“Excellent service”

Ranked #6 of 113 Hotels in Baku
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Hilton on a number of occasions but this is the first time I have given it 5 stars. Basically the service has vastly improved since my previous stays, particularly in the dining room.
They have really upped their game, still hate it that the Internet isn't free but would definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TolgaAytan, Manager at Hilton Baku, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Ms.Donna H

thank you very much for having stayed at the Hilton Baku, and also for having posted your review.

I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with the service provided by our team members and especially. We will continue investing in the training in our team to provide consistency.

I fully understand your opinion about free Internet, I am afraid we cannot offer free access in our rooms until the company makes that decision on a global basis but do so in public areas. Our HHonors Gold and Diamond members also enjoy free Internet.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Baku in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Europe
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Well, it is time to change hotels, never have I met staff that are like goldfish excuse my language but information is poorly given. I was told breakfast was at 5.30am when it is 6.30am. They use local black cabs for their clients and then charge double the normal price. Finally make sure you have a large budget, it is the most expensive hotel for food and drink I have ever come across in all of my traveling. Rooms are gorgeous and very clean and great sleep quality, but a smile and simple communication is more important to me, thus I will find a more suitable hotel.

TolgaAytan, Manager at Hilton Baku, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Saintpj,

Thank you for taking time to write your valuable comments about Hilton Baku.We are sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced regarding the opening times of breakfast.This information has been shared with our team to prevent any re-occurance.We will continue training our staff and up-keeping the facilities to ensure continuity and consistency.

Meanwhile, we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, and to any of the many Hilton family of hotels & resorts worldwide.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2012

It’s a ghastly piece of ploddingly bling style this hotel, but for quality of service I am in awe. A young guy on the front desk responded to a mundane and routine traveller problem (forgot my IPhone charger) by first scouring the hotel, and then requesting time off from his manager to go out personally and buy one for me, returning within half an hour with charger, receipt, and a refusal to accept a tip.

This is all the more striking because of how appalling most service levels in this city are: the rule here is poorly educated, poorly trained, under motivated and I imagine underpaid. People aren’t rude: they just haven’t understood or seen that there is another way.

Memo to the Baku Powers That Be: the hydrocarbon binge which constantly vomits up these generally grim Luxe Palaces will eventually come to an end. Unless in the meantime you educate and train your people, the hangover is going to be world class.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
TolgaAytan, Manager at Hilton Baku, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear 5marh1,

I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with the service provided by our team members and especially Front Desk. We will continue investing in the training in our team to provide consistency.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Baku in the near future.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I'd be the first to admit that the city of Baku did not impress me all that much. Although parts of it is very beautiful, I simply never got the groove in Baku. I stayed at the Hilton primarily because somebody else was paying, and thought it was wonderful. The pool and hammam (free of charge) on the 23rd floor was by best experience of the whole journey to Baku. A great pool with a view over the city and the Caspian sea. And the hammam was pure bliss. I came out energized and content. Excellent. I had no problems with the elevator as others have reported. To the contrary, I thought the elevators were great with the "outside" design. The staff tried hard to be friendly, and the breakfast was good (but not great).The location is superb with easy access to the splendid boardwalk along the water. Would absolutely return, especially if somebody else picks up the bill!

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for having stayed at the Hilton Baku, and also for having posted your review.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the facilities and services of Hilton Baku, especially eforea spa and the panoramic elevators. We will continue to invest in the training of our team members to ensure consistency in service.

Scotland
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Nice sea-front location and impressive building in itself. Ideal for walking along harbour Boulevard and neighbouring Shopping Mall Bulvar is also convenient should you want some recognised eateries.

An upmarket Hilton. Gym & Spa facilities are excellent. Rooms are comfortable and have all the required amenities. A pleasant stay for a Business Traveller in Baku and staff are attentive.

Dear Sarah Grant,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! We will continue to invest in the training of our team members to ensure consistency and to further improve the guest satisfaction.

Warm regards,

Tolga Aytan
Baku
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Was at Sky Grill @ Hilton and must say that the meal matched the view. The meat was juicy, wine selection fair and the waiter very good. From start to end the meal was a joy.. on the expensive side, hence this becomes a celebration restaurant for me. Definitely recommend a visit to this restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Star0485,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Baku, and also for posting your comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the dinner and evening in general at the Skygrill. We are looking forward to welcoming you again the near future.

Kind Regards
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The pros: a very nice location, right on the Boulevard, safe, 15 min walk to the pedestrian zone and downtown, next door to a large shopping mall, a newer property, a clean room with the modern design, great breakfast (got it for free cause it was part of the deal)!
The cons: a very slow check-in and check-out; when we arrived due to a rally, the streets around the hotel were closed and bellmen were watching me and my colleague walking for 300 m with heavy suitcases, they made an attempt to help only when we were entering the hotel lobby; in spa got my appointment for facial rescheduled twice and as the bottom line, the facial lady was late for the appointment... :)
To sum up, my stay was nice, but mainly because I felt in love with Baku 7 years ago and I am still in love with this one of the most undiscovered gems in the world.. and the hotel location was excellent to help discover more of the city's secrets. However, if I would have to pay for this hotel from my own pocket, I would probably try to find smth else with a slightly better service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SmileyTravel
TolgaAytan, Manager at Hilton Baku, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

While happy to see that you were satisfied with most of our services, I am sorry to see that we failed to meet your expectations in arrival at the hotel and spa services. Please accept my apologies for our shortfalls and the inconvenience we have caused. The City Challenge Car races indeed restricted access not only to the hotel but to the down town area in general. Unfortunately we had no control over the roads that were blocked but tried to ease the restrictions by providing guests checking in and checking out of the hotel by shuttling them to the contact desk by golf carts and also by helping with the carrying of their luggage. Obviously our team members failed to identify and react in assisting you. Regarding the Spa treatment being late this is unacceptable and has been brought to the attention of the Spa manager and corrective action has been taken to make sure that such incidents do not happen again.

Meanwhile, I certainly hope that these incidents do not prevent you from favoring our Hilton family of hotels wherever your travels take you.