See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2018

It was a good hostel with the basics - clean, nice double bed, warm, though WiFi was a little hit and miss. I would avoid the common area if you're a single female. Lots of unwanted conversations that I had to shut down. 10 manat laundry service was good and convenient.

On my second night here, I leaned against the hot water tap in the shower and burned my bum so badly. It blistered, peeled and has left a permanent scar. It can't be safe if a person can sustain a second-degree burn just from learning against it.
Some people get t-shirts, I got a potato-shaped scar on a delicate area. Cheers, Baku.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 23, 2017

This budget hotel is in the middle of the city. The amenities are basic but okay for the price you pay.
Despite the location, it is very quiet as it is located in a parking compound behind the main gates so expect a good night sleep.
Staff are friendly and speak english, many backpackers here so place your queries to them.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

The 'dorm' is a small room behind reception. It's made even noiser by the guy who 'works' nights. He sleeps in the dorm, snores like a buzzsaw, sleeps through the doorbell, reception phone and his mobile. Oh and thinks it's ok to reduce female visitors to tears by calling them 'whores'. How he's not been fired is amazing.
The toilet is a small one (with a bad lock) in the staff area, and to shower they try and find a room in the hotel guests have just left, sometimes they're disgusting.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank GS3294314
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

We looked at this place online and everything seemed great - adequate dorm room, good location and free parking. Unfortunately it was too good to be true... there was no bathroom!

At first I couldn’t really believe it. I looked around the room, around the common areas and checked upstairs but there really was no bathroom! I asked at reception and the guy on duty said I could use the staff toilet and if I needed a shower I could get a key for one of the rooms upstairs and use a shower there. That all sounded ok, except that it wasn’t really ok. You couldn’t always access the staff toilet, and I tried to have a shower twice and failed. The first time I got a key for one of the upstairs rooms but found no running water, and the second time the rooms were full so I was told “sorry, you can’t shower”. I really, really needed to shower that point, partly because it was 40 degrees outside, and partly because we were leaving Baku the following day to take a ferry over the Caspian Sea (where showers would be even more limited..).

In the end I waited until the staff toilet was free, and then washed in the sink. I wouldn’t have minded, but seeing as I paid for a hostel you would think a bathroom came as part of the deal!

Not sure if I was supposed to realise in advance that there is no bathroom if you stay in the dorm (couldn’t see it on the website, but maybe it is there somewhere). It’s such a shame, because otherwise this would be a great place.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Georgia1989
Reviewed August 22, 2017

I decided to book the Guest House Inn based on the fact the hostel was offering a dorm ensuite with security lockers. At the Hostel we discovered we had been placed in a dorm room with no bathroom at all. To shower we had use a private room's shower, this was only possible between check out and check in times to ensure the room wasn't occupied. We had to use the staff toilet (in their laundry room). Also, no lockers and the staff denied their hostelworld profile was theirs. They also claim to be wheelchair friendly - FALSE. When we asked why we were not getting what we had booked, the receptionist decided she could no longer speak english. In addition to this the hostel receptionist kept entering the dorm to nap. The next day we were asked to leave without being refunded the booking deposit. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Room tip: Book a private room if you need to use the bathroom because the dorm room does not have any at all.
Date of stay: August 2017