Book In Advance

from $64.29
More Info
from $399.00
More Info
All reviews natural gas natural wonder rain or shine central baku oil wells worth a visit taxi driver entry fee panoramic view metro station interesting place visit this place caspian sea phenomenon hillside burns bonfire
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Yes, it is real! This burning mountain continuously flaming even if it is snowing.

So how to get here? Well we rented a taxi tour guide which is quite cheap for a halfday tour for only $60 (For 2, but can definitely accommodate 4 in the car) you can find them parked on the left side of the street in May 28th station which is the main station for bus, train and metro. Which is just opposite street of the tourism travel tours offices. Just ask them for the tour and they will provide the range. Oh not to mention the free wifi from driver's data package.

FYI - I have the contact number of our driver/tour guide let me know if you guys are interested.

We decided to make Yanar Dag our last destination during the tour because it might be better to see it in the evening than in day light and thank God we are right as it is so amazing!

Definitely a must see when in Azerbaijan as it is only here where you can find such phenomenon.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Don't try to go there
Long Way in difficult traffic
Not Deserve your visit
Less than what you can see it in the photo

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Yanar dag.. burning mountain is a natural gas fire which blazes continuously on a mountain in baku..

Reviewed 1 week ago

Oh man I was very excited and looking forward to visit this place, yet it turned out to be a huge disappointment, only one line of flames stretching for around 4-5 meters only, and nothing else to see.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a fire mountain that keeps omitting fire from the small pores, no any gush of strong wind, rain or anything could blow it off. The warmth it has could never been felt by me, even at an ample distance I could feel the heat and it was nearly impossible to stand right before it. One the most miraculous nature I witnessed so far.

1  Thank Lalarukh S
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Yanar dag means fire mountain.this mountain has been on fire for centuries. This is because of the oil rich base. It is quite a sight to see. A must visit when you are in Azerbaijan Baku

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Muds coming from underground ... I’m confused about here I don’t know I don’t recommend here to anyone cous it is time wasting attraction

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I did read a lot of reviews about this place, before visiting, so I was prepared, that it would not be the entire mountain on fire. It's just a few meters, but still impressing this is still burning after 4000 years. Our guide told us, before they started drilling for oil, there were many, many places like this, but this is the only one remaining.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Been here many times over the years and it is worth a visit. It can be called the "fire mountain" however it's more of a fire bank so don't be too disappointed if you had higher expectations.
I love the fact that you can get close to the fire, if it was in the UK H&S would have you behind a railing.
Some people go prepared with BBQ forks and marshmallows.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This site is not too far from the center of Baku. As an attraction it is very basic with a gravel car park, small ticket booth and horrible toilet, however the flame was just fascinating to watch.

It is getting smaller as we consume more gas so it will not be around forever so a must see site.

There is also a view over the city from the top of the hill.

Thirty minutes is enough here to get the experience.