All reviews rooftop restaurant maiden tower old city hummus chain hotels perfect location flame towers local food within walking distance top floor small things rooms are huge breakfast was included small hotel first floor good size omelette
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Hotel location is great for exploring the old town although not so easy to access with wheeled luggage.

Staff are friendly and helpful even though some did not have much English. The rooftop restaurant has lovely views to enjoy breakfast. The restaurant was packed every night so it was not possible to dine in the evening without a reservation.

Althouh the hotel is small the rooms are huge with lots of character, high ceilings and long doors. The bathrooms seem to have had a recent renovation and are really pretty.

The only thing that was not great was the wifi which hardly worked in the room but was fast in the lobby.

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

The Sultan Inn has to be one of the nicest small boutique hotel where I have ever stayed.

Staff: all professional and friendly and courtious. The hotel provides airport pickup for a fee. That makes it more convenient than using taxi or private car transfer.

Room: beautiful classical style and decor. The only complaint is that there is a step to the bed and closet area so be careful not to miss a step in the middle of the night. Bathroom has lots of shelf space and nice shower. There are only about 7-8 rooms (?) in the hotel.

Location: right in old town but only a few steps from street where car can access.

Breakfast: a la carte which makes sense because of the small number of rooms, at the roof-top restaurant which offers panoramic view of Baku.

I didn't join any tours. If I wanted I would have asked the staff for recommendation and join whatever tour they recommend. This hotel is too small to organize its own tours.

Definitely will return if I ever go back to Baku.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Very comfortable stay in this small but spacious hotel. Room 8 has plenty of room for two people to stay for a week yet a lone a weekend. The rooms are quiet, warm, showers are hot and reliable, the mini bar has the essential things you need, the WiFi is fast and reliable too. The bed is comfortable; I had some of the best quality sleep in a hotel here. The rooms are adjacent to the Q Bar but this bar has been closed for years I was told so no need to worry about people partying in the night keeping you awake.
The breakfast was included and is available in the Terrace Restaurant upstairs. There’s a lot on offer here for breakfast but I recommend the omelette with greens which is a traditional herbaceous breakfast item in Azerbaijan.
The location is enviable places in the centre of the old town so the old town is walkable from the hotel including the restaurants and bars. This is the one of the most photogenic areas of Baku but if you want to go to Some of the other sights then you may want a taxi. The airport is 30 mins and about 30 manat in a taxi.
I would easily stay here again if I came to Baku. The staff are friendly and helpful.
If you have mobility issues then you may struggle as I did not see an elevator in the building.

1  Thank eatgosee
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

The hotel itself, with just 11 rooms, is a great find, perfectly located behind the Maiden Tower in Baku’s Old City. My room (room 11) offered amazing views from the Flame Towers. Staff were very friendly and attended to my every request promptly. Breakfast was reasonable but not of 5 stars standard.
Don’t book a tour with the hotel in my opinion. Whilst the tour offered took me to the places I wanted to visit, I got next to no information about any of the sites. To be perfectly honest, I have got more information about other cities around the world from taxi drivers who’s job it is to drive me from A to B rather than conduct a tour. The car which I was taken in was very old, and had no functioning seat belt in the rear where I was seated. I felt unsafe in the vehicle as a result. The driver (nor the “guide”) seemed to know where they were going, and managed to get lost... not once but numerous times. This brings into question the experience of the hotel in operating such tours. At one point, we were reversing on a highway with cars doing perhaps 100km/h coming towards us. Most unsafe.
For what I got, the “tour” (which I like to call a driver for the day) was expensive. I have paid a fraction of the price for tours in other cities around the world and been highly impressed, however, I was not impressed with this tour whatsoever. I am truly sorry to say this, and I appreciate the gratitude of the hotel in organising the tour for me. My aim is to inform other fellow travellers, and I do not wish this to reflect upon the hotel and room itself. These were good, the tour was not. I have not fabricated any detail of my experience. Had the tour offered by the hotel been of a higher standard, 4/5 stars would have been awarded in review.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed December 5, 2018

Probably this Hotel is, at this moment, the only typical structure in Baku.
The rooms are quite nice and the rate is affordable.
Very beautiful location (exactly in the heart of the historical centre).

Date of stay: August 2018