“Loved this hotel - can I have a permanent room?”

Four Seasons Hotel Baku
Ranked #1 of 118 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed @ the sensational four seasons last weekend for 3 nights. We upgraded ourselves to two rooms facing the Caspian sea. Our rooms were impeccable and spacious, the view of the Caspian sea /promenade was stunning.
We had our first meal at stylish Kaspia with a superb view of the flame towers. The hotel's location was perfect, a short walk to restaurants ie Sahil, Chinar, Mugam Club, Art Garden, and right next to the fascinating old city.
If I had an extra day I would have spent it at their spectacular pool & spa plus a second meal at Sumakh (not walking distance but the best of the restaurants we tried)

We popped over to Fairmont hotel and had a tour of their show room, a suite on the 9th floor. I preferred 4 seasons both for the style/decor, superb location & also thought the view from our rooms (719 & 720) was much better.

Minor room for improvement:
1) They provided tea at request but would be nice just to leave tea bags
2) during an afternoon nap I forgot to put the do not disturb sign on, & a staff came in without knocking
3) on our last day (a Sunday) we wanted to see a couple of museums ----the Taghiyev history museum (within walking distance) & the Heydar Aliyev cultural center (a cab ride away). I doubled checked opening hours with the concierge & he arranged transport for us, but both places ended up being closed. We also spent 180 azn to see the gobustan petroglyphs & mud volcanoes with a jeep arranged by hotel, got to see the petroglyphs but not the mud volcanos, as the driver did not speak English so we could not communicate with him.

Otherwise, we thought all the staff were wonderful, from the door guys to the front desk/concierge to the handsome GM.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Anilegna
FSBaku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Anilegna,

I would like to thank you for detailed and very useful comment.
I am more than happy that you were satisfied with your stay, but also gave us few points that need to be improved.
I will definitely pass them to my team members, and I truly hope to meet you again during your next visit to Baku.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel is located in the city center. Lovely views, especially in the night time from the rooms from the SOCAR Building side. You can watch he flames and lights from your balcony. The breakfast is nice. The beds is very comfortable. The lobby is gorgeous.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
FSBaku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Nicole,

It is great to hear that your stay was up to your expectations. We only hope that we can have you with us sooner then later.

Best,

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Excellent customer care starting from the airport transport, the warm welcome from the front office staff and best of all the detailed eye of Namiq Sirafilov the Manager of the Zafferano Restaurant for Breakfast. Breakfast in this hotel is a must!
The very best part of this property is the amazingly comfortable rooms in the traditional high standard of Four Seasons and the in room culinary delights that were arranged everyday including the local Mandarins and bite sized deserts. What a treat!
I have no doubt that under the watchful eye of the hugely experiences Four Seasons General Manager, Sam Ioannidis this property with its majestic building in Baku will become one of the very best in the Four Seasons chain.
The only thing I missed during my stay in this hotel were the traditional Four Seasons floral arrangements that should welcome every guest as they enter the grand lobby of this impressive hotel. Perhaps the next time I make it there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Bobby,

It is so wonderful to hear your impression of our hotel and our services; more importantly to hear you have truly enjoyed your stay with us here in Baku.

I will personally share your kind comments for our Restaurant Manager Namiq Sirafilov. Such esteemed professionals do make the big difference for us.

Many thanks for your sincere comments about our flowers. This, we will look into immediately so we meet your expectations next time.

Best regards,
Sam Ioannidis,

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I had an excellent stay,and the hotel is really nice. Great amenities. The hotel offered me an early check in for half price of a daily room, and was greater with a continental breakfast in my room. I am a woman travelling alone, and felt very secure in this hotel. Many thanks to Mr Stephane GRAS who made my stay very enjoyable. This is definitely a great place to stay, with an amazing location.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alexandra H

Dear Alexandra,

It is so wonderful to hear that we managed to make your stay enjoyable. It was great fun having you stay with us.

I will personally share your kind comments for our Hotel Manager Stephane Gras. We are so lucky to have such esteemed professionals with great hearts with us here in Baku.

So our next challenge is to exceed your expectations for next time.

Until then, my best regards,
Sam Ioannidis,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Excellent experience at this Four Seasons in Baku. The lobby restaurant is perfect for Breakfast/Lunch/Tea/Snacks, and Kaspia (rooftop restaurant) is not only a gorgeous atmosphere, but they have an exceptional menu for dinner. All of the staff (especially the manager @ the spa!) are friendly, extremely helpful & sincere. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with breathtaking views. Everything you could hope for. Its location is perfect. Only a short walking distance to high end shopping, "old town" exploring, and strolling along the Caspian Sea. I can't imagine staying anywhere else while in Baku!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
FSBaku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear MrsSoto,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment.
On behalf of the whole Four Seasons Hotel Baku team I would like to let you know how extremely happy we are to know that you are satisfied with your stay here.
Really hope to see you at Four Seasons Hotel Baku again!

My best regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

It was my first visit to Baku, and staying at the Four Seasons really is the BEST way to experience the city. It's a stunning property and the staff were so warm and friendly. It has an incredible penthouse spa with the most incredible pool, and I tried a Jaleh massage which was heavenly. The restaurants were fantastic and I particularly likes Kaspia on the top floor. I'd highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: The city view rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
FSBaku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear barney789,

Thank you so much for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Baku for your stay, and of course thank you for your wonderful comment you've left here on TripAdvisor.
I will pass your words to our big team.

We will be waiting for you to come back once again.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a business trip. It certainly isn't the cheapest of hotels but in terms or quality and service, it is excellent. Efficient and friendly check-in, staff very quick to bring some toothpaste when I found I had forgotten - very courteous and efficient.

Rooms are spacious and excellent. I was upgraded to a Caspian room, with a super view from the small balcony.

Very good breakfast, with great selection (the service was a little slow). The bar on the ground floor has great drinks and a decent food selection, although the live jazz is a bit lound if you want to chat in there.

All in all, a very good property

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
FSBaku, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear BeamishG,

It is a great pleasure not only for me but for the whole Four Seasons Hotel Baku team to read such a wonderful comment like yours.
We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to greet you again.

Thank you very much for your kind words,