“Royal Park Residence”

Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Dhaka City
London, United Kingdom
“Royal Park Residence”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a small hotel in the quiet Banani area of Dhaka relatively close to the airport, and is run by Sri Lankan management. There is a courtesy car to and from the airport and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful with no suggestion of wnating frequent tipping. The room have electronic safes, DVD players and free wi-fi, and there is the option to be able to open windows and turn off the air-conditioning. I throroughly enjoyed my recent 4 days there on a business visit and would willingly stay there again as, clearly, others were whilst I was there.

Room Tip: I stayed in 202 but I think all rooms are similar.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Richard D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed in room 109 for three nights and was entirely happy with my stay. My room was fairly spacious, with a little balcony, a surprisingly comfortable bed, good aircon, and a good pressure shower. Everything was extremely clean, and the decor simple. Free wifi in the room was a great bonus for me.

The included buffet breakfast was varied and of high quality, and similarly the dinner options were fine. The swimming pool and gym looked good; I was sorry I didn't get time to use them. And my colleague said the roof terrace was the perfect spot for a sunset (non-alcoholic) drink. The location is about 20 minutes from the airport (free transfer) and a residential street - despite not being exactly in the centre, this is a decent location that worked well for me - Dhaka's not really a strolling in the city center kind of place...

The friendliness and helpfulness of all of the staff was my favourite thing about this hotel. It may not be the fanciest hotel in Dhaka, but it does the job.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank ms_scotsgirl
Stony Brook, New York
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed Royal Park Last Month. It was my first stay at Royal park. I have been there business purpose one of my friend recommend me to this hotel. What i have found there is totally feel like home. The service was quite personalized environment is calm and quite. When i back from my office i feel like i am at home. The stuffs are friendly they helped me for my ticketing as well as transportation. Royal Park is quite different hotel from other hotel in town. Beside this they have a good food with different buffet theme night with international standard. But truly Royal Park is just feel like home to me.

Room Tip: Superior Room with balcony at upstairs is nice. Srilankan Buffet dinner is quite testy with spicy.
1 Thank Stephen A
LA
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Wost place to stay! My friend and I chose the hotel cause of the ratings and comments on this site but DON’T trust any of the good comments. I just returned in May 2012 and the rooms are very old, very little and extremely smelly! If you’re cluster phobic and sensitive to smell, you wouldn’t be able to stand 10 minutes in the room! The electricity cuts out many times and the staffs are only nice when they are benefiting (e.g. when you tip them or/and when you’re staying for a long time). When we decided to check out after the second day into another hotel they refused to arrange a hotel car or taxi for us to the new place (although we were willing to pay their overpriced hotel taxi charge) and lied to us that all of their hotel cars were unavailable, even though we saw 4 parked outside! No one helped us with the luggage when we checked out, we had 3 pieces of luggage and we were both women and we had to carry the luggage down the flight of stairs ourselves and they were just watching. We motioned for help but they just watched since we are checking out so we’re not their guests anymore. Lastly, they deliberately gave us wrong change! We paid in USD but they returned us in Taka (their local currency) and didn’t give us enough change! It is the worst place and service I’ve ever stayed at. It’s overpriced and the staffs are liars. Don’t trust the previous comments since I think their staffs wrote them. Please look at all the comments and don’t make the same mistake like us.

Room Tip: All the rooms smell of bad odour!
3 Thank HonestexperienceLa
Delhi
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The best things for foreigners is that this hotel provides variety of good quality India, Sri Lankan, Chinese and other international food. I particularly enjoyed Sri Lankan corner during my breakfasts.
Good on service and cleanliness and curteous staff.

They have also started a good environmental campaign, in which you are asked to leave a message daily, if you want your bed sheets and towels changed or not. I chose not to do so saily, to save water and energy. Would recommends others also to adopt to it!

A word of caution - They quote prices in Dollars, but you have to settle the bills in Taka. Normally, they would convert Taka into Dollar at 3 to 4% higher rate than the Banks. Also, there is tax component of 15% VAT + 10% other tax on the quoted rates.

Have a nice stay!

1 Thank Musafir_Delhite
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The hotel is located in residential bloc. I though it may be a service apartment. But to my surprice, it's a lovel hotel(i would rate 4 stars) with excellent qulaity of service and food.

The hotel is located in Banani. once of the posh locality of Dhaka. This hotel mostly used by foreign travellers. There were hardly local guests during my stay,

Its near to Dhaka's posh localitis Gulshan and Bannidhara, which are also most preferred haging out zones in Dhaka. (all good restaurenst and shopping centers are in these 3 localities.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nikhar
Worthing UK
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The quality of service was outstanding and every effort was made to make us feel welcome and to help us with travel arrangements, meals etc. The room was comfortable and the food was good - the Sri Lankan buffet was good value and interesting. This hotel has had some mixed reviews but I would recommend it strongly. There is little to go out for in the neighbourhood but the hotel provides reasonably priced cars and drivers and we went into the city and had a great day at Sonargom - easy because of good travel arrangements from hotel.

Room Tip: Be careful not to get the room with no windows - but they were giood about changing it for a colleag...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business