“Sunday Brunch and Service, Service, Service”
Review of Fairmont Baku

Fairmont Baku
Ranked #4 of 116 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The Fairmont Baku is always a grand experience. From the moment you pull in the drive, your expectations are lifted... and met.

LeBistro offers a terrific Sunday Brunch... and for those on high-protien/low-carb diets... you won't be disappointed. We had a lovely table, with yet another view, for two and were kindly seated away from the families with children. The saxophone music was good and played at a level that still allowed for conversation. The very capable Mr Elmir waited on us and anticipated our every need.

Mister Anar A. was kind to take us through a good deal of the hotel as we had arrived a bit early for our reservation. We were even taken to the Alov Steakhouse which will open in the next week... something not to be missed... and a treat for jazz aficionados.

After brunch, we were met by Miz Samira I. who arranged for us to meet Mr Ziya at the ESPA for a tour of the two-level spa. Samira showed us hotel rooms of several grades and the amazing views for Fairmont guests. Apartments are also available and are state-of-the-art.

There's so much to enjoy now, and even more to come.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CaspianCC
FairmontBaku, General Manager at Fairmont Baku, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear CaspianCC,

Thank you for your positive comments following your last visit to Le Bistro and our Hotel. We have received many positive comments about our weekly promotions and the food selection at our Sunday Brunch and I am pleased that you enjoyed the atmosphere in the restaurant and the accompanying saxophone music. We are also delighted to hear that our Bistro team made you feel very welcome and that you found our colleagues to be very friendly and helpful during your visit. I was proud to share your feedback with our team and especially with Elmir, Anar and Samira who made your day special and memorable. Aside from Sunday Brunch we are also serving Afternoon Tea in our Nur Lounge on a daily basis and have live music each evening in our newly opened Alov Jazz Bar. Perhaps next time you visit, you will have an opportunity to experience one of these new services. Thank you again for sharing with us your kind feedback and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Having experienced several Sunday Brunches in other 5 star hotels in Baku I decided to give the Fairmont a try (with 5 friends) and have to say was not disappointed. Right from entering the building you are greeted by friendly and professional staff.
As for the Brunch itself, absolutely FIRST class, from the seafood bar, to the lamb dish, to the ribeye steak, all top rank and lets not forget the sweet selection.....We all agreed the best Brunch in Baku.
Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank tonyhopper
FairmontBaku, General Manager at Fairmont Baku, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Tonyhopper,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your valuable comments about our Sunday Brunch and Restaurant Le Bistro. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the selection of food and that our staff were hospitable and friendly during your visit. Apart from Sunday Brunch we offer Afternoon Tea in our Lobby Lounge each day for you to enjoy with your friends and Family. Styled on the classic English Afternoon Tea, the guests are offered a selection of the finest speciality teas as well as delicious English scones, fingers sandwiches and desserts. Thank you again for the positive feedback and we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We have stayed in Fairmont hotel in January 2014. The view of Baku that you get is fantastic, one can literally sit in front of the wall size window all evening and watch the city. You get the same super view when you are on the treadmill in the gym or swimming in the pool, I myself liked sitting in sauna with glass windows all around you and watching busy city below you. Personnel is exceptionally professional and friendly. We had a breakfast in Le Bistro with an 18 month child and it was my first experience where a public dining went absolutely stress free through the efforts of Fairmont employees, not to mention great food. Overall, this hotel has all that is required from a great place to stay - excellent personnel, super view, extended comfort and delicious food and all the components are up to the real 5 star standards.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
FairmontBaku, General Manager at Fairmont Baku, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear 16791,

Thanks for your kind feedback and positive comments following a recent stay at Fairmont Baku. I am pleased to hear about the experiences you had from the great views in the Spa, to the services you received throughout the Hotel and the food and service experienced in Le Bistro. We were pleased to learn that overall you found the Hotel lived up to expectations and pleased to advise you that we are about to open our new Alov Restaurant and Jazz Bar which opens from 7th February 2014. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and perhaps a chance to try out our new Restaurant on your next trip. Thanks again for your positive feedback

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed during the christmas break. To be honest We had some problems. I felt obliged to voice my concerns to the manager Adrian Ellis and thus spent some considerable time during my visit to write a letter of feedback to detail the issues. Unfortunately Adrian was not on hand to handle the problems but his staff were absolutely amazing in dealing with things. I am confident these were teething problems and that during our next visit in January we will not be disappointed . Final words go to the service at the hotel. From the minute we arrived to our departure we were treated like very important friends of the hotel, if this is level of service is sustained then this will easily remain the best hotel in Baku.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barry S
FairmontBaku, General Manager at Fairmont Baku, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Barry S

