“Really lovely”

Ranked #1 of 113 Hotels in Baku
Bangkok Thailand
“Really lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I usually like to stay in the Hilton, and did so 2 years back when it was new. I had passed h site of the 4 Seasons and had determined to stay there for my next business trip. It certainly is sumptuous, clean and tidy. The hotel staff were immaculate, service excellent at all levels, and exceedingly police.

I do have one caveat. I had a sea-view room, great vista of the Neftcilar Square, National flag and the Baku Bay; really nice at night, but and it’s a big but; The traffic noise is appalling, blowing of car horns almost constant from 7am through to midnight a massive disturbance, and police sirens and shouting via police-car loudspeakers also getting into the room. If I stayed at the 4 Seasons again, I’d have a rear room away from the roads.

Room Tip: Away from the roads - it's very noisy. Unfortunately away from the roadside rooms you don't...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nancledra53
FSBaku, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Baku, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear nancledra53,
Thanks a lot for sharing with us your experience and many thanks for such kind words.
We are really appreciate it.

Looking forward to host you again in our Hotel.
Baku is waiting for you.

Aynur Mamedova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I went to Baku for a 2-day business trip.

The hotel has just opened, so everything looks immaculate and new.

The rooms are big and very well decorated. The lobby is beautiful, the bar excellent and the restaurant very nice.

Staff is very well trained, courteous and always anticipated my needs.

My luggage was lost by Turkish Airlines from Istanbul, so I gave the reception my claim and they arranged for it to be picked up at the airport and delivered to my room by 10 the next day. I didn't have to do a thing... and I consider myself a control freak...

The beds are gigantic and very comfortable.

Imagine the best hotel you have ever stayed in Asia or Europe transported to Baku. That's what it is.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic!
1 Thank tonicocanto
FSBaku, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Baku, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Tonicocanto,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it means a lot to our team!
We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and are looking very much forward to welcoming you again in Four Seasons Hotel Baku!

Best regards,
Neuchatel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

... when you are booked at a Four Seasons, you arrive there with certain expectations. And it became the highlight of my stay in Baku -- on various levels: ambience, rooms, quality, service and its location at the sea boulevard and next to the Old City. It's one of the BEST hotels I have ever been to and I can strongly recommend this place. Congrats to the management and all the staff!

Room Tip: Rooms to the sea side may be the best but affected by some traffic noise. Rooms on the back side off...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FSBaku, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Baku, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Wolf L,

Thanks a lot for taking time and shared your experience in our Hotel.
We are looking forward to greet you again in our Hotel.

Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was real surprise! Four Seasons Hotel Baku is indeed high class hotel that can fulfill all your expectations. I am looking very much forward to enjoying the elegancy and class of it again. Congratulations.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view!
Dear Ivica S,

Thank you very much for your review. Highly appreciated. We are looking forward to host you again in our Hotel.

Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I travel the world extensively, and I have to say that this hotel has to be one of the best I have ever stayed in. The staff at check-in were outstanding. I arrived at the hotel around 8am. Check-in is 3pm onwards (like most hotels anywhere). The staff asked me to wait half an hour and then the room would be ready. I left my bags, and went for a walk along the seafront of the Caspian - they have done a lot of work here recently, and it really is looking good. I was last in Baku just under a year ago, and the city was under big development, but still looking tierd - it is come along leaps and bounds. I got back to the hotel, and my bags had already been moved to my quite palacial room, overlooking the sea.

Still some small teething issues that come with a new hotel, but on balance I have no hesitation in giving them a 5 star rating. If it's in your budget, look no further - this is a really professional, well turned out and comfortable hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the sea
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FSBaku, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Baku, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Alexsussex,

Nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel.
Hope to see you soon again.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Four Seasons Baku is the epitome of style and comfort in Baku. For me my Four Seasons experience began at the airport where a member of the bell team was waiting for me to escort me to my pre-arranged transfer in one of the hotel's S class Mercedes. Smooth ride and within 30 minutes we arrived at the stunning Four Seasons Baku. Room was spotless and well-appointed. Colours of the decor are soft grey and white with silver and black accents in the room. Being a new hotel, there were some minor adjustments which I required (water temperature and air conditioner needed to be tweaked) and I accidently re-set the entertainment system within my room. All of this was remedied quickly and with a smile. Nothing was too much for the staff. Dining was exceptional at both restaurants and the cigar bar was wonderful. Unfortunately, the pool was closed for maintenance during my stay in mid-October, however, alternative arrangements were made to use the facilities at the JW Marriott, including comp Mercedes roundtrip transfer. The staff always smiled and used my name when appropriate, special mention to Mona who even adjusted my tie before I set out for an engagement, such care and attention to detail. Whenever I returned after a day of sightseeing I always felt like I was entering another world when I stepped across the threshold...it was actually sublime.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
FSBaku, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Baku, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear PAGVancouver,

Many thanks for your review. We are highly appreciated.
Hope to have you back very soon. Would like to inform you that our pool in already ready and you could enjoy it during your next stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

The four seasons is a new hotel that just opened.It is perfectly located at the main boulevard and make sure to book a room with a view to the Caspian sea.Service is very good and food was delicious.The spa is great as in all Four Seasons.An overall great experience and one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Rynosw,

We are very glad to hear that you had a good time during your stay in our Hotel. Looking forward to greet you again in our wonderful Hotel.

Best regards,