“Exceeded my expectations and made me a Marriott customer”

JW Marriott Absheron Baku
Ranked #2 of 112 Hotels in Baku
London, United Kingdom
“Exceeded my expectations and made me a Marriott customer”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was in Hilton first 4 nights during my 12 day business trip in Baku. I was very happy in Hilton. Then I heard such good comments about Marriott and my colleagues arriving next week were also to stay in Marriott, so I switched, thinking, Hilton is so nice, what extra could Marriott offer???

I was wrong, Marriott falls in a different league altogether. It has really exceeded my expectations.

Same location as Hilton (one of the nicest areas in Baku). Modern rooms and with a better view. I can see the Caspian Sea (or bay or whatever it is), The Flame Towers, Baku boulevard, the tall Azeri flag all from my room windows.

The breakfast options in the Fireworks restaurant are excellent. Although I didn't like the dinner options there.

The room has so many extras - dental kit, shaving kit, umbrella, bath salt, a couple of cordless phones, etc. The shower is the most powerful shower I've ever experienced in my life but it may be my room only, am not sure about it.

Another think I like, they are generous in terms of supplying bottled water in your room every day.

The gym is 24 hours (same as Hilton) and the swimming pool is beautiful. Gym is very nicely maintained with beautiful top floor views, but without a rowing machine which was the only disappointment for me.

And yes, they've also put HDMI ports in the room so you can connect your PC to the TV.

Overall am very happy and next time I travel anywhere I'll look for a Marriott.

Room Tip: Go for the Sea View room, the view is beautiful with the Flame Towers always in your sight.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Petrolhead_UK,

First of all, we want to thank you for choosing JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel. From your positive comments we are very pleased to learn that our hotel could exceed all your expectations; also thank you for sharing your kind comments about our breakfast options in Fireworks, and highlighting the hotel's location, view, swimming pool and gym as well.

Of course, we will be looking forward to welcome you back again, and make your next visits much more memorable.

JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I visited the hotel Mariott Absheron and would like to say about high level of services there. The reception and front office team are friendly and helpful with good English. It's very clean and well organised. If you wonna look for something it's always someone from the staff to help you. We also had a two days business meeting in the hotel. It started with the safety and emergency info presented by hotel staff. I think it's very important to know where the assemly point is where is an emergency exit etc., They served tea and coffee with some cookies, sandviches in the are in front of the meeting rooms location and it was very comfortable.
The only thing I didn't like it was allowed to smoke at that area and it wasn't comfortable to drink a coffee and breath the tobacco smoke, especially if you I don't smoke at all.
I would recommend to the hotel management to do it non-smoking areas and to set up the special areas for smokers, not close to the general ones.
The view to the sea from the room is amazing especially in the evening time. The hose keeping in the room is also very good.
The food in the restaurant is much better I ever eaten in Baku hotels.
Recommend to the travellers to stay in this hotel when visit Baku, Azerbaijan.

Room Tip: Try to take the rooms with sea view. It's beautiful
2 Thank SNR79
Dear SNR79,

We are very pleased to review your kind comments about our hotel, to be exact, about the organization of the events, and thank you very much for sharing your feedback about our high level of service with Tripadvisor.com users.

Please accept our sincere apologies for inconvenience the smoke caused. We will review your comments with the concerned managers and do our best in order to prevent such kind of issues in the future.

Again, thank you for your attention and considering JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel one of the best hotels in the city.

Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I traveled to Baku for business for about 10 days and had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. The rooms are amazing with ample space, an open plan, and great views of the city. The gym is situated on one of the top floors of the hotel and offers some amazing views. There is a little known observation deck that is accessible from the 22nd floor that gives you a phenomenal panoramic view. The only downfall of this hotel was its lack of dining choices with only two restaurants. In their defense though, I think another restaurant was under construction. The hotel is within walking distance of the Park Boulevard and a short cab ride from the old city center. Overall, this hotel was a great place to stay for business. The ATM and currency exchange machines are located on the main floor were very convenient and the breakfast buffet has everything you can imagine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the city or the sea for better views.
Dear mannibalignasay,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments after your recent stay in JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel. We very much appreciate your positive feedback of the pool and gym area. We will be looking forward to welcome your on your next visits in our hotel.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been in Baku for the business in September. Marriott was the best option for me , because the location was near to workshop. Arrival and greetings were very excelent!!! I found the staff here very relaxed whilst being utterly professional and very helpful. I would like to thank Erkin and his team for assisting with taxi and local area attractions as well with quick problem and request resolution. The breakfast is excellent with high quality food. Internet was not free but I used it in lobby. One word - best property in Baku

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear SmitG78,

We highly appreciate your positive comments after your recent stay and want to thank you for taking time to sharing and reccomending our hotel to Tripadvisor.com users. Please note that your ratings and comments are very important for us and are shared with our team for encouragement and future improvement.

Again thank you for your feedback and for choosing the JW Marriott Absheron Baku and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit to Baku.

JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went to Baku on business and stayed at the JW Marriot in July 2013. The hotel is new, with ample beautiful rooms, amazing bathrooms, great gym and good food. The first room they assigned to me was in the back, right above some air conditioning equipment, which made it too noisy for me. They quickly moved me to the upper floors, which solved the problem . Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Best rooms have the sea view. Higher floors with no A/C noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear ValeriaUS,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments, and we are very pleased to learn that you liked our hotel. At the same time, please accept my apologies for inconvenience with the AC system, we do hope that you will never face such kind of difficulty again. It will be a great pleasure for us to greet you again in JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel.

With my kind regards,

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed October 19, 2013

It couldn't have been any better. Central location in Baku, quality of service, good personnel attitude, sanitary, swimming pool and fitness on the top floor, good internet speed, excellent open buffet breakfast... Designing and lighting of the rooms are perfect. However whilst some rooms have seaview others not. Moreover some rooms that are located at the back side have strong air-condition noise. For this reason, it would be better to book rooms on upper floors.

Room Tip: Whilst some rooms have seaview others not. Moreover some rooms that are located at the back side hav...
1 Thank Sterlitz
Dear Sterlitz,

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay, and want to thank you very much for posting your kind comments. Special thanks for highlighting the hotel's location and room options. And, of course, we will be looking forwart to welcome you again and provide you a high quality of the service.

Benoni, South Africa
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel has everything a businessman requires. The food in the various restaurants is superb and there are the usual spa, swimming pool and gym facilities. Large and comfortable rooms await and the beds will quickly take you to dreamland.
The staff are super-efficient, are multi-lingual and deserve accolades for the service they provide. The hotel is well-situated on the esplanade which is a treat to visit with a multitude of bars and restaurants on tap.
My only complaint is that the goods in the well-stocked mini-bar are extortionately priced. A nearby supermarket got my business in this regard.

Room Tip: I was in a standard room and more than sufficed for my needs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Keith G,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and highlighting the hotel's location, staff service and business facilities. We are very glad that could meet your expectations in this regard. It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again on your future visits and make your stay more memorable.