All reviews fountain square shared kitchen place to stay old city beds tv english azerbaijan balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

With reasonable price this is a good option for residence in city centre. Baku boulevard, old city, fountain square are at walking distance. Rooms are clean. I had booked a suite. Which was clean, large and with attatched washroom. Restaurants are easily available. Kitchen is also available for tea or self cooking. Sitting lounge also available and wifi also makes stay pleasant. Overall good place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 997hamzahh
Reviewed November 6, 2017

I had booked this Hotel weeks in advanced and paid a deposit. When I showed up I was told they had overbooked and there was no room for me. Imagine show up in a foreign country in a hotel you booked and paid in advance a deposit with your credit card on file and being told there is no room for you.

Room tip: Do not stay here
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Arvinder_atx
Reviewed October 16, 2017

First of all its not a hotel. Its a hostel. Dirty and booking.com advertising this as a hotel and cancellation any time. I went to the hotel, smells like a sausage and felt like I'm in a hostel. So as soon as I saw room I decided won't stay there. Was really horrible place. But manager didn't let me without paying them. So Ill be taking this with booking.com I won't recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ZIYAD G
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Perfectly located 50 metres off Fountain Square, where apart from the many fountains, there is also located many restaurants, bars and the obligatory McDonalds!
Also very near to the Walled Old Town, flooded with history, culture and beauty.
Baku Palce hotel is clean, comfortable the staff friendly.

Room tip: Large rooms available.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Gary B
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

The location is ideal. Just a short stroll from the main tourist areas so you can always quickly get home quickly if you get too warm or tired. You should definitely stay in this part of town as a tourist.

The rooms are spacious and air conditioned. Cable TV which was nice, only news channels in English language if that is all you can speak.

Service was very poor. When I arrived I had to wait 40 minutes for someone who spoke English to check me in. When he did arrive my room had not been vacated by the previous guest so I had to wait another 40 minutes.
On my second day when I was leaving, a man sitting in the lobby shouted at me that I had to leave my room key behind. This had not been explained to me when I checked in and I had not had to do it the day before. He said he was security but the staff have no uniform or ID so I didn't know whether or not to trust him.
It turned it out he did work there, but it would have all been fine had I been told this policy when I checked in.

Airport transfer organised at the desk was on time and ok value at 22 manat.

Date of stay: August 2017