“Thanks a lot!...”
Review of Fairmont Baku

Fairmont Baku
Ranked #4 of 116 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed in Fairmont Hotel 3 nights with a group of 15 people in Baku. During our stay we appreciate every detail in the hotel. Rooms were wide with a great view and breakfast was good. I spent sunday morning in the spa/fitness/swimming pool and it was pretty well. Music and amosphere was awesome at the bar on third floor. Thank you very much for your hospitality...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
FairmontBaku, General Manager at Fairmont Baku, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Cemil E,

Thank you for a very positive feedback following your recent stay at Fairmont Baku, Flame Towers. We are pleased to read that you found our facilities and services to your liking and that you enjoyed the room and the amazing views over the Baku skyline. Thank you for your kind words about your experience in the Spa and Le Bistro and we were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the ambiance in our Jazz Bar. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife and myself along with our 4 children stayed at Fairmont Baku from 10th Oct to 18th Oct 2013. This was one of our most memorable hotel stays in our life. The staff were so courteous, humble and genuine. Though the hotel was very recently opened everybody were so well informed and trained. The rooms were beautiful and spacious with large beds and the arrangements for interconnecting rooms was so practical and convenient. All staff were so caring that we felt like royalty. We love travelling and seeing new countries and staying in exotic new hotels. However, due to Fairmont Baku we would love to repeat our visits to Baku to stay at this beautiful masterpiece.

All our best wishes to Mr.Francis Desjardins, Director (Operations) and his team. Keep it up!!

Best Wishes,

Shahana & Amar

Room Tip: Book a room overseeing the Mediterranean Sea.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank amar961
FairmontBaku, General Manager at Fairmont Baku, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Galina M,

Thank you for sharing with us your positive feedback following your recent stay at our Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel to your liking. We are particularly delighted to read that you enjoyed our service and found our colleagues to be hospitable and friendly. Thanks again for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back again on your next trip to Baku.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I love to be impressed and taken care of. This was one of the best experiences I had with the Hotel. Maybe THE best.

Fairmont Gold: Have never stayed in Fairmont before. Last time I was in Baku, I stayed in Park Inn and really wasn't impressed. I chose to go for Fairmont Gold, because I wanted to have breakfast included - I got my priorities straight ) As much as I would rather for no one else book Gold while I'm there, so I can have it all to myself, I will be nice and say that it will be really worth the extra money. In fact, I was surprised.

Check in: As a Fairmont Gold I had a private check in the Gold lounge on the 19th floor. After traveling 18 hours by plane from US, I didnt really see or understand what I was looking at. Check in was quick, everything was explained, and I was treated with a glass of red wine.
Room was perfect. Large floor to ceiling windows, tub, shower, in mirror TV, the works. I asked to close the window because it was noisy, and it was done quickly. Housekeeping team is great - everything was left in its place and straightened.
Room Service: When you put in 14 hour days, you deserve room service dinner. Expensive, delicious, and perfect.
Gold lounge: Don't go there. It is mine. 19 floor view is stunning anyway you look. Free breakfast any way you like it, free local wine and beer. Free afternoon snacks and evenings canapes. Amazing staff. I'm sending best regards to Torgul, Emin, Jamal, Vika and Havva. You provided outstanding service, and deserve a raise.
Espa: I found out that I had never had a massage before. Cecilia from Bali mended me for 2 hours with the Winter Warmer package, and I floated out of ESPA very relaxed and happy. Prices are decent - especially for the experience. I will definitely come back.
Alov: Great. Had 2 dinners there, and everything was perfect. Salmon steaks are the best. And do not miss the chocolate statues.
Le Bistro: So good. I would only wish for a larger menu/ more choices. Our waitress (don't know the name, but signed her a card) was superb. Explained where I could buy certain things, what I need to see, and was just overall pleasant
Alov Jazz: Visited 2-3 times while I was there - nice. Nice Jazz, beautiful atmosphere. A bit too loud if you are trying to work, but then it's not meant to be a work place..
Service: Just another example. I had a few VIPs for dinner at the hotel, and we wanted to do a private presentation and then dinner. We were able to use the meeting room near Gold Lounge, where we were set up with all the tools needed for the meeting, and once that was done, it quickly turned into a nice dinner room. I allowed them to select the menu items, and they have done the best presentation, without taking advantage of my budget. Very honest, very delicious, very professional.
They will go the extra mile without you asking. I hope that the service level stays the same - I will follow up on my next visit in September.

Room Tip: Choose Fairmont Gold, any view is nice: see and city.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Galina M

Dear Amar 961,

Thank you for your positive comments following your recent stay in Fairmont Gold at Fairmont Baku Flame Towers. We are delighted to hear that your Fairmont Baku experience met your expectations and that you enjoyed the special facilities and privileges of Fairmont Gold floor. We are also pleased to read that you enjoyed our French Le Bistro and American Style Alov Restaurant and Jazz Bar. Our Culinary team is continuously working on providing the very best selection of greater dishes for our guests. We appreciate your comments regarding ESPA which offers special treatments and exclusive facilities including Turkish Hamam, indoor pool and treatment suites. Thanks again for your kind feedback and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

we were at restaurant el bistro of fairmont hotel on 1st ofmarch with family.athmosfere was great and personal..specially server INNA-thank u..she greeted with us and we ordered often somethings..everything was perfect!!i will told my friends about all too...

