“Excellent Italian”

OroNero Bar & Ristorante
Ranked #10 of 900 Restaurants in Baku
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At the most delectable Italian restaurant Baku has to offer, guests experience a catwalk of tastes from Parma and Milano and Fresco dining. The epitome of style, we offer contemporary Italian cuisine perfectly complemented by warm, luxurious interiors.
Reviewed May 24, 2019

We do come here from time to time for some nice Italian. The place is quite pricey, but I live the location and their house-made ice-creams and sorbets.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

I had a dinner before my flight I loved all starters served and my reveille! Leaving you some photos here

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 13, 2019

A few days ago (March 6) we had foreign guests, with their gastronomic preferences (vegetarians), whom we wanted to impress not only with tasty and suitable food, but also with a cozy atmosphere and quality service. We decided to try the restaurant Oronero. And never regretted.
The restaurant turned out to be a spacious hall in dark gold tones, creating a beautiful entourage, not inferior from eminent restaurants abroad. Cooks and waiters instantly entered our situation and offered not to suffer for a long time search from the menu, but to trust their experience and try the dishes chosen by themselves that are suitable for us (in particular, vegetarian guests).
As a result, we were served with wonderful bruschettas with vegetable and mushroom dressing, a salad with arugula and tomatoes, delicious stews and pasta with olives. Each dish was not only very tasty, but also deserved a separate praise for designer things. Throughout the evening, the waiters regularly inquired about our comfort, the cooks clarified our preferences.
In general, the service, the quality of the food, and the entourage deserve special praise. You guys are great. Thank you for a wonderful dinner, impressions and a strong desire to visit you again.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 2, 2019

Despite the large number of 5 stars reviews, in my opinion the quality of this restaurant is not that high.
I had a seafood started and a black risotto, none of them fully convinced me.
I am not saying that the food was bad, but actually I have found it tastyless.
If you are staying at JW Marriott it might be worth a visit, otherwise I would suggest to book somewhere else.

Date of visit: January 2019
GeneralManagerJWBaku, Director of Operations at OroNero Bar & Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2019

Dear Andrea83Chiara87,

I would like to thank you for posting your review for OroNero Bar & Ristorante.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. However, we also noticed some missed opportunities and constructive comments which will be taken on board positively.

Your kind feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Max Venturelli

Director of Operations
JW Marriott Absheron Baku

Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

We were lucky to come to one of the regularly organised brunches. It was amazing. For around 70 manat you get everything from fresh oysters and prime steaks to really delicious desserts (which are unfortunately not easy to find in Baku as everything tends to be too sweet and rather tasteless). Freshly made pasta, any side you can imagine, fantastic drink assortment, ice cream bar and even a freaking chocolate fountain!
One problem: there is TOOOO much choice so that you can’t even try half of the dishes!

Date of visit: January 2019