“Simply AMAZING!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 118 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel opened in 2012.
I cant say much more about the hotel apart from saying that it is truly amazing.
Breakfast is good, rooms are very nice. View from certain parts of the hotel are also amazing.
Spa and fitness is top notch.
Only observation is that internet is rather slow.
Loved this place

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear GPeto,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to leave a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at the JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel.

We are very pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay.
It gives us a pleasure to learn that you throughly enjoyed Hotel's prime location, your room , breakfast at Fireworks Oriental Kitchen as well as our Absheron Spa and gym.

We appreciate your comment in regard with internet speed. Of course we will review our settings in this regard.

Please note that your feedback and comments are very important for us and are shared with our team for encouragement and improvement.

Again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing the JW Marriott Absheron Baku and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit to Baku

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I would like to say that this is the best Marriott I ever stayed. Staff are super. When you are entering the hotel you can see smiling face of Yelena. Check in was very fast. Elevators and room very very nice and clean. Breafast nice, but service can be a little bit faster. Spa also nice with smiling faces. In the end I would like say thank you for such clean, nice and hotel with the best service...

• Stayed: March 2013
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Mr. Agayev,

Thank you for choosing JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared.

At the same time,we are very pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay.We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your future stay in JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

being guest of this hotel several times i would like to say "thank you" to hotel staff and managment. wonderfull location perfect service and always warm wellcome. special thank you for the hotel concierge department. they make my stay!! all my needs, help and recommendations!! best outstanding service!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Jomac78
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Jomac78,

We are very pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay.
We are also happy to know that our concierge service left you satisfied and our Associates in general were responsive to your requests and/or needs throughout your stay. There are feedbacks like yours which motivate us and our team to always improve and deliver best services to our valuable guests.

Please note that your comments are very important for us and are shared with our team for encouragement and improvement.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here for a week in Jan/Feb the hotel is nice reception staff were friendly. Had to call room service a couple of times because the room hadn't been cleaned but generally it is a nice hotel.
The main problem was they charged me twice for the stay as I paid in advance through Expedia and then the hotel said that they hadn't received it and charged me again and that was a month ago and I'm still waiting for a refund. So unimpressed with the Marriott on their customer service. I usually pay in advance and this is the first time that I have ever had this problem.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Donna H
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear DonnaH

Thank you for your recent comment.

My investigations over the past few days have uncovered that we never received payment from Expedia prior to your departure and as such we needed to charge you accordingly for the Accommodation.

This concern regarding pre-payment should have been made aware to you when you arrived on January 29 and I can only apologise that my team did not make you aware of this at the time.

It was on February 24, only a few days ago, that we were contacted by Expedia in regards to your booking questioning why you had been charged.

What was made apparent and addressed to Expedia was the fact that no payment advice was received along with the booking request and additionally, why it has taken 12 days for them to raise this concern with us.

The following day we received a method of payment from Expedia in regards to your stay and, as you may be already aware, we subsequently refunded the accommodation charges which were incorrectly billed to you.

Unfortunately we have still not heard from Expedia as to why it took them 12 days to action your concerns however I have my colleagues following up on this so as to ensure that this doesn’t occur again in the future to you or other guests.

Whilst this is never a nice experience, I trust that you can appreciate that we would never wish to double charge any guest and I hope that this does not cloud your otherwise enjoyable stay with us.

I sincerely apologise again for any inconvenience this has caused and I wish to thank for choosing to stay at JW Marriott Absheron Baku.

I hope your travels bring you back to Azerbaijan soon where I look forward to personally welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Guy Godet,
General Manager.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is truly one of the out-standing hotels in the city and that is a big statement when there are several first class hotels here. For someone who spends a large part of his business life traveling, I have a rather cynical view on both reviews and hotel service. But when it is of this level, then I can only applaud the standard of service and more importantly welcome. For a 5 star hotel, it has all of the amenities that you would expect but where is really excels over the others, is that little extra personal service and attention to detail. The welcome is friendly, helpful and genuine - no force smiles and rehearsed greetings but a genuine attempt to put the customer at ease, which they achieve effortlessly. SO rather than a gushing tribute - these guy's have gained my respect.

Room Tip: The corner suites over looking the sea are out-standing
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank jdmLondon

Dear jdmLondon,

I would like to thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay at the JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I must say that JW Marriott in Baku has almost all facilities to make your stay perfect: good location, perfect view, great rooms.Hotel is good for both business travellers and tourists.
The staff at the reception is friendly. The rooms are perfect, very modern, with fancy bathroom, very comfortable bed, espresso machine and great design.
Hotel has two restaurants:one is Italian and another offers azeri, punjab abnd persion dishes. I tried Italian and must say that food is really deliciose.
They have a very good spa with big swimming pool, sauna and the atmosphere over there is calm and relaxing! The only thing which was not great is that I got used shampoo and shower gel at the spa...Not only me by the way, so itäs not a coincidence therefore.That's not good to economize on such small things when you are managing JW Marriott, so I guess the management should pay attention at this.
Warning! The breakfast is quite expensive! The internet in the room as well. So be ready for some additional expenses!
Overall JW Marriott is certainly good hotel and definetely one of the best in Baku.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flower53_10

Dear Flower53_10,

We are very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your stay. At the same time, deep thanks for positive comments about our restaurants and spa.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is one of the best choices to stay in Baku. The rooms with sea view are large and fully equipped with all amenities a luxury hotel should have. It is recommended to stay in one of the executive rooms on higher floors with great view. The executive lounge has all services, provides full breakfast and canapés with a wide selection of drinks during the evening hours. The fitness, the swimming pool, the sauna are located at the top floors with stunning views of Baku modern and old city.
The service is great overall, yet the restaurant service (Fireworks) was slightly slow and not very attentive as it should be in such an upscale property.
Overall JW Marriott Absheron is the hotel to be in Baku.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank travelogue88
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear seawolf63,

We are very pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay.
It gives us a pleasure to learn that you throughly enjoyed our sea view room as well as our gym and pool facilities. We are also happy to know that food and beverage offerings at the Executive Lounge left you satisfied and our Associates in general were responsive to your requests and/or needs throughout your stay.

May I take this opportunity to wish you a wonderful Festive season and a very successful 2013!