“Good but SLOW”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Caramel Cafe
Cuisines: International
Description: Http://www.lonelyplanet.com/azerbaijan/baku-baki/entertainment-nightlife/444163
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Good quality food, but the staff seems lost in another dimension. They can keep you waiting for an average of 30 minutes before serving you an orange juice... Definetely friendly and good western cuisine.

There are newer reviews for Caramel Cafe

Reviewed September 3, 2011

I visited Bake several time and I tried Cafe Caramel several time and now I can say that this place is by far one of the best place in Baku. The quality of the food is outstanding, the burgers are excellent as the salads, the pasta ( i am a spoiled Italian) is delicious. The ice-cream is home made and is really good. The espresso made me feel at home.
This place is perfect for a business lunch but it is also charming with the family. Staff is kind , professional and English speaking. Cafe Caramel opened a new restaurant in the Old City where the dinner is very charming. A special note for the wine Chianti Classico Riserva Label Foho.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

Caramel Cafe is just a little place on a side street in the center of town, easy to miss if you aren't looking for it. I've eaten there a couple of times, and the first time, I was very impressed. Inside it was almost empty and the waiter was very welcoming. The decor is very plain, but with an eye towards hipness. They have wireless Internet, which is great for those with a laptop, but there's only one place they'll allow you to plug in your computer, and if this table is taken, you're out of luck.

The food is pretty good. A very western menu with lots of sandwiches and exciting looking icy beverages. Don't get your hopes up too much about the smoothies and frappaccinos. They're very expensive and mostly consist of bland foam. Overall, I would love the food here if it were a smidge cheaper. My other complaint is that the second time I came here, the service was much, much worse. The cafe wasn't even that busy; usually the waiters were just hanging out behind the counter talking and eating snacks. And the third time I came here, I was alone, and even though there were a couple of free tables, I was told that they weren't for people who were only a party of 1. This really stunned me - I've never been turned away from a cafe because I was just one person. But that aside, if you want a decent sandwich in a not-too smoky atmosphere, this place is okay.

Reviewed July 2, 2010

food, drinks, deserts & atmospere very good visit to cafe caramel

1  Thank Alperha
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I don't know how they do it, but this is the only place in the world where I have had Illy espresso (usually a horrible idea) and it was actually good! Specifically, I had my usual double-shot cappuccino, and I was pleasantly surprised. My guess is that the critical variable here is the espresso machine and the baristas who understand that the entire process of making coffee. The food is also good and not overpriced, and a fun atmosphere, with an upper deck if you want to have some privacy. Definitely recommended!