“A wonderful stylish hotel at a reasonable price”

Tufenkian Historic Yerevan Hotel
Ranked #5 of 70 Hotels in Yerevan
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I loved this hotel and have nothing at all to complain. In fact, when leaving Yerevan I booked the other hotels of the Tufenkian chain as well.I love the mixture of modern elegance and Armenian tradition.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank sylviaFlorence
TufenkianHotels, Public Relations Manager at Tufenkian Historic Yerevan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear sylviaFlorence,

Thank you for the review.
We very much appreciate your opinion and do our best to meet and exceed your expectations.

Hope to see you again at Tufenkian Historic Yerevan Hotel!

Regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My first impression was very good, Lobby area was beautiful,the service was perfect, room were clean, beautiful, the bar was fully equipped..., breakfast was healthy, Location was perfect, near to Vernisaj market, very near to Republic Square, IP TV, and much more...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Armen A

Dear Armen A,
Thank for your review.
It is our pleasure to hear you have enjoyed your stay.

We truly value your opinion and hope to see you again at Tufenkian Historic Yerevan Hotel.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at the Tufenkian based on its superb reviews. But it turns out the rave reviews were slightly overexaggerated. Yes, it is a decent hotel with EXCELLENT breakfast. However, I was traveling alone, which meant I spent more time at the hotel and expected more. Here are the drawbacks:

1. No mini bar.
2. The staff disappointed me. Whenever I asked them to help me arrange a tour, they looked at me like I was slightly insane. I asked them to help me arrange a tour to Lake Sevan, which I assumed meant I would join a group of tourists on a tour bus, led by a professional tour guide. Instead, I was stuffed into an unmarked car with a lone driver who didn't speak a word of English and only broken Russian. He wasn't a tour guide by any stretch of the imagination. I think he was one of the hotel staff's cousin who just needed an extra $100. It was so awkward (I am a young, female solo traveler, and the driver was a young local, so I didn't feel entirely safe). I cut the tour off halfway through and asked him to take me back to the hotel. Major fail.
3. The WiFi wasn't reliable.

That said, the hotel bar was open 24/7 and always offered good Armenian coffee. I had a nice, spacious bathroom (although the faucets were squeaky) and air conditioning. Plus, the hotel is right in the center of town, just a stone's throw from Republic Square and across the street from a colorful outdoor market with lots of souvenirs.

All in all, though, the Tufenkian just didnt "wow" me like I expected it to. The Marriot is leaps and bounds nicer, but that's at the price of $300 a night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
TufenkianHotels, Manager at Tufenkian Historic Yerevan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear ebagot,

Thank you very much for your review. We value guest comments and your opinion is vital for us. The issue you mentioned came to us as a surprise, since our Front Desk employees, are very well aware of whom to contact in case of tour request, since we do not provide tour services, but we work with qualified partners. We would like to inform you that we made an investigation, and would like to apologize for inconvenience. It was a misunderstanding, and we want to assure you that it will never happen again. Comfort and safety of our guests is of highest priority for us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience and hope to host you again.

Best Regards
Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I've stayed at other Tufenkian's before, and this is the best of the bunch. A block off the main square on a side street. Newly refurbished. Double glazed quiet windows, perfect air-conditioning, in room refrigerator, elevator, courtesy coffee and tea in the room, two bottles of water each day, in room safe. Our room had 4 bar WiFi even though the password said "in lobby only". The king bed is the best feature and the most comfortable bed we've had in 4 weeks' travel in the Caucasus. Breakfast was superb--with made-to-order cappuccino and eggs your way. Fruit, juices, and the usual meats. Staff is pleasant and speaks excellent English. The kitchen even loaned me a big clay vase for the freesias I bought on the street for my wife! Don't miss this hotel. We stayed 9 nights here

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor with a view of the new Yerevan church.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
TufenkianHotels, Public Relations Manager at Tufenkian Historic Yerevan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear garlec,
Thank you for the review.

It is our pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay in Historic Yerevan Hotel.

We hope to see you again in our hotels next time.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Loved our three night stay at the centrally located, Tufenkian Historic Hotel. Beautiful refurbished building, walking distance to Republic Square. Very clean, great toiletries, coffee/tea making facilities in the room, safe, refrigerator, slippers, robes, and all the amenities expected of a 4 star property. Beautiful, natural fiber, wall hanging behind the bed and also as bedspreads. Very adequate buffet breakfast. Helpful staff.
There is an open air market just in front of the hotel. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear trvlbufElmhurst,
Thank you for your review.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Customer experience is very important for us.

We would love to see you again in Historic Yerevan Hotel next time.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

This relatively new hotel is among the very best in Yerevan. It is totally built and furnished with materials from Armenia. The staff is very helpful and cordial (fluent in English). Centrally located. Modern, clean. Great beds. Reasonable price. Goso internet wirless connection. Functioanl business center. Excellent food.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Kenneth-Hachikian

Dear Kenneth-Hachikian,
Thank you for your feedback.
We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay at Tufenkian Historic Yerevan Hotel.

Customer feedback is always very important for us and we strive to deliver exceptional experience for every guest.

We hope to see you again in Historic Yerevan Hotel.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here for a long weekend. The service was friendly, helpful and professional. We loved the design of the rooms and the hotel. The first night they had a tango evening in the restaurant but we were able to eat on a mezzanine floor and watch the dancing below.
There is a great weekend street market right outside the hotel which gave a feeling of Yerevan and the hotel was central for walking around town.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank moscowgirl55

Dear moscowgirl55,
Thank you for your review.
It is our pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Historic Yerevan Hotel.

We truly value customer feedback and hope to see you again in Historic Yerevan Hotel very soon.

Best Regards