Malkhas jazz club is a bit of an icon for Yerevan residents and tourists. I have been there several times and each time is a different experience. If you stay there until midnight you might see the maestro Malkhas himself performing and that of course is a fantastic experience as he is a true legend and an amazing talent. The 'support' acts before midnight can be a bit of a hit and miss - I have seen some great musicians there, fantastic jam sessions, but also mediocre and amateurish performers as well.
Just as many people already stated you need to be aware that:
- your bill will include the entrance 'ticket' - the cover charge for music
- everybody smokes inside, which is terrible
- the drinks are overpriced ($100 wine)
- the food is overpriced and bad - has nothing to do with great Armenian food - make sure you eat and drink BEFORE going to Malkhas to spend the rest of your night
- you might end up being seated somewhere where you cannot see the stage/the musicians at all - but keep asking - they might move you closer to the stage.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.