Thank you for your comments and feedback following your recent stay at the Hotel. We are sorry to hear about some challenges encountered during this last visit and thank you for your letter to me which we responded to during your visit. We were pleased to read about the very positive service experiences and will ensure that the problems you encountered are resolved immediately. Your comments have been shared with our team and have been most helpful and constructive in our quest to achieve the highest standards of hospitality. We truly hope that on your next visit in January you will have a very positive and memorable experience and we look forward to being of service for this upcoming visit. Thank you again for your positive feedback concerning our service and the individuals that looked after you so well during this last visit.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

It was our first experience staying in a Fairmont hotel. And thanks to the Baku hotel, Fairmont will now become our first choice internationally. To me, it is certainly the best hotel in Baku - and we have stayed at all 5 stars in the city.

Even though the hotel is technically in the soft opening mode, it does give you the full impression and experience of the properly functioning one. The choice of the restaurants and other activites is limited, but the attitude and quality of the staff, speed of service, nice food are all on the highest level one expects from a luxurious hotel.

The check-in (in the most grandiose lobby I have seen) was quick and easy - the room was ready for us, together with a small extra bed for our daughter. As I requested in advance, we were given a sea-view room on the 14th floor. Once you enter the room, then you can spend the whole day and night there, watching the town and sea, thanks to the floor-to-ceiling windows. The room itself is the state-of-art, in warm colors, and pretty big for three people. Separate wardrobe and luggage area. The bathroom is also big and wonderful.

We had a dinner and breakfast at the Bistro - the French restaurant that is better than many famous restaurants in Paris. Very delicate food and great service. Highly recommended.

We also visited the spa and had a great time there, even though the sauna and steam room were out of order.

The most amazing thing in the hotle is their staff. Every member of the staff we dealt with was very courteous, polite and open-minded. All our requests were satsfied, with the speed and smile. I want to specifically mention Farid and Javid who showed us around on the check-in, the whole reception staff, all the bellboys, the entire staff at Bistro and ESPA. You all made our stay very special!

The GM, Adran Ellis, was there on our check-out, and I told him what a great job he had done to make the hotel so special. And things will get even better, once the hotel introduces new facilities. We are looking forward to new experience ! Thank you !

Room Tip: Sea-view on higher floors
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank airwav
FairmontBaku, General Manager at Fairmont Baku, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear airwav,

Thank you for a very positive feedback following your recent stay at our Hotel. I was delighted to read that your experience exceeded expectations and that we have become a hotel of choice for you here in Baku. I am happy to hear that you were comfortable with the check-in procedure and that you enjoyed the room and the amazing views over the Baku skyline.
We are continuously working on providing our guests with the highest service levels and I am pleased that you felt welcomed by our staff. Your comments regarding our service colleagues have been shared with the team and will serve as inspiration in our quest to deliver the very highest standards of service. Thank you for your kind words about your experience in the Spa and at Le Bistro and we were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cuisine in this Restaurant. In the beginning of February we are opening the new restaurants, Alov Steakhouse, Alov Jazz Bar and our Cigar Divan which will allow our guests to have more extensive restaurant and entertainment experience at our Hotel. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have decide to have a New's Year Holiday in Baku and because i always travel alone i decided to stayed at The Fairmont Baku and… It was the 1st time a Fairmont Hotel
What an amazing Hotel !

The Hotel is not ''Near the Flame Towers'' is in one of them ! Just a few step out of the main door and you will find a cableway that takes you in few minutes to the boulevard, full of luxury brand shops and mall, and the amazing old city so if you want intimacy and privacy and an amazing view come in this Hotel, and if cableway does not work to come down you could walk through the steps or take a taki that takes you to the old city for no more than 5azn

CHECK IN : I arrived at 2.2am and i found smiling persons (4) for meet & greet and give me all the information i need instead of late hours! I though immediately at ease

ROOMS : I had 1416 King Fairmont Gold Full Caspian View.. 50mqs totally soundproof , a walking wardrobe positioned in front of the bathroom with bath-tube, walk-in shower, separate wc and bidet, amenities bathrobe, slippers and soft towels. welcome cakes that . I visited also a standard room with no view and is still 50mqs with the only difference of amenities and mattress ,concerning the suite..if you take the corner one you will have all the city at your own feet

