“Good to visit”
Review of GunaydIn

GunaydIn
Ranked #48 of 926 Restaurants in Baku
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

Nice place with excellent service. Turkish breakfasts are meat lovers should absolutely visit. Price range i would say more than average.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank azizaybak
Write a reviewReviews (189)

Reviewed August 12, 2019

I came in excited to enjoy a meal in Gundaydin as I so much love the food per my pleasant previous experience in many branches around Turkey. Unfortunately, this was nothing like I expected.

Amongst the 70+ restaurants and cafes I've tried during this summer trip these guys win the last on the list or maybe they don't deserve to be on a list. I am not sure if the owners are aware of this because and I am sorry to say this is being operated by some street gangsters or so.

1- And to be fair, I almost had to seat myself the guy offered me a seat saying here or there, it's your choice and even left off before I get to sit.

2-I sat down for around 7 minutes no one even came to ask anything or even bring the menu, hence the section I sat in had a huge table that had 3 families on it so "it wasnt an empty section, so I ended up going to the manager and ask him "Where could I possibly find the menu", only then he sent someone"

3-Someone came brought the menu "unwillingly", then came back in 4-5 minutes to take the order, he wasnt willing to explain anything on the menu, I decided to order the least possible so I could just grab a bite and leave.

4- Food is really good but overall experience wasnt.

5- I had to stand up and go ask for the bill.

6-Prices seem alright at 1st then comparing it to the portion this restaurant will cost you times what it should.

7- it's 12 dollars for 1 skewer of Kebab, which was not clear on the menu. Portions overall were not clear on the menu.

8- The waiter was rude when I asked him looking at the bill, do you charge this much for one skewer? he said "yes and it's very cheap". I know I could be sounding cheap over there but I assure you I am someone who is ready to pay $280 for a good steak. Yet, I wouldn't be happy baying $1 again in this place.

Conclusion: many restaurants in Baku can offer you good food and good experience at a good price. I so don't recommend.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

Prices are high, tastes are good but porsions are little. Location is good and the service is good as well.

Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful Turkish restaurant. Spacious, with good interior, very hi-end. Great location close to Heydar Aliyev Center. Delicious Turkish cuisine and chic atmosphere.

Reviewed May 16, 2019

Excellent restaurant with national cuisine in Baku. I was on business lunch led by colleagues from Baku.
The food was excellent, variety of local meze first course and barbecue dishes were served, service was excellent and the garden was very nice.