“My home in Yerevan”

Ranked #11 of 105 Yerevan B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“My home in Yerevan”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have stayed with Anahit twice and both were great experiences. The first time with my friend in June and the second time with my boyfriend in September 2012. Anahit is a wonderful, very interesting and kind host. Her apartment really has the best location for a great price, especially in the low season. I have stayed in both the dormitory room and the private room. When I stayed with my boyfriend at her apartment the private room wasn't available on both of the nights we wanted to stay. She was so helpful and organised for us to stay in the 'dormitory' room. Which turned out to be a room with only one double bed in! She is also very helpful and tells you the best places to go in Yerevan and gives very good directions. If I go back to Yerevan I would definately go and stay with her again. I would recommend for anyone to go stay with Anahit, whether you are with friends, family or as a couple, you will not regret it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rayray89_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Port Angeles
Reviewed August 30, 2012

In 2007, I stayed for a month at Anahit's. I was coming to Armenia to learn about the country, the language and music. I had a wonderful time. Anahit was a gracious host and helped me navigate travel, find good restaurants and connect with other people.
I am currently staying here again - for the month of August 2012. It is with great regret that I leave tomorrow. Anahit goes out of her way to make guests feel at home. She helps with airline reservations when there are problems, she helps people make travel connections and she suggests good places to visit. I agree with many of the other comments - the apartment is centrally located by the Opera Square and it's only a 10 minute walk to Republic Square.
Anahit and I have become good friends over the last 5 years. When I return to Armenia the next time, there is no question about where I will stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Undoubtely the best place to stay both in Yerevan and Armenia. supercentral location, stylish & tasteful, amazingly quiet, much more than any hostel may offer. Anahit makes everybody feel at home, and enjoy their stay. I have stayed in hundreds of hostels around the world, but i can't recall any place that would be this extraordinary
thomas, poland

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Thomas d
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The aura of this place is fantastic. the appartment is situtated directly next to the opera. so there you can explore the whole centre by feet. It's the 5th floor of a former building of artists and musicians and its still breathes this athmosphere. but all the stairs are worth to climb up because from some rooms you can see mount ararat. sometimes anahit takes all her guests and brings them to a fantasic traditional reataurant or other places you never would find by yourself.
Tip: ask her to play the piano for you!! :-)

• Stayed August 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here with two friends in November 2010 when I was studying abroad in Moscow, and I intend to return in a month or two. The apartment is in an incredible location, downtown, right by the opera house. Everything was clean, but still so homey. Anahit is very sweet - I was 20 when I first stayed there, and she would not let me leave the apartment for the evening without lending me one of her own wool coats (Yerevan gets cold in the late fall). She also let one of my friends a scarf.

I only stayed a night, and I was sad to leave. Anahit speaks fantastic English and Russian, and a few other languages as well (Armenian, Farsi, and I think German or French?). She was so accommodating, and let us choose our rooms and beds. She also had a bunch of great, insider tips on Yerevan. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here! I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Dresden
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed with our two kids for three nights at anahits place. We liked it very much. The apartment is spacious, so it doesn’t feel crowed. The rooms and bath room are clean. Anahit is very helpful. She speaks fluently English and has good suggestions for visiting places and getting around.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed in Anahit's home five days in may 2012. The place is great, i highly recommend it. Annahit is very hospitable and helpful, she creates a great atmosphere.Her englisch is flawless. Flat is in the very center of Yerevan close to the metro station and marshrutkas routes.

Sincecerely, Lech Kubacki from Poland