“Stayed here before; still no service.”
Review of Golden Coast Hotel

Golden Coast Hotel
Ranked #56 of 116 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This was a return visit, not by choice. Company uses this hotel so I had to endure the endlessly poor service. The room was quite good and comfortable. The maid service was excellent, the rest of the staff was abysamal. I used the room service because there was no restaurant open, just the bar which was always empty and the food took an age to come.The room service was reasonable and the food was OK and better than I remembered having before, so something has improved. Breakfast buffet was also better.

It is just the total indifference of the staff (apart from the cleaning staff), which really grates. I dread the thought of returning there. As a hotel it is potentially good, with a good location. I am amazed they make money with their staff, perhaps thats all they expect in Azerbaijan.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Richard V

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights for an event in the same hotel. The rooms are ok but the staff does not provide any service. Doorman watched me getting my luggage in, when I asked the reception to get me a taxi the lady told me that their driver was away and she did not know where I could get a taxi except "in the street" (cold heavy wind outside), there was nobody in the icy breakfast room both mornings and the breakfast looked not fresh. The restaurant was closed in the evening, the gentlemen at the bar proposed to eat there but it was too cold there.
After the event the staff told us to leave the room as they considered the event to be finished and had dressed a table with food. I had the impression that they wanted to get us out from there to eat the remainders of the dinner that was paid by our partner organisation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rainer F
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The rooms were better than expected. I went to the restaurant at 10pm a they said that it wa closed but the kitchen was open. I ordered the Lila and they told me it would be 25 minutes. It took over an hour. I watched the cook laughing it up behind the bar ( no where near the kitchen) for 30 min. And I'm expected to pay 12 manat for this?!? This wouldn't fly in the US.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel location is good, close to the main road, view from room is too good specially during night, good view of flame tower and the Caspian sea. Hotel Staff is friendly too. But very limited food choice in restaurant. Overall a decent place to stay in.

Room Tip: Chose room ending with 5 onwards to get good internet speed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank VivekMahich
Reviewed May 13, 2013

They will not turn the AC on until June 1st. Baku get's hot and sweaty way before this. The decision to turn it on should be based on the weather not the date. Of course you always have the option of opening the window and letting the noise of the traffic sooth you to sleep. Could be a nice hotel but they need to throw of the old attitudes and put the paying guests first

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thazza
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Despite bad evaluation of this hotel, I had good experience during my stay last weekend !
It may really not be 5 star hotel, but it is a good choice for the money! It has very nice location,
it is clean and well maintained and the staff is friendly.
Can' t judge the food, since I was dinning out, except breakfast, which is average.
Anyway, my stay was OK and would go back!

Room Tip: Seaview has excellent view on Baku and Caspian Sea
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I found myself in "The Golden Coast Hotel 5*" for 35 days on a recent business trip. No Air-Con for 17 days, breakfast - inedible, bar prices increased days after arrival, electricity failed daily, lack of urgency when problems flagged....Not worthy of any more time on my behalf

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business