“Excellent local cuisine”

Sumakh
Ranked #17 of 559 Restaurants in Baku
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Azerbaijani restaurant consists of a large space perfectly suitable for dining with family, friends or business meetings as well as for bigger format events, such as birthday celebrations and a smaller private space for enjoying your meal in a smaller circle. Over the years Sumakh has become a place of gastronomic pilgrimage for famous artists, politicians and guests of the city. Exquisitely selected interior, reflecting old local traditions creates a unique atmosphere of comfort, while the menu presented from the most famous Chiefs deliver you the full flavor of Azerbaijani cuisine.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Fortunately, my colleague's acquaintance recommended this restaurant for us and was our guide in it. I recommend to have a local person who speaks Azeri when you will visit this restaurant - someone should recommend dishes for you.
During summer you should request in advance - Summer's Lyavange. This dish is stuffed fish - beluga (unfortunately we couldn't taste it - this dish is available only by preliminary request). It costs 30 manats (about 30 euros).
We tasted grilled sturgeon, Lulah Kebab from sturgeon, salad from grilled aubergine, buglama (local dish - mutton on bone stewed with vegetables).
All mentioned dishes were delicious. I recommend it for you. Also I recommend to drink a stew from quince (water, quinces and sugar that's all).
My colleagues tasted local Chardonnay wine and local Shiraz wine. They prized Chardonnay.
This restaurant offers only local cuisine - it's not possible to ask tomato soup or any familiar dish.

2  Thank Ashkalikov
There are newer reviews for Sumakh

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was there many times, with friends, with family and with my business partners. Quite atmosphere, high-quality service and food.
The kitchen is behind the glass wall, so you can easily see what is going on there from the street. Prices are not cheap, but it's worth it.

2  Thank s a
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Excellent local cuisine. Selected food from Azeri cuisine. Location is not so good bit far from city center. Service should improve. But I suggest to go there.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I was here because of Concierge's advice. This guys really show me what is AZERBAIJAN CUISINE means. Great tasty food relaxing atmospere and good prices. well done

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is the best Azeri food I have ever eaten. Having lived in Azerbaijan and Georgia for six years, that is saying something.

1  Thank Jonathan D