See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

This was my second trip to Baku and my second stay at this hotel. I would say the hotel has declined since I was last there about 4 years ago. The location is ideal and only a 2 minute walk from the main square. The rooms are spacious but they are basic. On arrival the TV was not working and it took some time to get staff to fix it. The bed was quite uncomfortable and there were no spare pillows. There was also no 'do not disturb' sign for the door so on both mornings I was woken up by the cleaner knocking on the door. The hotel does have free wifi but it was temperamental and slow. The hotel also has no lift so could be an issue if you were disabled or elderly and couldn't climb the stairs. It is however reasonably priced. For a night or two it's not a bad hotel but if you were staying for longer there would definitely be better options.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Calum M
Reviewed May 28, 2017

It is located in a good part of city but on such a road that does not have even lighting. Du port has high pricing policy, but why I could not get it, because it was not as high quality as it's price is. Wifi connection was dead. Bathroom is too old and small. Refrigerator even was not working.

Room tip: Bathroom is too small on second floor
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Tornike D
Reviewed April 29, 2017

I was in Baku on business, and wanted to stay near Fountain Square. I found the Du Port Hotel on Trip Advisor, and it looked as though it would do the trick.
I arrived late on a Sunday night, amidst an electrifying thunder storm. Fortunately, the transfer arranged by Du Port was on time, and it took about 40 minutes from airport to hotel.
The reception area is down a few steps from footpath level, and is quite tiny. The male receptionist was a little unkempt, and not very friendly. However, he did help me with my large suitcase, as there was no lift, and my room was on the 4th floor. The room was tourist class, and rated by the Azerbaijan Tourist Authority as 3 star. I think they added one star too many.
However, the room was of good size, and included a desk, couch, coffee table, and decent wardrobe. The bathroom was similarly spacious, and had a "cubicle" shower.
Overall, the room was very tired, and could do with a good steam clean. As could most of the hotel. The cleaning lady was efficient, and laundry was returned the same day.
Each floor had a small common area, which included a couple of couches and a coffee table.
Breakfast was served in the Top Beer pub, which is part of hotel. No variety, no a la carte, for 19 days I was given a tray loaded with cornflakes, milk, yoghurt, packaged juice, 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs, an assortment of processed ham, cheese, and other bits and pieces, bread basket, sweet biscuits, and Azeri tea. Not bad, considering it was gratis. Small problem being that breakfast was not served until 8am. And, as breakfast was served in the pub, the smoke from the night before was always overwhelming.
Another issue with the reception staff. As I was staying in the hotel for more than 10 days, it was the hotel's responsibility to advise the Immigration Department of my stay. I had asked the Reception to register me from day 1; when I got to day 9, the registration still had not been done. I ended up spending half a day finding the Immigration Office, and was told by the Immigration Officer that registration was the Hotel's responsibility, and that I should leave it up to the hotel. The Du Port finally got their act together, and the registration was done at the last moment. I could have received a AZN400 fine, due to the lackadaisical nature of the receptionist.
Cable TV was OK, internet extremely intermittent.
I also ventured into the Top Beer pub on a number of evenings, whether to have a quiet beer, or a meal. Now this was a big surprise! The food was voluminous, quite tasty, and extremely cheap. But.........the service was of about the same standard as the reception!
In summary, you get what you pay for. Location was superb, so that part of my mission was achieved. The Hotel itself could do with a thorough clean and makeover, and the staff should could do with a good dose of enthusiasm. But at $49 a night, It is pretty good value.

Room tip: Beware, there is no lift!
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Sagitaur
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

The very thing about this hotel is its location. It's in a terrible cheap road motel condition but pricing policy is as if it was at least 5 stars. Wifi connection is too slow. Rooms are not well cleaned. Bathroom is too old and demands urgent repairs. Refrigerator makes so much noise that could sleep well. Room carpet is so dirty that can't find polite way to describe it.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank 279ziyam
Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

The only thing that worths for this hotel is the location. The rooms are very dirty and lot of dust everywhere. You even dont feel safe staying on this hotel.
Would definetely not recommend it to stay.
The bar is not like shown in the pictures, very dark place and not clean.

Date of stay: April 2016