“Nightmare hotel, worst ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Phu Quy 2

Phu Quy 2
Ranked #159 of 194 Hotels in Nha Trang
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Nightmare hotel, worst ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel was a complete joke, thankfully we had only booked for two nights, although one was enough. We always book for two nights and extend our stay if we like it but this place took the cake!
Firstly upon arriving tired at 10pm the rudeness and attitude of the receptionist was unreal. She asked me how many bags we both had and I told her two. She rolled her eyes and told her colleague to take them up but he just grunted and walked away.
Fine, no problems, saved me the tip!
Okay, so in the room, took a tepid shower as no hot water and opened the fridge for a beer. The fridge was not working and smelt really strong of mould but it was fully stocked. Called the reception and were told there was no one to remedy the solution before tomorrow.
So I get into bed, tired and irked, as this is not the cheapest hotel on the block and was horrified that the bed was full of sand. I turned the lights on to inspect closer and there were also long hairs on the pillow and in the bed. Yuk! I don't want to sleep in an unchanged bed from strangers but again when called the reception was barked at that there was nothing doing until tomorrow.
Next day complained again at reception and without a blink the cold manageress picked up the phone and shrieked at someone and then told me, that in fact the bed was fresh and the cleaners do not tell lies!! Shocking I thought but we had paid for two nights so just bit my lip and waited to be out of there.
Following nit, awoke to the room telephone dining ing at 3.30am, when I answered in a sleepy haze there was a grunt and then hung up. Another good nights sleep!
All in all, just a really disappointing experience, the breakfast buffet was just plain vile and the staff sat about on their cell phones and one was picking his nose as he watched the tv.
Bad bad experience and we found a much better and far cheaper hotel down the road.
I could really add to the list of faults but judging by all the other bad reviews, I guess it speaks for itself.
I just wish I had read them here first but booked through agoda in a hurry. Big mistake, horrible staff and even felt nervous about leaving valuables there, so took everything out with me.
Roof pool was cold dirty and depressing...
Just BAD!

Room Tip: Paid extra for a sea view balcony but this is a jokeas you have to crane your neck tosee the ocean...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Simon I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed two nights at Phú Quý 2. Wherever we go, we always book one or two nights and decide after if we want to stay longer or leave right away. By doing this we avoid having to battle with dishonest staff rent ending our passports. I am so glad we did! At the arrival, we stayed in the lobby without anybody even blinking at us. When we finally checked in, the receptionist looked at us and seemed very angry that we had two bags. She asked one of the staff member to take them to the room, he just sat at the desk without responding her. The only thingies I can understand Vietnamese, which she didn't know.
-The room: Basic. A little balcony with a broken door and a broken chair, and a see view if you looked to the right side.
The fridge hadn't been plugged. I did it myself, but a horrible smell, typical when you unplug a fridge without letting the door open. We had warm water. Great.
-breakfast: Another adventure! Everything is disgusting, from the coffee to the chemical orange juice, instant phở soup or plain omelette. And you have a choice of cold French fries or dry spring rolls. Not mentioning the horrible canteen staff watching cheesy Vietnamese soap, laughing and screaming at each other like there was nobody else in the room.
-Beds: Absolutely disgusting! Inside one of the beds was covered with sand and women hair.
The next day we went to complain to the reception, the lady pretended to call somebody and told us that the sheets had been changed since there. And got away wit it.
We walked in town the day before checking out and found much cheaper hotel with very friendly staff, and moved right after for a couple of nights.
Phu Quy 2 is not worst the huge price they demand. Don't stay there! I was even pissed off that we had to pay that price for such a bad stay!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Yukinohana72

Travelers are raving about these Nha Trang hotels

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

On October 4, when I sit on the flight from nha trang to Saigon , suddenly it reminded to me that I forgot the wallet in the safe box in hotel, I realized that this is a very troublesome thing... my friend accused me that I am a typical B blood character...after communicate with the hotel manager, October 5 at 8:30 in the morning I got my wallet back, the hotel manager send the wallet to saigon by a sleeping bus driver, that's amazing! they packege my wallet very carefully and every step is considerate.
My wallet has a lot of cash, three credit card. At that time I'd like to provide safebox password, the hotel say this is not allowed, only their manager have right to open the safe box that can avoid some problem. In my opinion,the management of this 3 star hotel is very good and the Vietnamese also is really very honest and kind.
besides,the car to airport provided by hotel is much cheaper than taxi.

Room Tip: seaview this balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kolkata
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at room number 1104 (11th floor) on 14th May 2012 to 17th May 2012. View from the room was awsum and the location was perfect - close to the party capital of Nha Trang.

But the Management should take care of the maintenance of the Property - maintain it regularly (lights/floors/door bell/AC/exhaust etc.) and listen to the request of the people staying at the Hotel. If the AC is not working, doesn't mean that the guest (who travel around the world) does not know how to operate a standard AC, if the exhaust in the bathroom does not work means it needs to be repaired and not that it was quite late (7.30pm). If a small kid is running high fever the guest may require a bucket and a mug to give the kid a cold wash - the front desk staff should not shout on the guest saying that the restaurant is closed at 8.30pm and so does the house keeping and they can't do anything about it and the guest should mind his own business and should not bother them with some mundane and frivolous request.

In contrast the restaurant staffs who operated from 6.30am to 8.30pm are just opposite - very cordial, helpful and prompt. Concerned about the needs (even the smallest) of the guests. Every room service was delivered with 10 minutes. Fresh, hot food. Frankly I have not seen such a faster room service else where.

The breakfast spread was small but tasty and were replenished promptly.

I may stay again in the hotel if I am traveling alone on a back pack and don't really bother about the service and state of the room. In fact then I can stay just anywhere.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony are better than other rooms (typically numbered 204, 304 ....1204), have great vi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank samyax
Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

My 'Superior Balcony' room had an amazing view of the ocean, the mountains and the city - but that's where the positives end with this hotel!

Truly the worst I have stayed in in Vietnam, where in my experience, many hotels pride themselves on their hospitality.

To summarize the problems here:

-Bathroom: only lukewarm or cold water, and shower drain completely blocked so that the shower basin flooded after a couple of minutes (how come the cleaners never do anything about it when they clean the shower?). Toiletries were never replaced.

-Bedroom: when it rained, water seeped in through the windows and onto the floor, bedside lamps didn't work (and were not fixed). Paper thin walls in the hotel also meant hearing anyone talking outside, including the cleaning staff in the early morning (one morning, they were yelling at each other at 7.45am).

-No 'Do Not Disturb' sign available, which meant that those cleaning staff arrived promptly between 9am and 9.30 to knock on the door. Fine if you are out for the day, but not if you want a holiday rest!

-Service: mini bar never restocked. But the worse, and I guess funniest situation was when I tried to order room service from the in-room menu on a rainy night. One of the English speaking staff came up to the room to take my order, and my first 5 selections weren't available. After I was finally able to order something that was actually available, she then returned to my room 5 minutes later to say there was 'no food'. Weird!

Breakfast: as other reviewers have noted, the meagre buffet offering was never replenished, so that by 8am most of the food was gone. Coffee was hideous. After the first morning, I didn't bother.

Location: the hotel is two blocks down from the main 'action' (bars, restaurants) in Nha Trang - ok during the day but I there could be safety issues walking back at night.

To top it all off, the place just had a 'creepy' feel. I don't like to give a really negative review of a hotel, but this place really has to sort itself out. When my brief, pre-paid booking was over, I spent an extra $7 a night and moved to another hotel, and it was a HUGE relief.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bex2244
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

Huge Hotel, good location - but very loud due to traffic, nice room (pretty wooden floor), nice view from 12th floor, poor breakfast in a tiny and dingy room, Sailing Club (=best and most beautiful Restaurant in town) is just across the street, all in all too expensive for what you get.
Staff: some friendly, some not.
Strange experience: reception guy told us to pay cash one night before Check-Out, he said the credit card Reader was broken - turned out to be a lie - he obviously didn't want to give us an official bill, wanted too keep a part of the money for himself...

• Stayed February 2012
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

We had booked a beach view room and technically thats what we got, but you had to be standing on the balcony to see the water. The hotel does not sit front on to the beach, its sits side on down a side street which makes it less noisy.

The walls the the room were thin and we could hear everything happening in the hallway and the room next door. The toilet leaked water which was never fixed after we'd informed reception, although they sent a 'maintenance man' who turned out to be the door man?

The room was full of ants which found their way into my suitcase nor did all the lights work in the room.

They have a roof top pool which would be nice in summer, its not very big though but has good city views. There is bound to be large scale construction in the near future as they are building a Mariot next door, which is bound to take away the 'beach views.'

Checkout was very slow and we were charged for a small bottle of water we'd drunk ... nothing here is complementary! There was only one young man at reception that was helpful and polite, the rest especially an older gentleman was quiet rude.

If we went back to Nha Trang we wouldn't contemplate staying here!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple