Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $47.50
More Info
from $45.00
More Info
All reviews boat trip great travel bangla food bridge construction tour guide great guide beautiful nature amazing tour these guys spent days visited several boat crew full day tour everyday life mangrove forest local guide rickshaw ride
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had 3 days at Dhaka full of adventure. We took tour around Dhaka city on a day 1, tour to old capital Sonargaon on day 2 and national park and zoo visit on day 3. All trips were very well organized and the guide was on call for me any time, so he arranged for us transportation to another city and shopping mall apart of the day tours itself. We saw local people living everyday life, had an interesting talk with them and took lots of photos of people, architecture and the beautiful nature at national park. Also as we wanted to see certain particular places the guide adjusted the tour program accordingly so we had a chance to visit all. We stopped at local markets for fruits and some traditional snacks. I was very pleased to find out that the agency supported local craftsman and school children of one of the villages near the city. Agency was very helpful and we enjoyed our visit bringing home wonderful memories.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed July 30, 2019

Knowing that I would not have a lot of time in Dhaka, I wanted a guide for a day. Bangladesh Eco Adventure put together a great personalized tour for me. They were easy to collaborate with ahead of time and way exceeded expectations during the day. Najib, who owns the business, was a fabulous guide. He was very observant with the things that interested me about the city and changed the itinerary to show me more of what he thought I would be interested in. At first I thought the day was going to be too long and too packed, but it was perfect. I would have never been able to see so much on my own. I highly recommend Najib and Bangladesh Eco Adventure, and if I ever come back I will definitely reach out again.

Reviewed July 22, 2019 via mobile

Just to make a quick introduction: we are experienced travellors who travelled to India, Nepal, Cambodia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Tunisia and many many other countries. We are used of travelling local way. We usually take busses and tuk tuks and so on.
Pros:
-We definitly have seen a lot of things we would of not have seen otherwise.
-The guide was at the hotel on time in the morning to pick us up.
-The guide told us that we would see animals get killed at the market to prepare us to what was to come.
-The guide took care of ordering the Uber and found the rickshaw. He paid them and he was the one dealing the price.
-We had the chance to meet with the son of the caretaker of the Armenian church which was really nice. He had a lot of informations to give us and was really specific. We are conducting a workproject on genocides called Robaa (on the road of bones and ashes) and this visit was usefull for us.
-The visit at the flowermarker was nice and short but we appreciated it a lot. It was beautiful!
-When we got stolen the guide took it seriously and made us come back to the hotel so we could cancel our credit cards. He waited for us and was really kind about it.
-The guide wanted us to enjoy the day as much as possible and he was really kind.
-The sculpture park was also quite nice! We did not expect to see such a thing there!!

Cons:
-The tour should always use the same rickshaws so they know who they are and that they can trust them. At some point out rickshaw was aggresive and we thought he was going to get into a fight with someone. Also, when our guide was calling him, he was ignoring his calls. It mades us so nervous. I tried to call the guide but it said that the phone number was not available.
-The boat ride is not for who does not know how to swim. No life jackets are provided and the boat can reverse at any moment in the water. This would of have been reasuring since they told us we could fall if we moved or touched the side of the boat. Once again they do not have a spicific boat that they always use. Even if you know how to swin I don’t think you want to fall into the river due to how polluted it is and due to the garbages there is in it.
-We recommend you do not bring any wallet in the market unless you actually put it in your underwear. Even with a hand on the wallet in the pocket at all time we got stolen. We are experienced travellors and we have lived in Brazil many years (so we always be careful for that type of situation not to happen).This has nothing to do with the tour company or the tour guide. I just recommand you go there with almost no money and an old old cellphone because they are magicians. We never saw anything like this before.

We believe that the tour has a good base as of the places that you visit but that there is still a lot of work to do in terms of making sure the foreigners are safe and confortable at all time, walking in some of the streets and markets, but especially in the boat and in the rickshaws.

I wish the company the best of luck with future guest. We are not unhappy with the tour but we are not totally satisfied as we were with our tour to sonargaon.

Reviewed July 11, 2019

Bangladesh Eco Adventure was recommended to me by many fellow travelers. As a solo traveler, I tend to stay away from guided tours. But, this was not just any ordinary tour. The ‘Dhaka Photography Tour’ took me to places that I would not have otherwise found by myself. Excellent itinerary. Competitively priced. Excellent customer service. No communication issues. I had the privilege of having Mahadi Hasan himself take me around the city. His friendly, welcoming personality radiated from the moment he greeted me at my hotel. He showed up on time. Conversations were easy—we shared the same sense of humor. He was informative and was able to answer all of my questions without any hesitation. He made sure that I was comfortable throughout the trip. The vehicle used for transportation was comfortable. Most importantly, he was flexible. Overall, Mahadi was a delightful guide and lived up to (and exceeded) my expectations. I strongly recommend Mahadi and Bangladesh Eco Adventure if you want to see places that you likely will not stumble upon yourself as a first-time visitor to Dhaka.

Reviewed June 17, 2019 via mobile

The store was exactly what I was hoping it would be. We didn't try to pack in too much. We had lots of time to sit and chat about Society and Culture. I feel like I got to experience the real ambience of Dhaka. The markets were fascinating, the university and the religious sites were so peaceful. The ride from one place to another was incredible. We took electric rickshaws, pedal rickshaws, and tuk tuks. We walked quite a bit too through the old bustling streets. My guide, Najib, was really knowledgeable and just a nice guy to hang out with. I felt that his only objective was to give me a thorough understanding and an experience of everything that Dhaka has to offer. Take the store. You will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: June 2019
3  Thank Sziv
Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

We had a short weekend free and just wanted to get away. Mahadi quickly put together a wonderful relaxing boats trip and Sundarban tour. Najib was our guide and was so helpful and friendly. A bit pricey, but it was exactly what we needed, and so beautiful and peaceful. We look forward to our next tour. Thank you both!!

Date of experience: April 2019