Stayed @ the sensational four seasons last weekend for 3 nights. We upgraded ourselves to two rooms facing the Caspian sea. Our rooms were impeccable and spacious, the view of the Caspian sea /promenade was stunning.
We had our first meal at stylish Kaspia with a superb view of the flame towers. The hotel's location was perfect, a short walk to restaurants ie Sahil, Chinar, Mugam Club, Art Garden, and right next to the fascinating old city.
If I had an extra day I would have spent it at their spectacular pool & spa plus a second meal at Sumakh (not walking distance but the best of the restaurants we tried)
We popped over to Fairmont hotel and had a tour of their show room, a suite on the 9th floor. I preferred 4 seasons both for the style/decor, superb location & also thought the view from our rooms (719 & 720) was much better.
Minor room for improvement:
1) They provided tea at request but would be nice just to leave tea bags
2) during an afternoon nap I forgot to put the do not disturb sign on, & a staff came in without knocking
3) on our last day (a Sunday) we wanted to see a couple of museums ----the Taghiyev history museum (within walking distance) & the Heydar Aliyev cultural center (a cab ride away). I doubled checked opening hours with the concierge & he arranged transport for us, but both places ended up being closed. We also spent 180 azn to see the gobustan petroglyphs & mud volcanoes with a jeep arranged by hotel, got to see the petroglyphs but not the mud volcanos, as the driver did not speak English so we could not communicate with him.
Otherwise, we thought all the staff were wonderful, from the door guys to the front desk/concierge to the handsome GM.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the promenade on the shores of the Caspian Sea in the Azeri capital, Four Seasons Hotel Baku offers the city’s finest accommodations in 171 rooms and suites, four restaurants and bars including the high-style Kaspia and Kaspia Bar, the exclusive enclave of the Jaleh Spa and Pool, lavish meeting spaces, and the signature service of Four Seasons hotels and resorts worldwide. The Beaux Arts-style Four Seasons Hotel Baku is the first in Azerbaijan, and the 89th property in the company’s worldwide portfolio of hotels and resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Baku reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.