“Unhelpful staf and disappointed food!”

Charles Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 650 Restaurants in Yerevan
Cuisines: Armenian, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Charles - the cafe and restaurant that is a fusion of Armenian and French cuisines and cultures. Charles is the name of not only the world famous Armenian singer, actor Charles Aznavour, but also many other quite famous French people. We are located at the bottom of Yerevan's most visited sightseeing spots, right in the center of the capital - the Cascade. Here you will find the wonderful and cozy atmosphere you are looking for, blended with exquisite service and quality food. If you are a wine lover, we can offer you a large variety of wines to choose from both from the old world and the new. We also have a variety of Armenian wines that you will be delighted to try, since Armenia is the historic world of winemaking. In our menu you can find both, old traditional Armenian dishes and European unique masterpieces of our Chef. It is our pleasure to mention that our kitchen staff undergoes trainings every 3 months conducted by world famous Chefs that come to visit our restaurant from various parts of Europe. Our one of its kind interior, the live music played in the evenings, high quality service and our welcoming staff will make you feel the Armenian hospitality at its best in every detail. We are glad to offer various lounges and halls in order to suit the needs of all our guests. There are halls for smokers as well as for non-smokers, a lounge bar where you can see Armenian famous paintings and a warm evening sitting room where there is a fireplace you can enjoy while taking your drink. You can even light the fireplace yourself and keep it going by putting more wood in it for the duration of your stay. All this is accompanied with the wonderful sounds of the violin, accordion and the amazing grand piano. In the summer time our outdoor cafe is the place to be. The location, the food and the service leave you wanted to stay longer than planned to enjoy the evening Yerevan and the atmosphere of our cafe.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I orded the "boneless chicken", and got a chicken full of bones! When I pointed this out, the waiter said "it must be a mistake in the transelation", and that was it. I tried to talk to the manager, but he did not care to join, and we ended up with a poorly meal. Maybe the food is ok, but there is a complete lack of customerservice here! Try the Paulaner resturant just in front - they do have a friendly staf and tasteful beer!

2  Thank ChristianFrantzen
There are newer reviews for Charles Cafe & Restaurant

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Far and away the best restaurant we ate at during our week in Yerevan. The service was superb. We ordered no bacon with the pasta for a vegetarian and it came and tasted amazing. The lamb dolmas was one of the best meals I have ever eaten.
Having eaten in other establishments on the cascade I'd have to say, don't bother with anywhere else!

1  Thank MrFly1981
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We went to Charles just to have a drink. It was quiet, nice place with a beautiful wine room, which they allowed me to "inspect". The service was not intrusive and it seemed like the guests knew each other, which means they have loyal customers. I will certainly go there for a meal as well.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Definitely one of the top places among my Best restaurants of the world list. Atmosphere, food quality, service - everything was fantastic. A bit pricy, but worth any single dram you spent. Looks like most decent restaurant near Cascade and it likely is. Good selection of wines from the cellar.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went there 3 or 4 times before that evening , and I never had problems..even if were always visible some problems with service..but few days ago IT HAPPENED THE UNBELIEVABLE...!!!
What i order very clearly was completely misunderstood , the dish arrived , i sent back to the kitchen telling that was exactly THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I ORDERED...but (..as I was sure..!!!) I had to pay it...and even 12.000 amd ( that means 24 Euros..!!!)..!!! No way to explain to "managers" (so many , but everybody looking on the floor and each other but not in client's eyes..) about the accident...and of course , when I asked to talk with the "NEW ITALIAN CHEF" , as was "advertised" at my arrival..HE WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO COME TO TALK WITH ME..
A complete SHAME , a real DISASTER..and I don't want to go deeper in details of the history because IT COULD SOUND EVEN "FUNNY"..
Never again...