“Excellent hostel with friendly and helpful staff”

Envoy Hostel and Tours
Ranked #1 of 199 Specialty Lodging in Yerevan
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I have stayed at the hostel at least once a month over the past year and always find it clean, safe, and in a very convenient location. It is in a neighborhood surrounded by restaurants and cafes, museums, shops, the opera house and a short walking distance to the main square. The staff is extremely pleasant and always willing to help with any questions you might have. I would not hesitate to recommend the Envoy to all my family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kath064

Reviewed April 19, 2011

i met a very friendly staff the moment i walked into the Envoy Hostel. As my stay progressed they made me feel "part of the family." Whenever i asked for directions or other information they were always helpful and accurate.
Returning to the hostel after some weeks of traveling, the staff remembered me, welcomed me back, and asked about my travels. My adventure into Armenia was great fun and delight and the Envoy was a big part of it.
Besides, the Envoy is super clean, the bathrooms are modern and carefully kept.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2011

It's clean and staff are so friendly! The breakfast was simple and always the same thing. The rooms had enough space. It was in a great locattion and every things came in handy!
The price was low. You can find a lot of friends there.
There is a japanese spa near there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roozbe
Reviewed February 11, 2011

The minute I walked in from the cold through the door, I was charmed. The staff were open and friendly, bending over backwards to help me out. I was led to an immmaculately clean dorm room, the bed was comfortable and the room warm.
The shower was as clean as the rest of the place, with lots of pressure and no problems with warm water. Toilets are also sparkling.
The common room is very comfortable, large and well equipped; TV, games, comfy seats, free internet (wifi and computers) and a large, clean, well-appointed kitchen.
I've been helped exceptionally by the staff.
Oh, and breakfast included.
Centrally located and some really good pubs and bars close by.
Honestly, I usually don't go the trouble of writing reviews, but I felt this place deserved this kind of write-up. The only place to stay in Yerevan, I reckon, budget traveller or otherwise.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank stu_biggs5
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Envoy is one of the best hostels I`ve ever been. It has 4-& 8-beded dorms, kitchen and a restroom downstairs. Also ot has private rooms if you`d not like to stay in a dorm and they are quite useful for those who want have a private rooms but not to pay a lot as hotels in Yerevan are expensive.

They offer bread, cheese, butter and jam for a breakfast with tea or coffee, you also can have a tea or coffee all day long. Wi-fi is available both in rooms and restroom downstairs.

Staff is very friendly and speak english, russian and armenian as well.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Envoy Hostel is a great place to stay in Yerevan! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean, simple, and nice. My only slight complaint is there are no windows so they're a little cave-like. The bathrooms are very clean, and there's a hairdryer for use at the front desk. The location is great - downtown, central to pretty much everything. Well done!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2010

This is my first ever Hostel stays... and you might ask how would I know how good this hostel is ?! I compare to a standard hotel where it is applicable...

- share a bed with 4 other people.. it was great fun the room are spacious and the bed is comfy even compare a hotel bed

- toilet/bathroom is always clean and shower is good and strong!!! a good massage :)

- first thing I worried about was security. .what do I with my valuables and where should I store them.. the room and hostel is designed with that in mind and I feel secure!

- staff were very friendly, knowledgeable,great personality, lovely smile - it had certainly made feel welcome. They go out of the way to ensure you have a pleasant stay. They are

- the common room is a great place to hang out with faster internet and wireless so i can hook up my iphone.. I meet so many travellers in the common room and had fantastic time sharing stories ...etc. I remember one night, we stood in front of the map of the world in the common room and chatted for 3 hours non-stop... great memories...

- location, location, location... apparently the centre of Yerevan is Envoy Hostel... look up google maps if you don't believe it.. supermarket across the road.. short walk to Opera

- walking tour is a must, the tour guide Gevorg knows so much about local history and will give you a very good overview of the city and it's history... fascinating... I have also attended Essential & Enlighten Day Tour which took me to different parts of Armenia and understand how the people in village live by enjoying home cooked meal..

- complimentary breakfast was great

Lastly, I must say that Armenia is a beautiful country full of surprises.. the scenery outside Yerevan is much more beautiful.. and depends on the direction you go.. north, south, east and west... it was very relaxing and inspiring...

also if you are a food lover.. you will love the food in Armenia.. fresh produces the BBQ porks and tomato are just so fresh and juicy... Envoy Hostel has good discount for guests staying...

errrr I have to stop now as i am drooling...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
ArmeniaAna, Marketer at Envoy Hostel and Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2010

Hey Cyberpt,

Thanks for this nice feedback. We appreciate every kind word of yours very much. It was fun to have you here with us at our fifth anniversary. Although Yerevan - Sydney trip is a very long one but we still hope to see you soon! :)