“Cosy trip”

Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Yerevan
Tbilisi, Georgia
“Cosy trip”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at Ani Plaza for more than one week and really liked it!
First of all I have to say that staff is super lovely and friendly! They are always ready to help you and they are always very positive!
View from the window in the morning when you see Ararat is amazing!
Food is also very good, wide range and tasty : )

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nino-Ana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I warmly reccommend it. It is very good located and it has everything one needs: fitness, gift shop, bar, restaurant, money change, bussiness center. Good rooms, a nice breakfast, english speaking at reception.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BruriaTelAviv
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Our room was nice but like so many things at the Ani it just missed the mark on so many levels. We had a king size bed but it was not a high quality bed and they gave us Armenian style linen and blankets. Ok by us but many travelers would find the single sheet duvets and blankets a bit wieird and that you don't tuck in the sheets at the end of the bed. The room did not have a chest of drawers to put your clothing in and we had to unplug a lamp to use our computer. The clothes closet required you to hang you clothes behind each other instead across.

Our room came with breakfast and we enjoyed a wide variety of international and Armenia dishes. Breakfast is buffet style and the wait staff are quietly efficient in removing dishes, etc.

They use electronic key cards to use the elevator and access your room. We had to return to the front desk and get new cards that worked at least 3 times in two days. On the last day I informed the front desk that my wife would be staying in our room until noon (the official check out time). At 10:00 a.m. the maids chased her out of our room and she had to hang out in the lobby until my meeting was over. When I raised this issue with the front desk they at first didn't believe me and then they said my wife must have misunderstood the maids. When I said my wife speaks enough Armenia to know what was going on they just shrugged and left it at that.

My recommendation is to stay at either the 14th Floor Hotel or Golden Tulip Hotels.

6 Thank SwampDiver1
East Yorkshire
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed twice in the Ani Plaza in 2 different rooms one facing Ararat on the 11th floor and one facing the hills on the 8th floor.Each room was non smoking. Both rooms were 'sparsely' furnished but quite large however both had working TV with CNN and BBC world service, working fridge,air-con. good wardrobe space, hair dryer and bath shower. Bedding was very clean as were the bathrooms. The 11th floor room was however 'very tired', carpets past their best, curtains that would not close easily as I expect every guest requests an Ararat view such rooms may get more traffic. The 8th floor room not overlooking the mountain appeared in slightly better condition,had more furniture and the bathroom was in better shape. Neither room would achieve 4 stars in the west however we slept well as the beds were comfortable and the hotel despite being full was reasonably quiet and peaceful.
The hotel breakfast when compared to other Armenian hotels we stayed at during our 'grand tour' was 'sumptuous' with a large choice and selection of foods.It was also non smoking unlike many other Armenian restaurants and unlike the public rooms,cafe and bar downstairs in the hotel.Generally all the staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful however waiting staff (as everywhere in Armenia) are often too swift in removing used plates/cups/utensils before you have time to properly finish.
Hotel location is good. There is a supermarket right next to the hotel where snacks and drinks can be purchased and a money exchange service within it. Its an easy walk to the Opera House and the main square where on the way there are a number of cafes/bars and eating places where staff speak excellent English.
Although the rooms are a bit so so it provided a fairly comfortable base during our time in the city

Room Tip: Have a look before you commit
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KevanEastYorkshire
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Let's put it this way, the hotel itself is not bad, but I don't see it anywhere near 4* rank and I don't think the price they request is justified for the place.
Positive: the location is very good, walking distance from the Opera and all the major city attractions. Staff speaks very good english and the place it quite clean. Also the breakfast buffet is very nice and rich in selection.

Negatives: unfortunately negatives overcome the positives. First the rooms. Yes, they're old, that I wouldn't mind. The absence of any light but bedside lamp in the bedroom was puzzling. The carpet it not a bad idea, but it had stains and that didn't make good impression. The blankets were somewhat unsatisfying - a simple sheet topped with an extremely scratchy blanket. One of the worst things was the 'heater'. Unfortunately, during my stay, it was somewhat colder than average and the heater didn't work - all it did was cooling. Therefore I was freezing at night. Honestly, a 4* hotel should have a heating that works no matter which time of the year it is. Also the bathroom was a problem. It was nice, but as soon as you're tall, you cannot stand in the shower as it's fairly small. If you want to take a bath, there's no plug. And the worst thing - sewage system has some problem, so there's water leaking from the drain in the floor when you take a shower. And that's definitely not something I want to stand in after taking a shower!!! I complained about it at the reception, but they didn't fix much.
Also as soon as you don't take an elevator, the staircase doesn't look like somebody's cleaning it - ever. And unfortunately, you have to take it, since the elevators are fairly small and sometimes not working.

All in all, pay 10 euros more and go to Best western, my colleagues who stayed there seemed to be happier...

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, go for the upper floors, they seem to have less problems with the drain in...
3 Thank janapka
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed October 11, 2013

First the positive: The location simply can't be beat. It is the best location in Yerevan - close enough to Republic Square, the Opera House, and the government area. Also the staff are wonderful. They all speak English and are extremely helpful and just very nice and outgoing. For example I asked if they had a bottle opener for a beer I bought at the store, and they left no stone unturned behind the desk and in the office to find it, and when that didn't work they managed to open it with a fork. It went long after I said its ok don't worry about it. If only other places had that kind of customer service! Also the breakfast was very good apparently compared to some of my colleagues who were staying in the other hotels.

On the negative side, the hotel was clearly built in the Soviet era and in many ways it shows. Some of the rooms have an odd layout, and there are often not things like light switches in workable places. Also there is a ton of smoking everywhere and the whole place smells of cigarette smoke. I was also having a problem with some subtle smell backing up out of the bathroom drains. The later wasn't too bad, just something else that was clearly a relic of having a communist-era building. And there was a mini-fridge in the room that would have been great except they had it locked - and I have never seen a mini-fridge that locks before. On the plus side, they really do keep the rooms clean.

All and all, it is a good hotel, but could use some infrastructure improvements to become a great hotel. Grading on the American standard I gave it three dots, but I'm sure if I was grading on an Armenian standard it would get five dots.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at Ani Plaza hotel from Aug. 24-31, 2013, when I was participating at a scientific conference being held there. Although the per night rate seemed somewhat high for Armenia, I don't have any regrets, because the hotel was clean, safe, and centrally-located. The staff was very courteous and helpful, from the front desk attendants to the kind-hearted ladies who service the rooms, the doormen, etc. One highlight of my stay was the buffet breakfast they served every morning: great variety of high quality local foods, including strained yogurt, tons of delicious fruit, excellent juices, and on and on. The WiFi reception was fine, but the TV only had 2-3 local and uninteresting Russian channels (I couldn't get BBC, CNN, etc.). I didn't use any of the in-hotel amenities such as spa, swimming pool, haircutting, currency exchange, etc. but some might find them handy. The business office was prompt and efficient with the minor requests I had. If I had to name one area where they could improve, it has to be the hard-to-change smoking habit of their patrons, especially in the front lobby where there were two bars nearly always full of smokers. Passing through the lobby was made unpleasant because of this. Overall, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the main street (Sayat Nova) are somewhat noisy, but I liked the view of the street...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business