“Great hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 114 Hotels in Baku
Aix-en-Provence, France
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I'd never been to Baku before and when my company sent me there I was put up in the Hilton. It's a new hotel, both in design and decor, and as someone who is frequently put up in places that look and feel just like the last place you were in - to the point where you can actually forget which country you're in - this was a refreshing change. I loved the mod cons: 5 fast elevators where you type in which floor you want to go to on a panel then the computer tells you which lift is speeding towards you; the rotating bar on the 25th floor, giving you a panoramic view of downtown and the water front. And what friendly staff! Baku is undergoing a transformation; opposite the hotel is a shopping centre with all the stores you'd find in Regent Street and to further confuse the poor Brit, there is a Debenham's and a London cab rank right outside. The hotel is not fully joined up on WiFi were you had to pay 15quid to a 3rd party supplier but it's a very minor point. For location, room quality, service, pure modernity (i.e. in an Apple way, where everything is friendly) plus the friendliness of the staff and the food (make sure you book the restaurant well in advance) this place surely cannot disappoint.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the East wing because you'll get better views of the Caspian coast and landsca...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank dadhibb
Manuel Avila A, General Manager at Hilton Baku, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Dear guest (dadhibb), thank you very much for having selected our Hilton Baku for your stay in the city in the month of March, and also for having posted your review. I am very pleased to learn that you found most of our facilities and services to your satisfaction, and that you also enjoyed our location. In reference to Internet, I can assure you that our prices are in line with the rest of comparable hotels, and that we uniquely offer free access in our public areas. Staff training and up keeping of the facilities will continue to be at the top of our priorities, to ensure that we offer the highest quality of service. Looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hilton Baku, and to any of the Hilton family of hotels & resorts worldwide. Sincerely.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Sevran, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Brand new hotel in the centre of Baku. The rooms are beautiful as are the bathrooms with nice tiles and shower and bath tubs.
Excelent service.
I stayed at the executive floor where you have access to a nice lounge overlooking the Caspian Sea. Very nice and relaxing lounge for a quiet and nice breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank stefqatar
Dear guest (stefqatar), thank you very much for having stayed with us at the Hilton Baku, and for having posted your review. I am very pleased to learn that you found our facilities and services to your satisfaction. Rest assured that we will continue to invest in staff training and up keeping of the facilities to guarantee the highest standards of quality. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hilton Baku, and to any of the Hilton family of hotels & resorts worldwide. Sincerely.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I like this hotel very much. Food is awesome and taste. Nice decor. Everything is cozy and clean.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank Emin199
Manuel Avila A, General Manager at Hilton Baku, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear guest (Emin 199), thank you very much for having stayed at our Hilton Baku in January, and for having posted your review. I am pleased to learn that you find our hotel to be cozy and clean, and that you like the food in our restaurants. Rest assured that we will continue to strive for excellency, by tranining and motivating the staff, and also by maintaining high quality of service and products used in our gastronomic offer. Looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hilton Baku, and to any of the Hilton family of hotels & resorts around the globe. Sincerely.
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stayed here on business in early February. Honestly I was blown away by the high-end rooms. They were extremely well decorated and very clean with nice linens, a flat screen tv, and a nice, big bath tub. My room had a beautiful view of the Caspian.

The included breakfast was one of the largest buffets I've ever seen with a large selection of unique baked goods, warm food (eggs, sausage, french toast), a full bar of cheeses and meats and a selection of cereals, juices, and olives/crackers/vegetables. The food was excellent.

The service was also excellent. I was there during a blizzard and the staff wen tout of their way to check the flight status for me periodically. I also (stupidly) wanted to go out to see the Caspian up close before I left and one of the staff actually walked me outside in the middle of a snow storm to show me which direction to walk.

The hotel is also very centrally located--a short taxi drive to the old city (or maybe a 15 minute walk if you have better weather than I had!). Also I highly recommend checking out the 25th floor bar at night. It offers a 360 degree view of the city, local alcoholic drinks (such as Azerbaijani cognac) and its very swanky.

This is a very new hotel and you can tell they have a few small kinks to work out before it runs completely smoothly. For example, the first time I ran a bath the water came out brown, my colleague got locked in his room by accident because the door jammed. None of these small problems overshadow how lovely this hotel is.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Caspian
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank isaleistar
Manuel Avila A, General Manager at Hilton Baku, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Dear customer (isaleistar), thank you very much for having stayed at our Hilton Baku, and also for posting your review. I am pleased to learn that you found our facilities and services to your satisfaction. I particularly appreciate your comments on our staff. I must also admit that we indeed have a few "small kinks" to work out, and I can assure that we are working hard at taking corrective actions that guarantee a seamless stay to our guests. Please convey our apologies to your friends, who were locked in the room. We have fixed the problem. Looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hilton Baku, and to any of the great Hilton family of hotels & resorts worldwide. Sincerely. Manuel.
Louth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Pay the extra for the Executive Rooms and enjoy the small but comfortable lounge on the 17th floor. Simple buffet breakfast is available as well as free coffee and evening drinks. Rooms very comfortable and air conditioning works ok (it was winter). bathroom great and plenty of hot water. The gym and particularly the pool, are well worth a visit.
Always easy to pick faults with any establishment but this is a good quality business hotel and even after two lengthy visits I would certainly return.

Room Tip: Go for the executive rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank WilliamHoward89
Manuel Avila A, Director General at Hilton Baku, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear customer (WilliamHoward89), thank you for having stayed at our Hilton Baku, and for having taken the time to write this review. I am very pleased to read that you found our facilities and services to your satisfaction, and that the Executive Lounge caused such good impression on you. I can assure you that we will continue to strive for excellency, investing in staff training and keeping up our facilities. Looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hilton Baku, and to any of the Hilton family of hotels & resorts worldwide. Sincerely. Manuel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

We had a short stay there, though we live in Baku. This is by far the best hotel in the city and one of the best Hilton's I have stayed. It is brand new, and while other 5 star hotels are still being finished, to me there is no alternative to this hotel in this city. It is just across the sea boulevard - great for slow walking or running.

Rooms are very spacious, nice colors, and all the amenities you need. The restarurants are very nice too. The breakfast was very tasty and service quick.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: Higher floors overlooking the sea
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank airwav
Manuel Avila A, Director General at Hilton Baku, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear customer (Airwav), thank you very much for having elected to stay at our Hilton Baku, and for your feedback. I am pleased to read that you found our facilities and services to your entire satisfaction. I can assure you that we will continue to invest in training the staff and up keeping the facilities to maintain the highest standards. Looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hilton Baku, and to any of the great Hilton family of hotels & resorts worldwide.
Washington State
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Overall this hotel is very good but the dirty windows were depressing. The hotel has a great location on the Caspian Sea and is walking distance of old town. The view would have been fabulous had it not been for the dirt. There is a mall/grocery store across the street.

The staff are delightful and so anxious to be helpful. Its a new hotel and the staff don't seem to have been informed as to its features. However they cheerfully find the answers to all questions. There was no documentation in the room - which is pretty unusual.

Breakfast was fine. I later learned that staff would do on-demand omlettes but they don't inform you unless you ask. This a hotel where things have to be discovered.

The room and bathroom were lovely. The design is the same as all other Hiltons but everything is new. I loved having a pot to boil water. I wish the windows were bigger and that tthe windows opened. My room was too hot which made sleeping difficult. Changing the thermostat or turning it off had no impact on the temperature. I should have informed the frontdesk but I didn't.

The swimming pool on the top floor is fabulous!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank KerryBorn
Manuel Avila A, Manager at Hilton Baku, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you very much for having stayed at our Hilton Baku, and for providing your feedback. I am terribly disappointed that we did not exceed or even meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences we may have caused you.

Your comment on the windows is indeed correct. We have faced some unfortunate red tape regarding the contract with the cleaning company, but we should start cleaning within the next 10 days.

As to the guest service directory, we had indeed retrieved them from the rooms, to add a few more inserts, and they were re-deployed last week.

I am most concerned that you found the staff not to be fully knowledgeable of our products and services. I will discuss this with the heads of department and the staff to ensure that we re-enforce training where required. Otherwise, I am pleased that their attitude was correct and helpful.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, and to any of the many Hilton family of hotels & resorts worldwide.