“Perfect hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 114 Hotels in Baku
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Perfect hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This Hotel offers hospitality at its best. Friendly and helpful staff, very well equipped and beautiful rooms and good beds in which you can really relax. The city is close and you got a Shuttle service if needed. Recommendable !

Room Tip: Every room is recommendable
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Damla C, General Manager at Excelsior Hotel Baku, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Koray S,

May I say what an pleasure it was to have you with us. Many thanks for the kind words. We are truly happy to hear that you left happy.
Please know that we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

My sincere regards,

Turhan Poyraz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
pretoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed here in August.Good value for money.Nice beds and big rooms .we slept like a baby
The front desk and doormen are very helpfull.The gim is very modern with a nice big pool
The best is the shuttle that takes you every hour downtown about 5min away

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank smileyPretoria
Dear SmileyPretoria,

Thank you very much for having selected our Excelsior Hotel & Spa Baku for your stay and posted this review.

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that the hotel facilities were of your convenience.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel,

Kind Regards,
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I do not have any worlds describe the service in this hotel. Nothing working. No doormen no concierge. Air conditioner not working rooms not clean hole & lobby never clean. Same food every day cold coffee for breakfast . No waitress .

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Odessa1801
Dear Odessa1801,

My name is Turhan H. Poyraz and I am the General Manager of the hotel. I'd like to talk on record about what happened and would very much like to have your contact details so I can extend my apologies in person too.

That said, I take full responsibility for my team and thank you for hearing me out. There was multiple mistakes and carelessness by team members, who needless to say, have been taken necessary disciplinary actions for.

I only wish I was present during your departure myself. I know that my team extended their apologies and deleted your one day room charge and extended complementary airport transfer, but I truly understand that these did not make up for the rightful frustration.

I would like to personally apologize you if I can reach you via an email or a phone number and want to invite you again, complements of our management to have a complete different experience.

Looking forward to speaking to you soon.

Turhan H. Poyraz
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Spacious and very comfortable rooms. Friendly and helpful staff. I chose it mainly for the excellent sporting facilities : gym, squash, one of the biggest indoor swimming pools around (also an outside pool), tennis court. It is not as central as other hotels, but an hourly courtesy shuttle bus takes you to the promenade (5-10 minute drive) so it is no inconvenience at all. For those who know Baku, it is next to the "Heydar Aliyev Center", an architectural marvel. I would definitely recommend this hotel. I was there for a week on vacation and would definitely return when next in Baku.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Verano_Barcelona,

Thank you very much for taking your time and leaving such a kind and wonderful comment. I am happy that you've enjoyed your stay,

We will be glad to welcome you again someday soon!

Best regards,

Chorley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were travelling through Azerbaijan from Georgia on our way to Russia but had had enough of slumming it in hostels so treated ourselves to a one night stay at the excelsior. An excellent choice as despite our incredibly dishevelled appearance the staff were delightful, friendly & if they were perturbed by the look of us did not show it. Our room was upgraded to a deluxe free of charge giving us the bliss of a spa bath & a bigger room. Everything from the size & comfort of the bed to the facilities in the room were excellent. We made use of the pool & spa to get really relaxed, then used the free shuttle bus to the Bulvar, before climbing (& i do mean climbing!) into a massive & incredibly comfy bed, we left after a good breakfast the next morning ready to resume 'proper' travelling.
A great experience at a great hotel with staff to be incredibly proud of, thank you so much everyone at the Excelsior!

Room Tip: Not sure what side we were on but had a fab view of the unusual looking Heydar Aliyev Cultural Centr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Damla C, Director of Sales at Excelsior Hotel Baku, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear CtKeeley,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel and for taking the time to share your memorable experience during your stay with us.

Nothing is more motivating to our staff than honest words of encouragement from wonderful guests such as you.

Hope to see you soon again at Excelsior!

Best Regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Fantastic staff, extremely comfortable beds, great food, gym has to be the best around, pool fantastic. The massage is a must try (they offer local and Thai).The hotel offers a courtesy bus into the City, it offers a great laundry service (washed, dried, pressed and returned within 3 hours if needed quickly). Breakfast very good (and to the room if required), restaurant / pool bar food also very good, albeit slightly pricey.
Reception staff speak fluent English, the other staff speak sufficient English.

Room Tip: Received a free upgrade to a Deluxe Heritage compliments of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steve,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel and its facilities and for taking the time to share your memorable experience during your stay with us.

Nothing is more motivating to our staff than words of encouragement from wonderful guests such as you.

Best Regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

At times some hotel stays leave unforgettable memories. It was my first trip to Baku, and it literally blew me away. The quality of service, the breakfast menu, such a comfortable bed, spacious room and bathroom - all in a standard room. Emil at the reception gave all details on tourist attractions, restaurants and the routes to them. I asked for an iron, but all were taken out by guests, and they said they would iron the shirt by the time I needed it for free. I went to spa, used the hair dryer available there and was shocked how quick it blow dried my hair. Given that it takes at least an hour for me to get ready for work each morning, I requested the staff to give me the details as to where I can get the same hair dryer (thinking of cutting my time by half each morning). I was unable to find it anywhere (most probably it is no more available in the market) and the manager was so kind to gift it to me!!!! The hotel management and staff are indeed proactive to ensure you have an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Diana B
Dear Diana,

Hope to see you again at our hotel!

Kind Regards,