“Wonderful hotel. Excelente service.”

The Boutique Palace Hotel
Ranked #51 of 118 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I just can´t get any better. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is beautiful, silent, and in the perfect location. The rooms are big and comfortable, with excelent taste in decoration and design.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Diegoggm

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here with my husband for 4 nights (actually I stayed 4, him 3 because he missed his flight!) I really wanted to stay in the Sultan suite because it looked so much more interesting than the other rooms (there are 360 photo tours on their website) but it was so much more expensive than the others. About a week before I emailed them and was able to negotiate a better rate for the Sultan suite so we ended up staying there.

The room is over the top and a bit cheesy - there are seriously moving colorful lights you can turn on with a switch - but really fun. The bathtub is enormous and luxurious so I didn't really mind that I couldn't figure out how to turn on the overhead shower. The room also has it's own sauna. My only real complaint about the room and the hotel in general is the complete lack of adequate windows/natural light. Our room only has a tiny window which opens up into an alley or something so I was completely surprised when I left the hotel after breakfast and it was pouring rain. Also, they really could do a better job about leaving some spare toilet paper and soap in the room. I had to ask several times over my stay for extra and that's really annoying.

Reception is very friendly, some language barrier but not bad. The manager is very nice too. They really do go out of their way to help you. For example, there was no conditioner in the room, only shampoo and so I asked where I could go out and buy some but instead they took out some petty cash and sent someone to go find it for me. The guy couldn't find it that late at night or more likely he didn't really know what I was talking about so I asked again in the morning when there was a woman working and they successfully found some for me.

The breakfast was good, they make a nice omelette and the dinner at the restaurant was decent, nothing special.

The location is perfect, right next to old town and Fountain Square, ideal for walking around. They also helped to arrange for a driver to take a day trip out of town.

Lastly, whatever you do, do not ask them to mail postcards for you! I asked the women at reception where I could buy stamps but I was unable to find the place, I asked if someone could pick them up for me but for some reason this never was done in time before we left. So I left my postcards at reception and asked for my credit card to be charged for the cost of the stamps later. A couple days later when I emailed to ask if they were sent, I got an email back asking for authorization to charge my credit card 37 manat per postcard...that's $47!! After about 10 emails back and forth about how it is not possible to charge this much to send a postcard unless they were sending parcel service, things are not cheap in Baku but that is insane for a postcard - and them insisting this was the price for a stamp to the US, I gave up and told them to throw them out as who in their right mind would spend almost $50 to send one postcard!!

Other than that, it was a nice stay at this hotel. There are plenty of other bigger hotels in Baku and plenty more being built, but it was nice to stay in a more personal hotel. I would recommend it.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Tracy I
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

This is a good choice. It is not too expensive, but with a nice touch.
It is a small hotel - if you are looking for big many stores hotel this is not for you.
But if you need a nice place to stay, in a very good location - it is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2012
10  Thank Rrrr123
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel is actually inside the wall of the ancient old city. Walking distance to all the sites. The staff is amazing. Ready to help with anything. Rooms are nicely appointed, beds a good not great, Internet everywhere. Great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank RALW33
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during my business purpose visit to Baku. Location is of this hotel and the building is perfect. It is in the heart of the modern and old city. Most of the attractive Places are very close to this hotel. Hitl staff are very gentle and helpfull to me during this visit. Rooms are wide and comfortable. I can advise to everyone to stay at these hotel during Baku visit. The only problem about this hotel is; a little bit expensive..

• Stayed: April 2012
14  Thank Atilla2
Nelly M, Manager at The Boutique Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Dear Mr.Atilla, thank you for staying at the Boutique Palace Hotel Baku and your nice review about our hotel. We do our utmost to obtain full customer satisfaction and have well noted your remarks. Our rates vary depending on the seasons and we do our best to adjust flexible pricing policy. Please do not hesitate to contact us at your next trip to Baku.
Sincerely Yours,
Boutique Palace Management

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Very nice service, hotel manager and staff very kind and helpful.the location of the hotel is the center of baku. Will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012
19  Thank Vmgormez

Dear Mr.Vmgormez, thank you for staying at the Boutique Palace Hotel Baku and your kind attention to our hotel. We do our utmost to obtain full customer satisfaction and have well noted your remarks. Please do not hesitate to contact us at your next trip to Baku.
Sincerely Yours,
Boutique Palace Management

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Hotel location is the best - for business and pleasure. Its adjacent to the old city walls which makes it very easy to go see the old city and also its right next to the shopping street- Torgovaya. hotel provides taxi driver at very reasonable rate and also transportation to and from airport. Service is very average and so are hotel rooms. They do not have a concierge or any amenities - not sure why it is 5 stars. I say its more like a 4 star hotel, maybe 3.5 I asked the hotel staff on numerous occasions to assist with recommendations, their response was" " here is a website, go look at it yourself." Very bad attitude. Rooms were spacious with fruits and tea which added a pleasant touch. Breakfast was very average - cold cuts mostly and dried out croissants. Like I said, its too expensive and not enough amenities to be rated as 5 star hotel w/ that sort of a price tag.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor. First floor is very noisy.