Room Tip: we were at el bistro
Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
FairmontBaku, General Manager at Fairmont Baku, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Fenam A,

Thank you for the positive feedback following your recent visit to Fairmont Baku and Restaurant Le Bistro. We are pleased to read that you found our facilities to your liking and that you were comfortable with our service colleagues and especially with Inna who was attentive and hospitable during your visit. Every Sunday we have our regular Sunday Brunch promotion where you can sample the finest Azerbaijani and European dishes, fresh seafood and enjoy the selection of drinks and wines. Thanks again for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Staff are central to a hotel experience that makes you think WOW, and this hotel has done a great job with that. Everywhere inside and outside the hotel I was greeted by name with a genuine smile, every day. Everyone was extremely friendly and professional at every step, from booking to check out, and they helped make everything very easy for a first time traveler to Baku, including an invitation I needed to get a visa, spa treatments, tour and transportation questions, good photography opportunities and restaurant recommendations.

The hotel public areas and rooms are well cared for, the amenities in the rooms are high quality, and the hotel offers great options for entertainment and relaxation including restaurants with good food, a lounge, wonderful spa (i chose and recommend a hamam experience), pool, sauna, steam room and fitness center. The hotel also has a great location within easy walking distance of the old city and seafront.

In all, I returned home extremely relaxed and happy. Baku is a lovely city with a lot to do and very friendly and happy people. I stayed 5 days and would go back in a second.

Room Tip: Rooms have both city and sea views. I chose the city view, but the sea view with downtown Baku is lo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank suzannegraham

Dear suzannegraham,

Thank you for the recent feedback following your stay at Fairmont Baku. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and the hospitality you received. We were particularly pleased to hear that you found the service to be friendly and professional and that you had the opportunity to experience our facilities and services. Thanks again for your positive feedback and we hope to welcome you again in the very near future.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

HI. I love French cuisine. I was searching a beautiful cuisine of French in our town long ago. I was invited to the restaurant Le bistro of Fairmont hotel on the 19th of February by my friends. The atmosphere of that restaurant was amazing. After sitting at the table the server by name Elmir came up to us . He smiled and greeted with us. while ordering dish on menu I wanted to order Goat's cheese . but thanks to him that he remind me that there is nut oil in it. But I have allergy for nut oil. he gave us complete information about menu and help us on choosing dishes. I wanted to check his smile whether it was artificial or real, because no one could be so glad after so many orders. Every time when he came we ordered things again and again .. But instead of being angry he was always calm and came to us in smiling face. I have been told by my friends that in this restaurant there is no Turkish coffee. I wanted to put him in difficult situation that's why I ordered Turkish coffee, waiting for the answer of '' we have no turkish coffee" . But everything was ready after 3 minutes , it was unbelievable for me)... The main thing - his smiling face didn't change. Serving was perfect. I have been in many hotels but only in this hotel found the server man who can bear us , explain everything connected with menu and he was professional server. He saw off us warmly and as if he knew us for ages. Thank you Chief of Fairmont HOtel! From this day on we are your constant guest. Thank you for service. Thank you for your job Elmir

Room Tip: everything and everywhere is beautiful there...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
FairmontBaku, General Manager at Fairmont Baku, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Shefa R,
Thank you very for sharing with us your positive feedback following your last visit to Fairmont Baku and Le Bistro Restaurant. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the French cuisine and found our service level to your liking. Our main goal is to turn moments into memories for our guests and I am proud to share your comments with our colleagues and especially with Elmir who was so friendly and hospitable during your visit. Recently we have opened our new American style Alov Restaurant where you can sample some of our amazing steaks, lobsters and fresh seafood or spend the evening in Alov Jazz Bar enjoying live entertainment and delicious signature cocktails. Thanks again for your kind feedback and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The Fairmont Baku is always a grand experience. From the moment you pull in the drive, your expectations are lifted... and met.

LeBistro offers a terrific Sunday Brunch... and for those on high-protien/low-carb diets... you won't be disappointed. We had a lovely table, with yet another view, for two and were kindly seated away from the families with children. The saxophone music was good and played at a level that still allowed for conversation. The very capable Mr Elmir waited on us and anticipated our every need.

Mister Anar A. was kind to take us through a good deal of the hotel as we had arrived a bit early for our reservation. We were even taken to the Alov Steakhouse which will open in the next week... something not to be missed... and a treat for jazz aficionados.

After brunch, we were met by Miz Samira I. who arranged for us to meet Mr Ziya at the ESPA for a tour of the two-level spa. Samira showed us hotel rooms of several grades and the amazing views for Fairmont guests. Apartments are also available and are state-of-the-art.

There's so much to enjoy now, and even more to come.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CaspianCC
FairmontBaku, General Manager at Fairmont Baku, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear CaspianCC,

Thank you for your positive comments following your last visit to Le Bistro and our Hotel. We have received many positive comments about our weekly promotions and the food selection at our Sunday Brunch and I am pleased that you enjoyed the atmosphere in the restaurant and the accompanying saxophone music. We are also delighted to hear that our Bistro team made you feel very welcome and that you found our colleagues to be very friendly and helpful during your visit. I was proud to share your feedback with our team and especially with Elmir, Anar and Samira who made your day special and memorable. Aside from Sunday Brunch we are also serving Afternoon Tea in our Nur Lounge on a daily basis and have live music each evening in our newly opened Alov Jazz Bar. Perhaps next time you visit, you will have an opportunity to experience one of these new services. Thank you again for sharing with us your kind feedback and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.