“GREAT Walking Tour of Yerevan”

and 1 more site!
Envoy Hostel and Tours
Ranked #1 of 177 Specialty Lodging in Yerevan
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I highly recommend the walking tour of Yerevan by Envoy Tours. The guides are great and you learn a lot about the city history. It is well worth the token price to take a couple hour walk through different parts of the city. And, again the guides are great! They offer two tours, (an afternoon and night) and I recommend that you try both of the tours.

Room Tip: I did not stay in the hostel - I took the tour.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank iowaaggie

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I've stayed here a few times now when I've visited Armenia, and have always enjoyed my stay. It's clean, safe and in good condition. Breakfast is simple but adequate and there are plenty of places within a few minutes walk for more upmarket stuff at good prices.

The atmosphere in the place was good and I had a good time meeting new people and going around the city and the surrounds. Make sure you try the local pizza called lahmoojoon, they are cheap and delicious!

Keep up the good work guys, and I'll be back to stay on my next visit

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank serendipitysydney
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I liked the atmosphere in this hostel which is also perfectly located for walking around town. The staff is amazing and tries to help you with everything and go way beyond a normal customer service. Coming back from a day tour with them I was invited to have cake and wine with the staff because it was our guide's birthday that day.

The tours are great and of excellent value. Went on two tours (Enlightened Armenia and Enlinking Caucasus) and both were great with cool guides.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TobyLeupold
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our Enlinking Caucasus tour going from Tbilisi Georgia to Yerevan Armenia. Our guide, Marine, was wonderful - very knowledgable and professional while, at the same time, being quite funny and making us feel very comfortable. As I expected, Haghpat and Sanahin Monasteries were wonderful sites. What I didn’t expect was how elaborate, delicious and enjoyable the BBQ picnic lunch was. What a great addition to the tour. And if that wasn’t enough, we had the extra treat of stopping at the fabulous bakery for sweets and amazing, fresh-from-the-tonar oven bread.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DinoMs
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

This hostel has the worst atmosphere of any I've visited. It's more of a place dirty old men use for cheap accommodation. This place is absolutely NOT a youth hostel. Breakfast is bad too. However, the staff are very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
envoyarmtraveler, General Manager at Envoy Hostel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Trekker582

We respect and care for all who come to stay with us and we strive to offer the best in customer service to all. We tend to attract travelers with a passion for adventure and a genuine keenness to learn about the local culture and history, making a great basis for conversations with fellow guests. Although our guests vary in age the average guest is typically within their 20's and 30's - your feedback seems to be quite far from our normal demographics and that you have not experienced the true atmosphere of our hostel.

Breakfast is a selection of local produce including the home made organic jam made by locals as we strive to create income streams and give back to the community. We also offer a breakfast upgrade for those who prefer a larger breakfast in the morning. Thus we strive to meet the needs of all our guests.

We hope our paths cross again and that you may experience a wonderful time at our hostel, known for its warmth and hospitality.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hostel is located close to the city center, about 5/10 minutes walk to the main sights of Yerevan. And its located in the pub street :) , note that the most pubs close here at 12:00pm.

The hostel is very clean and has every thing a backpacker/traveler needs. There are plenty of showers and toilets, divided for men and woman. In the basement is the common room, where are also computers and the kitchen. They also serve breakfast here, which is the same every day ( bread,cheese,jam and kind of pasty) Every bed has his own power socket and locker, and rooms are equipped with airco.

The staff are so cute and helpful, they made my stay here awesome. There are plenty of tours which are accompanied by members of the staff. I can advise the overnight tours where you stay with local people in the north-east of Armenia close to Azerbaijan.

This place is certainly one of my favorite hostels.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank BenNL88
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed here and at their hostel in Tibilisi. We also took two day tours. The hostels were clean. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. All were fluent in english. I booked with them because the hostels looked clean and was surprised with the lovely staff and tours. The tours stopped for lunch with local families, putting money in the local economy.The food was great. the location of both hostels was very convenient and safe.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family