“Worth visiting for the music”
Review of Ararat Restaurant

Ararat Restaurant
Ranked #385 of 635 Restaurants in Yerevan
Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tel Aiv, Israel
“Worth visiting for the music”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Our group ate dinner at this restaurant on the last night of our week's tour of Armenia. I have to admit that when I saw the stage set-up for musicians my heart sank, and I chose to sit as far away as possible - my experience of 'folklore' for tourists in other countries has not been good!
In fact it was a pleasure to listen to the musicians: two male vocalists, keyboards, hand drumming and of course the duduk.
The food was quite acceptable: the usual fresh vegetable salads, salty cheese and breads to start followed by vegetables stuffed with meat and rice. The vegetarian offering was however one of the poorest I have ever seen: a plate of rice and chips. The music and the setting however made for a very memorable end to our week and the performance alone would justify visiting the Ararat.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank SoniaGourevitch
Gevorg H, General Manager at Ararat Restaurant, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your visit. Thank you for your reviews.