GOLD LOUNGE Due the Fairmont Gold Room I had access to this lounge, at the front desk while you enter in you have always someone who waiting you and assist you. You could have a breakfast full continental including hot meals (like omelette, etc etc) at the 19th floor with an amazing full caspian sea view , you could read a book from library or just simple relax. I had have also cocktail with very tasting local white wine even they have to organized better the ‘’Happy Hour’’ I thought they have to prolong at 9pm and made in a Italian Style or Spanish Way with much more tapas, appetizer, hors d’oeuvre like in others hotels lounges but hotel it’s brand new and I thought they wil work on it. I stayed at the lounge all night during New’s Year eve, because I would never miss the fireworks and I had all staff looking after me offering me wine, smaill dessert and at midnight with others Fairmont Gold Guest unlimited Champagne !

ESPA Don’t get lost in almost 3000mqs of Spa !. on 5th fl. You find a warm-swimming pool with lounger with towels ,Jacuzzi and sauna with the view of cableway and mosque open to all the guest ! in the same floor you have the ‘’check in for Spa Guest’’ who have access to the 6th Fl where you find the Spa Treatments Rooms including steam sauna and …hamman , lockers, relaxing garden. I have to thank you the ESPA Staff to have propose me the Winter Packages of 2 hours treatments ! I had decide to have a 2 hours of hamman ritual on 31th dec just to start with…new skin the 2014 !! And It was like that! I think women may come to Baku to stay in Fairmont just only for the ESPA !

CONFERENCES HALL : If You would organized a meeting, a congress, a show you find modulated-meetings rooms, ballroom, with all the must update technologies

RESTAURANTS… no more words ...try them !! As an Italian I could only say ‘’’ BRAVO’’

STAFF In every ‘’section’’ of hotels I found the high-Level professional they let you fell like a really Special Guest and not as a Guest who come and go , the Staff is really polite, with discretion , with smile and always an answer to your request, All the Staff at the Fairmont Gold are really called Personal Butlers .

Room Tip: If you want to ''pamper your self'' take a Fairmont Gold Room with partial or full c...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank laKarbons
FairmontBaku, General Manager at Fairmont Baku, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear lacarbone,

Thank you for staying with us over the New Year period and for taking the time to write such a positive review about Fairmont Baku Flame Towers. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed all the Hotel facilities and it was especially good to read your comments regarding our service standards and our colleagues who made you feel so welcome during your stay. We are continuously working on providing our guests with the best service levels which will help them “to turn the moments into memories” and hope that this was the case during your stay. We are happy that you found our ESPA services to your liking and this area has only been opened since the beginning of November and is a welcome addition to the facilities at the Hotel. We also appreciate your feedback about our restaurants and very soon we are opening two other new outlets, the Alov Steakhouse and Alov Jazz Bar where our guests will enjoy fine dining and live music in addition to the views that are magnificent over Baku city and Caspian Sea.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your latest trip to Baku and on behalf of the entire team we wish you a very healthy and prosperous year ahead, and looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I and my wife stayed at the Fairmont hotel for New Years Eve and had the most amazing experience. If I was to detail all the positives then I would be writing a long message, therefore I will point out some of the more special moments.
The room - Junior Suite - was of a quality unattainable in Baku, and most other destinations in the world. The view from the room is spectacular and worth the stay alone.
Service from the moment you enter the hotel until you leave is first class, and we interacted with hotel staff a lot during our stay.
Further to our hotel stay, we experienced our New Year in one of the hotel restaurants - Alov Steakhouse. The restaurant is wonderfully decorated and the food was delicious, the only downside is that this was a soft opening and the restaurant will not open officially until February this year.
To finalise, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Baku, it is worth the money!

Room Tip: I would recommend taking the sea view rooms as their view is spectacular. Though I was advised that...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sahan K,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments and for choosing to celebrate the New Year with us at Fairmont Baku Flame Towers. I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that our team were able to make you feel comfortable and relaxed during your stay. Your feedback regarding the food and atmosphere in Alov Steakhouse is highly appreciated especially as we are about to launch this new Restaurant from the beginning of February 2014. We are also pleased that you enjoyed the junior suite and found the facilities and services to your liking and very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the very near future.