6, 2016

At first, I only booked one room for myself, the rate was pretty decent, and since it was exactly where I needed to be, so it was a no-brainer...
My colleagues later decided that they need to come along (where they'd share a room), so we added another room, which was nearly twice the first room?!?! Suddenly I feel liked I was being scammed...
but since I didn't have time to bother, so...

we arrived extremely late... 1:30am... the concierge took an extremely long time to have us filled our form, scan our documents and make us pay upfront... after we finally got into our room... when we're all getting ready for bed, they decide to knock on our doors... 3 times!!! once to see if our A/C is on, once to bring me water, once to bring me a fruit plate (1 banana). Obviously they want tips! I complained about it, next morning, I got a note, saying I should've placed the Do Not Disturb sign on the door...

For the price I paid for my room, breakfast was fair... eggs and 4 or 5 hot items.

My 2 colleagues checked out at 10am the following morning, but my flight was late (and with my extremely late arrival), I thought I could get a late check-out (a common courtesy now given by many hotels), but nope, not here, punctual check out time is a must! After I paid half a day for my late check-out, I was running late, I called back and they wouldn't even give me an extra hour (they say I will be charge full day if I come back late)

Room-wise... dated and simple furniture, expected for the price I paid, my shower curtain and rod needs replacing, my room (most rooms by my observation) faces the wall of another building, literally within reach separated by your A/C units... which is not necessary a bad thing considering the tremendous road noise just outside

Staff-wise... they are properly mannered if you ask simple questions... any extra request (even if they are little ones) it's a hard "no"...

Room tip: room maybe quieter if the room numbers are higher
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2016

We stayed in Hotel Victory 3 times, whenever we returned to Dhaka in our tour of Bangladesh.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, even when we arrived at 2 am! Also, they arranged late checkout for us.
The breakfast buffet is amazing, with a great choice. There is even more at the dinner buffet!
The rooms are big, with comfortable beds. The hotel is an oasis in the hurly-burly of downtown Dhaka. The hotel is modern, and the rooms and public areas are in very good condirion.
The Wi-Fi was free, not charged as in the hotel description.

Date of stay: December 2015