“The wonderful multilingual staff with great manners in service and not only this. I'll stay at Ani Plaza Hotel again.”
Review of Ani Plaza Hotel

Ani Plaza Hotel
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Yerevan
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I visited Yerevan, Armenia for a business Conference taking place on the 15th of September 2012, and since I was looking for a valuable hotel with a good location I found Ani Plaza Hotel, by just searching the web. This was the first time of all my trips when I have no regrets about a Hotel that I just booked by trusting the pictures. The wonderful multilingual staff with great manners in service is always reading to help you. … I was staying in room number 611, which was a Business room, on the 6th floor, very convenient for 2 people, clean, with a great view. I really liked the breakfast which was full of different kind of fruits, cakes, salads, vegetables, pancakes …etc. The hotel had an indoor swimming pool with a sauna, very clean and not so full which I visited once, while I asked the girl in the business center to print out my files for the next days’ conference. The business conference schedule was very tight but since the location was very convenient and situated in the very center of the city, I got to visit the nice and cozy restaurants next to the Hotel for lunch and dinner. There was one restaurant where I had dinner, called Mama Mia, about 20 meters next to the Hotel, with a great menu and a variety of both Armenian and International cuisine, with a great value, wifi internet and nice staff also. There was also a a supermarket right next to the corner of the Hotel that was open 24/7, which had practically anything you could expect and not expect . One of the most important thing is that Yerevan is a very safe city, and staying right in the center means you can walk out any time in the night and feel safe . This was my first trip to Yerevan, and since next year I have to visit Yerevan for business again, I can surely say with no regrets that I will stay at Ani Plaza Hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Christina S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Albania
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a big tourist hotel build in Soviet time, but renovated. They are expensive - you can find the normal room twice as cheap in small hotel. Rooms are different. Mine was about 25 m sq.
Breakfast is good. Gym is OK. Water pool is OK, but they ask to wear the cap. Be advised that their cost of taxi call/reservation duplicates the normal street cost. Just go to the street. taxi there is cheap. In a hot day or in a cold day the central ventilation produce a serious noise. I was happy to be during the cool weather, so, the open window was perfect.

Room Tip: 11th floor is better (higher), more quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank silencd
pretoria
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Beautiful location! The rooms are antiquated and neglected but this is overshadowed by all the other positives. Excellent food (Armenian standards), extremely polite staff who are perfectly fluent in English and helpful. I had a look at a number of other hotels but they couldn't compare. Don't waste your time - stay here.

2 Thank lawry-m
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Reception was friendly, there is free internet, a swimming pool and gym (extra 3000 dram). Location is the biggest selling point.
Big downfall was my single room on 6th floor. Small room, single bed, old carpet, and low ceiling (I'm 1.86m but could put my hand on the ceiling...that means it is too low!).
Another minus is the noise. Staff chat loudly in the morning and my room was too close to the lifts so I heard every 'ping'.
Breakfast is good. the breakfast place is worn out.

I will try another hotel next time in Yerevan.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank LecramG
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have stayed here for a week in 2012! The stuff was friendly and kind! We had a little problem so when we asked they helped us immediately! The rooms were clean amd I really like its location! It is situated in the heart of Yerevan! So I find everything good!

1 Thank Satenik S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

I am here for 3 nights and I am impressed so far I did not have high expectations to be honest but staff friendly and very willing to help with great English. The pool and gym are great way above any expectation. The room is quaint and a bit tierd. First single bed I have seen in some time but it seems clean and air on works. Definately a good option for the money

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Newnhamp
Arendal, Norway
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed one night at this rather one-dimentional and bland hotel in central Yerevan. Austrian Airways payed because our plane to Vienna was 12 hours delayed.

The location is fine, quite close to Republic Square. Our room was large with a spacious and well-equipped barhroom. It was clean with much-needed air-conditioning. The hotel itself had kind of a Soviet-feel to it, especially the dining-area.

The breakfast buffet was tasteless and not very appetizing. Taxies outside tried to over-charge us.

All right, I guess, but not my kind of place.

3 Thank Pelourinho