“Centrally located, but rather average, nothing to write home about.”
Review of Europe Hotel

Europe Hotel
Ranked #22 of 70 Hotels in Yerevan
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Rather basic. Cleanliness ok. Wireless internet not strong enough to receive well in room. A bit tired design. Yes you can see Ararat from your window, but very distant and across a rather derelict part of town.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ArtsAndWines

Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed in this hotel last week before going to Beirut and Dubai. I loved it. I wanted to try a new hotel. It feels like the entire hotel is a European bakery. The breakfast is great. The rooms are very clean and are good size. They all have air conditioning. The hotel staff is the best. There are very happy and will make sure you have a great time in the city. They can plan trips and reserve resteraunts for you

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Sev8196
Reviewed September 8, 2010

The hotel was not the best in yerevan. However, it was a very nice european hotel. The lobby was nice, modern, and had a nice cafe. The rooms were of a good size and clean. The rooms also had really good air conditioning. The staff was very polite and told me exactly where to go. Go to ghor virab, dilijian, and sevan.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Well, the hotel was acceptable, but definitely not worth the 50,000 dram rack rate. Plus, they threw out an article of clothing I left behind. "We didn't think you'd come back for it," said the concierge. Grrrr.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Sean J
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed here only one night as we had reservations at another hotel for the remaining 6 days of our visit. We were very impressed with the level of comfort, cleanliness and service, and would have happily extended our stay were it possible. We arrived in the early morning hours and right away they went to clean and prepare our room so we could check in early and rest. There was always someone at the front desk speaking English, and the hotel's manager greeted us and gave us tips on things to see in Armenia. The standards of the hotel were certainly higher than we had expected and we felt they were more or less at par with a good three star hotel in North America. The breakfast was exceptionally good and we found it to be probably the best hotel breakfast of all the hotels we stayed at in the Caucasus region. The food was excellent and the variety was extensive. We would definitely return and would recommend it to other tourists. Great value for our money.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2010

STRENGHTS: Breakfast buffet really rich and tasteful, convenient location i the centre of the city, nice lobby, pleasant staff

WEAKNESSES: Chambermaid service ( during 6 days stay: 1 day no cleaning at all, 3 times towels changing, carpet also mainly didn't look cleaned), Location in term of old ruined houses around hotel.

Don't have comparison however I assume that probably it is possible to find better accomodation for rate circa 90 EUR /day in centre of Yerevan.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I chose EUROPE HOTEL based on this site and on the fact that was the same hotel of the so emotional movie of Robert Geudiguian , ' Le Voyage en Armenie".
At a first sight , the staff were a little bit suspicious with that smilling brazilian man that appeared there without reservation , but then they surrendered and gave me an excellent room at the first floor, "the non smokers floor".
About the room all I can say is that I felt very confortable there at that big bed. At night ,the are is completely silent and there wasnt need of air conditioning. Ah , there were some teen age girls running through the corridor one night , but sudenly they stopped...
What a delicious breakfast , full of special fruits: apricots , white cherries. The girls did their best to attend me so well , and appreciated my efforts to practice eastern armenian , that goes beyond "Bari luys and barev (thanks God I met Livemocha´s site)
My 7 days in Yerevan were very busy , full of tours around the country and within the capital , but the hotel was my base , near the subway and the stunning Republic square.
The internet taxes were overpriced in my oppinion , but that´s the way..
At the window , dont loose the opportunity of honoring MOUNT ARARAT , the Armenians´grandfather , as I did at a funny and entusiastic way , shouting: ARARAT ,ARARAT! hihihi

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo