Hotel Meg
  • Restaurant
Nova Hotel(Yerevan)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboutique hotelrooms are spacioussmall hotelone bedroom suitesubway lineexcellent optionbit difficult to findevery morningexcellent locationsalamidelicious breakfastrestaurants and barsfriendly placehome away from homeconvenient locationthe heart of the cityrepublic square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We didn't know the country at all, so it was nice to have them pick us up from the airport. More expensive than a taxi, so if I went back I don't think I'd get the hotel transfer, but only now I know where I'm going! Don't be put off by external appearances. Actually, it's in a nice quiet road just 1 minute walk from the main road in the city. We walked everywhere in Yerevan from here (think we only got the metro once). In less than 5 minutes you can walk to some restaurants, including a pizza place that is not bad if you want something quick and easy. Also 5 minutes the other way brings you to the cascades, a really nice area that also has some restaurants at the base of it and feels like you could be in Italy. Anyway, back to hotel - it's clean, comfortable and has everything you'd need. The reception staff were so friendly and helpful and gave us tons of DVDs to watch in our room. Breakfast everyday was simple but hearty, with fresh bread and jam, cheese, salami and eggs. What's more they bring it into your room on a trolley - Perfect! Would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lighter023
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Huge rooms, delicious breakfast, beautiful bathrooms! We absolutely loved our stay in Hotel Meg! The airport transport was great and needed as I doubt I'd have found it otherwise. But location wise I couldn't have wished for better. Literally 3 minutes walk to the cascade (walk up the steps opposite and to the left for a quick route to the top).
The staff were excellent and their English superb.
Would love to return on my next trip to Armenia!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank MrFly1981
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have spent 6 nights at this well situated, central hotel just off Mashtotts Ave,the main street but at the top 'quieter' end. There are only 7 rooms and my room (3) is really spacious and has an excellent kitchenette with good sized fridge, tea coffee and utensils for 2 people. The staff were helpful and spoke good English. Rouzan on reception was especially helpful and charming.
Breakfast is served when you like and served in your room, freshly made eggs, coffee or tea and great breads and homemade tasting jams.
Laundry service also very efficient and inexpensive-highly recommended hotel!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are similarly large, my room 3 had an open outlook with opening windows.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Angieg23
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed for two nights in a one-room suite, #2. It's a spacious room with a dining table and chairs, a desk, an armchair, and a queen bed. They brought in an extra single bed and a portable baby bed (Pack N Play) and it all fit with room to spare. The kitchenette was perfect and they had very reasonable prices on the minibar items. The bathroom was huge and nicely done. Shower only--no tub--with great water pressure and lots of hot water. Very nice, soft towels. It's about 3 blocks from the Opera House, walking distance to everything in the center. Also, cabs are really cheap in Yerevan, so we took cabs several times. (We were travelling with 3 young kids.) The hotel is very close to a number of playgrounds and outdoor cafes. We'll definitely stay here again if we return to Yerevan.

Room Tip: We were pleased with Room #2. It's right next to the reception desk but we never heard a sound. They must have good soundproofing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lotsotravel
Reviewed April 18, 2013

From the moment I arrived at the Hotel Meg, I felt right at home! The reception staff welcomed me warmly and assisted me in many ways with planning my time in Yerevan and in seeing other areas of Armenia. The hotel's location on a quiet backstreet but only a minute's walk from Yerevan's main thoroughfare was absolutely perfect, with lots of shops, restaurants, and attractions within easy walking distance. The daily in-room breakfast service was delightful, and the best dinner of my three-night stay was eaten in a nearby Italian restaurant called La Cucina, which is operated by the same man who owns the Hotel Meg. I highly recommend this restaurant for its cuisine, service, and ambience! The Hotel Meg is truly a gem.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo