Stayed in this property for 4 nights last month.
Hotel was within a 5 min walk to the subway. A grocery shop next to the hotel was convenient - all the beer, milk, water you need and a money changer inside. Knowing that the Armenian dram might be hard to find in your country, I wld suggest to bring some USD for the first day and change all the drams you need at a local changer (like the one in the grocery shop) and not at the airport. Rates can be quite a difference. We particularly like the restaurant next to Tora. Had our dinner almost every night there - friendly family owners who speaks English. Within walking distance (15min) to the city of Yerevan and no shortage of restaurants and bars in the evenings.
Hotel itself appears to be family run - only one lady over the counter. The standard room we picked was big, maybe a little too big and sparse. Basic fittings in the room. Clean and comfortable for a good night sleep. The heated bathroom floor was a nice feature. Wifi was quick.
Breakfast was included in the deal. We were happy the first day, served eggs and bread and coffee with a smile. After the first day, the service started to be questioned as we had to catch the attention of the waiter repeatedly (only staff in the small restaurant) to be served - and we were served portions that would make a 3 yr old hungry. We decided to buy our breakfast from the grocery then on.
Overall, the location and service of Tora are considerations. I am sure there are better and more service friendly hotels in town. But for the price we paid, I do not have much complains.
- As of Oct 2013, the hotel only accepts cash. We sure to bring some
- Try the restaurant I mentioned next to Tora. The grilled chicken, borscht, summer salad and a sip of Ararat whisky are must tries
- If you think you are lost, look out for the giant 20 feet lion statue outside the hotel by the road
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The building is distinguished with form and original solutions of interior and unique japanese architecture.You can choose from one of the tastefully appointed rooms of TORA PALACE, which offers its guests* 9 comfortable rooms (small, medium, large, twin, luxury) which are equipped* LCD TV with 42 channels* free Wi-Fi * refrigerator * multifunctional air * bath ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Tora Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.