“Nice Hotel... Comfortable Stay!”
Review of Pullman Baku

Pullman Baku
Ranked #3 of 116 Hotels in Baku
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I am here in Kempinski, Baku at this moment on a business trip for a week and spend most of my time in hotel.

The Rooms are very spacious, clean and beautifully designed. Housekeeping department deserves a special mention for keep rooms spotless and the housekeeping supervisor is a great guy and always making sure things are just perfect.

The Gym is truly world class... Spacious, all modern equipments and great atmosphere overall. Swimming pool is great too!

Breakfast has wide variety of options and dinner is great too.... can't complain about the food.

Only 2 issue I have noticed is location since hotel is a bit far from all the action in the city. I would suggest them to consider shuttle service every hour in the evening to and from City Centre as I have seen this service in many European hotels which are away from city centre. Second Issue is speed of Internet... the signal drops all the time and its not really expected in a hotel like Kempinski.

But all and all I am very happy with my stay and looking forward to coming days!

Saurav Joshi

Room Tip: Select Room on the higher floors for a better view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Kempinski Baku M, General Manager at Pullman Baku, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Mr Joshi,

thank you very much for your kind comments and suggestions. It gives me great pleasure to share your views with our team. We are constantly monitoring our Internet Speed and currently have large capacity. I will check this again with our IT people. I appreciate your suggestion of a bus service to the city. I will certainly look into this again, but cannot promise a service in the near future. In the meantime why not use our nimble Baku London Taxis - they are always available at the hotel at short notice and bring you there twice as fast as any bus transport! And they are fun to ride in. We hope that we may see you back in our care on a future visit. Cordial regards,

Pierre U. Stacher

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed in the hotel once for about a week.
Rooms are good, with all amenities included.
The stuff is a bit strange, however I guess this has to do with the local mentality.
The hotel a bit far from the center of Baku, so you will definitely need to take a taxi.
You must surely try the massage choices provided, as well as the relaxing room at the basement of the hotel.
Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I am staying at this hotel for just over three weeks and my first impressions are very good. Staff are friendly, the rooms are big and clean, the hotel has excellent fitness equipment and pool and the food is good. Ok the wifi is slow but that's the same in most hotels and the prices are a little high, but over all I like it. I will review again in a few week and let's see if its still as good?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Kempinski Baku M, General Manager at Pullman Baku, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for your feedback and I am pleased with your positive comments.
Whilst you are staying in the hotel I invite you of course to share any concerns with my team members or me directly. We just boosted the capacity of wi-fi reception by a few megabytes and I hope that you will feel the difference.
Keep on enjoying your stay with us and in Baku.
Cordial regards

Pierre U. Stacher

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in this hotel on a tour. Location of the hotel was a bit away from town. If there were no traffic jam, it just took less than 15 minutes to reach downtown. However, it might take more than an hour when traffic jam was very serious during day time. The hotel was one of the most beautiful 5-star hotels in Baku. The bell boy who helped to handle our luggage was extremely helpful, efficient and enthusiastic. Unfortunately, the technician who was being called to fix our TV looked furious and annoying. As the TV did not work after it was switched off the first evening, we did not bother to trouble the technician to fix it again. As a result, we were unable to check what channels were available.

The size of the room was average with a small balcony and very clean. The twin beds were very comfortable but very narrow. In room WiFi was strong and there were 4 complimentary computers for guests’ use in a room next to the lobby. There was also a small bank inside the hotel which dealt with all money exchange matters and exchange rates were acceptable. There was an outdoor swimming pool where pool side party could also be held. Breakfast was good with good juices and fresh fruits, enough varieties of bread and Danish pastries. Eggs were made to order and there was fresh honey comb available to go with waffles etc.

Baku at night was very beautiful as many buildings were lit up and the newly built Flame Tower had light show on its glass walls. It was a 'must see'.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Due to my work I stayed 12 nights cleanness of rooms very good.. Staffs are good very kind and smily but they need job knowledge worst cuisine I ever seen..if you go at closing time no food will be available and they will tell you directly it's closing time..

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed in this hotel quite a few times over the past 5 months due to my work. Staff are always very helpful, and will go out of there way to help you. The rooms are very spacious and beds are very comfortable, always get a good nights sleep.
They have a good leisure and spa facilities, and have used the swimming pool on a few occasions.
The hotel is situated a few km's from town, but it is easy to get a taxi. It costs around 4 - 5 AZN into town.
Food is a buffet service, which is okay. Can be a bit repetative, but its each to there own.
My only negative and again its my perspective, is that is very few english speaking TV channels, wish there was more to choose from

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed just one night on a business trip to Baku. Wonderful rooms and professional helpful staff. They fixed a tiny technical TV Remote problem in minutes. Took me about 15 minutes by taxi to reach the city center on a weekday evening. Overall good service for the price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Kempinski Baku M, General Manager at Pullman Baku, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Mr Baskomurcu,
thank you for your most positive comments on our hotel. It is a pleasure to share these with all our team members for encouragement. I look forward to your next stay with us.
Cordial regards,