“Feel Like Home!!”

Royal Park Residence
Ranked #9 of 83 Hotels in Dhaka City
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed Royal Park Last Month. It was my first stay at Royal park. I have been there business purpose one of my friend recommend me to this hotel. What i have found there is totally feel like home. The service was quite personalized environment is calm and quite. When i back from my office i feel like i am at home. The stuffs are friendly they helped me for my ticketing as well as transportation. Royal Park is quite different hotel from other hotel in town. Beside this they have a good food with different buffet theme night with international standard. But truly Royal Park is just feel like home to me.

Room Tip: Superior Room with balcony at upstairs is nice. Srilankan Buffet dinner is quite testy with spicy.
1  Thank Stephen A

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Wost place to stay! My friend and I chose the hotel cause of the ratings and comments on this site but DON’T trust any of the good comments. I just returned in May 2012 and the rooms are very old, very little and extremely smelly! If you’re cluster phobic and sensitive to smell, you wouldn’t be able to stand 10 minutes in the room! The electricity cuts out many times and the staffs are only nice when they are benefiting (e.g. when you tip them or/and when you’re staying for a long time). When we decided to check out after the second day into another hotel they refused to arrange a hotel car or taxi for us to the new place (although we were willing to pay their overpriced hotel taxi charge) and lied to us that all of their hotel cars were unavailable, even though we saw 4 parked outside! No one helped us with the luggage when we checked out, we had 3 pieces of luggage and we were both women and we had to carry the luggage down the flight of stairs ourselves and they were just watching. We motioned for help but they just watched since we are checking out so we’re not their guests anymore. Lastly, they deliberately gave us wrong change! We paid in USD but they returned us in Taka (their local currency) and didn’t give us enough change! It is the worst place and service I’ve ever stayed at. It’s overpriced and the staffs are liars. Don’t trust the previous comments since I think their staffs wrote them. Please look at all the comments and don’t make the same mistake like us.

Room Tip: All the rooms smell of bad odour!
3  Thank HonestexperienceLa
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The best things for foreigners is that this hotel provides variety of good quality India, Sri Lankan, Chinese and other international food. I particularly enjoyed Sri Lankan corner during my breakfasts.
Good on service and cleanliness and curteous staff.

They have also started a good environmental campaign, in which you are asked to leave a message daily, if you want your bed sheets and towels changed or not. I chose not to do so saily, to save water and energy. Would recommends others also to adopt to it!

A word of caution - They quote prices in Dollars, but you have to settle the bills in Taka. Normally, they would convert Taka into Dollar at 3 to 4% higher rate than the Banks. Also, there is tax component of 15% VAT + 10% other tax on the quoted rates.

Have a nice stay!

1  Thank Musafir_Delhite
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The hotel is located in residential bloc. I though it may be a service apartment. But to my surprice, it's a lovel hotel(i would rate 4 stars) with excellent qulaity of service and food.

The hotel is located in Banani. once of the posh locality of Dhaka. This hotel mostly used by foreign travellers. There were hardly local guests during my stay,

Its near to Dhaka's posh localitis Gulshan and Bannidhara, which are also most preferred haging out zones in Dhaka. (all good restaurenst and shopping centers are in these 3 localities.)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nikhar
Reviewed April 3, 2012

The quality of service was outstanding and every effort was made to make us feel welcome and to help us with travel arrangements, meals etc. The room was comfortable and the food was good - the Sri Lankan buffet was good value and interesting. This hotel has had some mixed reviews but I would recommend it strongly. There is little to go out for in the neighbourhood but the hotel provides reasonably priced cars and drivers and we went into the city and had a great day at Sonargom - easy because of good travel arrangements from hotel.

Room Tip: Be careful not to get the room with no windows - but they were giood about changing it for a colleag...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WallyWWorthingUK
Reviewed March 26, 2012

May be the best place to stay in Dhaka at an affordable price. Good rooms and facilities. Best in kind food. Highly recomended.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Danu200J
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed here 4 nights during a conference, and enjoyed the very good facilities, especially as I spent a lot of time in my room, what with being told it wasn't safe to go out at night alone, my visit coinciding with a strike, and then getting food poisoning. I had a comfy single bed.
The food is great, both the breakfast buffet and the a la carte dinner (lots of Sri Lankan things to eat, as well as international favourites). The staff are cheerful and attentive. I made use of the small gym on the top floor, and also the book lending library (there's also a DVD library). There's satellite TV and free internet (LAN and Wifi) in the rooms and lobby.
I would recommend this place for visitors to Dhaka. You can walk to a local market about 5 minutes away.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business