“The best place in Yerevan !!!”

Penthouse Hotel & Hostel
Ranked #13 of 145 Specialty Lodging in Yerevan
Tel Aviv, Israel
“The best place in Yerevan !!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hostel, new and clean , very friendly and helpful owner and staff!
Really good location , nice view, free laundry - crazy!!
A lot of cool traveler to meet, if you are in Yerevan you must stay at this place!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank pelegcohen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Neverwhere
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed there more than one week and highly recommend this place. Hospitable staff (speaking fluent english and russian language), good location, clean bathroom, kitchen and cozy common room where life is going on. When the weather is clear great view on Ararat from balcony. If I ever come back to Yerevan (I'd likie to do it!) I will choose same place again:)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank lszoszk
Hobart
Reviewed November 14, 2013

A homely hostel, great atmosphere conducive to meeting awesome people. Staff are great and always super willing to help with anything! Breakfasts are interesting, usually in a good way. Only hostel I've stayed at with free use of the washing machine. They say that there's a great view of Mt Ararat but I've yet to see it in five days here so I'm unconvinced. Still, definitely the best place to stay in Yerevan.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Amelia K
istanbul
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed in the Penthouse Hostel for a week and it gave me a very cosy, comfortable, relaxing stay.
Coming into the living room, where confi carpets, couches and armchairs are provided, people sitting, drinking tea and coffee and sharing their travel experiences - that all was like coming home :)

Apart from the fact that the receptionist harassed me to write a a review, it was a brilliant stay ;D
No, to be fair, the hostel deserves a good reference and we should stop being lazy and not sharing our experiences with other travelers.
I stayed in one more hostel, so I cannot say whether this is the best pick in whole of Yerevan, but its been my best or second-best hostel during my 2 weeks trip in Georgia and Armenia :)

Hope this helps :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank felix p
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I thought I was going to stay for a night or two here, but it's already been 2 weeks, and I should probably just change my mailing address. As far as semi-permanent homes in other countries go, I could do a lot worse. The receptionists answer approximately 3.2 billion questions every day, and I've seen them make extra efforts to help a guy recover his shoes from the police in a neighboring country. The best one, Katrin, even said she might bring me some chocolate. If she doesn't Im editing this review and giving them zero stars. Just kidding. The hostel is clean enough that you could eat your breakfast off the carpet, but you'll look like a savage so don't do that. It's also located on the 6th floor of the building, so you're forced to get a little bit of exercise every day and keep yourself slightly fit. This is also good for comedy because inevitably a couple of times a day someone comes back and wants to tell stories about their adventures that day but they're too breathless to say much. And even in winter there's always a few travellers around, so you never have to get worried about being alone. Unless that's your thing, then get out of the city. The owner is a generous man who helped me out with a difficult situation involving Armenian bureaucracy I would have never been able to navigate on my own. For this reason alone the hostel gets extra points. 6 green circles out of 5.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank some_filmmaker
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A perfect hostel!!! I have stayed in the hostel in total for 6 days. The place is clean and has all necessary equipment you need. There is a free WI-FI, washing machine, kitchen with all needed equipment and a refrigerator. Tea and coffee is free and you can use it all the time. Breakfast is served and included in the price.
Kitchen is connected with the balcony with the magnificent view of the Ararat - if of course you have a good weather:))
Great thing about the Hostel is the salon with couches and armchairs and kitchen with a big table where all the guest can freely sit, talk and spend time together. That was really a big plus and it facilities contacts with other travelers. Just because of that place I had met many new good friends.
Location of the hotel is also very good, close to the center, grocery night shops are just few meters away and if you are hungry in the night the 24h Armenian cuisine like Lahmacun are just nearby.
The great atmosphere of the place is made by the wonderful staff of the hostel!!! First of all the staff speaks very good English. The owner Artur and his wife are frequently present at the hostel chatting to guest, giving suggestions and tips for travel and stay. Just because of that I have got good places to stay in Armenia during my trip.
The staff Mane, Catherine and Lilit (just to mention some great girls working there) are always ready to help, arrange a taxi for the best price (I didn’t find a cheaper one myself), answer all the questions and they are the good angles making great atmosphere in the hostel.
I know this is a very positive review but traveling through many hotels in Europe I have to admit that this one was for me the best. It’s a magnificent place to stay and other hostel could take a look how to lead a hostel. I hope it will stay like that. I’m planning to be beck in Yerevan and for sure I will stay in Penthouse.
Thank you Penthouse for making my time in Yerevan so nice!

PS. Unfortunately the hostel is not mentioned in Lonely Planet Guide.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the dormitory and it was great.